Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 08:49 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,567,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Wow....I'm sorry for your loss and always enjoy reading your posts. Keep 'em coming.

Thank you. I'm not stopping. Anger is effective fuel.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 09:12 PM

20,035 posts, read 9,571,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Out of my husband's final seven months on earth, I got to spend two days with him.

I'm pissed.
I am so very sorry to hear that, I had no idea.

And of all the tragedies of this pandemic, big or small, I think what you experienced is the biggest. To not even be with your spouse as s/he is dying, to not even be able to hold hands, is -- well, I can't even begin to think of words to express what I would be feeling.

"Pissed" would not even BEGIN to describe my anger and outrage.

Again, you have my deepest and most sincere sympathy.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:44 PM

39,169 posts, read 51,452,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Lots will die anyway. 7452 people die in the USA every day. If I were an elder person, I would like to have one last Holiday with my family.

People with attitudes like yours are what is 'truly tragic'.
Many "elder persons" have or want to think they have a few more years in the tank. Risking their lives and losing that bet when this will all be a memory by summer and certainly by next Thanksgiving is just foolish.

My daughter will be working in the covid ward of a local hospital on Thanksgiving this year. Maybe we can see her outside the day after. We will get by. We are all doing our best to make sure this is not the "one last holiday".

Old 10-20-2020, 11:18 PM

1,969 posts, read 548,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You apparently didn't read the article. Once again, for the slow among you, the words rules, regulations, mandates, must and require are in this regulation. But you'll see it as you wish to I guess.......
i read it, and i repeat, for you thick ones, the words dont mean anything if they cant enforce them. no one is knocking on doors doing head counts and dish inspections. get a grip.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:20 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,129,362 times
It's California, what do you expect.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:23 AM

39,946 posts, read 26,651,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Many "elder persons" have or want to think they have a few more years in the tank. Risking their lives and losing that bet when this will all be a memory by summer and certainly by next Thanksgiving is just foolish.

My daughter will be working in the covid ward of a local hospital on Thanksgiving this year. Maybe we can see her outside the day after. We will get by. We are all doing our best to make sure this is not the "one last holiday".
Sure it will. Remember "2 week to flatten the curve"? When we figured it would burn out in the summer? No reason to expect the China bug to go away by next year, any more than the Spanish Flu did.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:43 AM

36,832 posts, read 31,112,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

If grandma and grandpa are at risk or uncomfortable attending a family thanksgiving by all means they can sit this one out.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:52 AM

1,035 posts, read 799,387 times
How do you social distance in a house unless your planning to have thanksgiving outside?

Old 10-21-2020, 06:54 AM

39,169 posts, read 51,452,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sure it will. Remember "2 week to flatten the curve"? When we figured it would burn out in the summer? No reason to expect the China bug to go away by next year, any more than the Spanish Flu did.
I'm hopeful that the mRNA vaccines will prove both safe and effective and that they can be produced in massive amounts by early next year. With a competent government (read not Trump), the distribution and vaccination process will reach those seriously at risk at a minimum in January and even the not so vulnerable by Easter. So me and my old lady will take our turkey alone this year and probably not have our usual big family bash this Christmas as we "run away" and live to fight another day.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:59 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,863,089 times
Giving thanks is a God given right. noisome is not God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies