Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 05:01 AM

24,065 posts, read 15,185,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I want to see candidates appear in public and answer hard questions. Who are you to tell me how I feel or don’t feel. Traditional campaigning and verbal on-the-spot answers are what I want. Hardly a reality TV show. More like a candidate answering to voters in a public setting. You don’t care. Your choice. I do.
He does. You just can't see it unless it is some big rally.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:27 AM

37,289 posts, read 19,304,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
May I remind you of this? On the eve of Nov. 7, 2016 the odds of Hillary winning by the infallible "markets" was 88% to 13%. I hope Biden continues to sit comfortably for the rest of the campaign.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...016_president/
You seem to forget that James Comey shot Hillary out of the saddle nine days before the election. There is no James Comey to ***** the election in 2020. Also, In five more days most voters may have already cast their ballots.

But hey - You gotta have a dream, I guess.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:32 AM

68,363 posts, read 54,576,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Let's face it, Sleepy Biden requires a lot of rest. He just doesn't have the stamina to be president. He may work a half day and take 2 days off. This is just crazy.

If you notice whenever Biden would go an event, he would jog up to the podium. Search some youtubes to see. He was told to jog up to the podium so the people see how vitalized you are. Well, evidently all that jogging pooped him out. One event he was jogging and gave out of energy before he got to the podium.

How much practice does he need for the debate when he is given the "what kind of ice cream do you have" questions that he gets before the debate? lol And of course again, the moderator is democratic...as always. He'll be all cool looking because he knows his answers up front.

Of course Trump will need to be loud and talk over the moderator and Biden. It's only fair that he gets out what he needs to say. The cards are stacked against him. Please Trump speak up loud and often about corrupt Biden. Speak over people if need be but get it out!

Nah let's face the truth. Trump, like a child, is pathetically needy for attention and does his Dog & Pony Shows hoping the adoration of the faithful means he's actually been doing something constructive when his inept, ineffective response to the virus says otherwise. Then again he's stupid enough to call respected scientists idiots so maybe he really is mentally a child.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
I feel cheated and insulted as an American who’s voting soon for the most important election we vote in, that Biden has not campaigned, has hid in his basement, has not answered any questions which most Americans feel are important and who caps his days at 9:00 am, or doesn’t show up anywhere at all. I consider him to be cheating and acting cowardly. He’s hiding his corruption and hoping no one notices. Everyone is noticing Joe’s behavior as very undesirable. Democrats are just afraid to admit it.
Democrats are too busy right now turning in their early ballots for Joe To comment.

Hold that thought.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Actually you may think it’s nonsense but I don’t. In my lifetime I have always looked forward to candidates expressing their views, answering questions about how they would handle situations, answering difficult questions. This guy is in total avoidance mode and media is protecting him. Something stinks to high heaven and the fact that he’s hiding out for four days now makes the stink even stronger. Americans deserve more.
You should have watched his town hall, or at least visited his web site.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:39 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,178,778 times
Two weeks out from the election, the challenger takes himself out of the public eye for a quarter of the remaining time.

Biden isn’t running a real campaign. It’s a joke. A show, to give Democrat voters the illusion that they have a chance this election. They don’t.

There are lots of indicators one can look at to make predictions about elections. Polling is just one of them. All other indicators are strongly suggesting that Trump’s going to clean up. Voter registrations, early voting turnout, mail-in turnout, enthusiasm - all leaning heavily in Trump’s direction.

I recall seeing Nancy Pelosi behind a podium somewhere a few weeks ago, telling us that Trump would win in a landslide on Election Day. I don’t recall EVER hearing a politician saying something like that, then following it up with “but we’ll still win.” What a joke.

The polls are cooked. Maybe not intentionally, as I’ve read a lot talking about how the pollsters are having a hard time reaching certain groups to poll them, but they’re not accurate. I’m actually predicting a collapse of the polling industry after this election, due to their catastrophic failures to correctly present the views of the people for two general election cycles in a row.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:41 AM

9,048 posts, read 3,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump is the guy behind -- he has to do what he can......

Biden is sitting comfortably.

As an example -- even the Trafalgar group shows Biden winning in Wisconsin right now. YIKES!!!!! That's not good.
Exactly. It is the sensible play by the Biden handlers.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:42 AM

8,815 posts, read 5,126,804 times
Biden has his hand full, with sonny boy, who about to go over the edge.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:45 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,178,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Exactly. It is the sensible play by the Biden handlers.
Interesting position. Can you name any other heated political campaign where the candidate won their seat by not campaigning? Curious why you think this is “sensible.” AFAIK, there’s no precedent, and common sense and simple logic dictates that you’d want to be out in front of the voters as much as possible, especially just before the election. But hey, what do I know. Educate me.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:19 AM

9,048 posts, read 3,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Interesting position. Can you name any other heated political campaign where the candidate won their seat by not campaigning? Curious why you think this is “sensible.” AFAIK, there’s no precedent, and common sense and simple logic dictates that you’d want to be out in front of the voters as much as possible, especially just before the election. But hey, what do I know. Educate me.
Common sense and simple logic dictates that when you are winning (and they think they are), you take risk off the table when the prize is so big. Having Joe out on the street is a risk. They need him in the basement.

It has been their strategy all along and they think it is working. It is the only sensible strategy if you are in their shoes and think what they think. Little to gain (are there really any people who intend to vote that are still undecided?) and much to lose (they know his level of competence).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.