Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 10:51 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,308,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
Most people from California explained to me they wanted more peaceful and conservative state to raise the family. We could afford our living in WA just fine. But it seemed not a good peaceful place to stay in anymore...I have to add of course there were other factors. One thing I know for sure - we probably will not stay in Idaho, but we know will never move to any liberal run state!
So you're running in circles, then: Of course conservatives want to live in a more conservative place. Liberals leave Alabama because they want to live in a more liberal place. Is that an argument against conservative government? Of course not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 10:53 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,668,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
Most people from California explained to me they wanted more peaceful and conservative state to raise the family. We could afford our living in WA just fine. But it seemed not a good peaceful place to stay in anymore...I have to add of course there were other factors. One thing I know for sure - we probably will not stay in Idaho, but we know will never move to any liberal run state!
I really hope that you keep posting and encouraging people to move out of 'liberal states' because California is overpopulated and it would be a much better place to live if all the haters moved elsewhere.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:28 PM

8,540 posts, read 8,993,752 times
Common reasons to leave conservative states:

(not everywhere or for everyone but in some cases)

Poorly funded and focused schools.

Less good paying jobs with good benefits.
Less access to health care if your employer doesn't provide it.

Less big city amenities.

Blowhard "conservative" politicians telling people what is right and wrong, what to think, want they can't do / can't be. And not doing or achieving much else.
One-sided favoritism of business interests and the rich over the rest of the people including on tax policy.
Efforts to legislate religious beliefs.
In the south, the legacy of racial prejudice and some efforts to stoke / maintain those prejudices.

There are positives and negatives to most states / places, imo. People will often pick what they want (and get the rest along with it). Not everyone is happy with where they are but for many different reasons, known or just vaguely felt. The world can look different in different eyes and different lives. Some see one way at best, some see good and bad in the different ways or at least in some extremes of both. Choice is good but it makes it harder in some ways.

I have never lived in California and probably never will. Same for Mississippi and New York and many other states. I don't focus that much on them and what they are doing except as they attempt to influence national policy or other state policies. Some states have a better balance for me. Find your balance.

Last edited by NW Crow; 10-25-2020 at 12:11 AM..

Old 10-26-2020, 10:48 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,394,970 times
Californians aren’t invading Idaho. That’s just Idahoans attempting too flatter themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies