Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 02:23 PM

2,082 posts, read 926,333 times

Advertisements

Fearful New Yorkers plan to flee city on Election Day: ‘People will go nuts’

Some people want to get out the vote. Others just want to get out.

New Yorkers are on edge after a leaked NYPD memo, obtained by The Post, revealed this week that police are preparing for protests to begin as early as Oct. 25 and grow in intensity through next year. The department decreed officers should “be prepared for deployment,” adding: “This November 3rd will be one of the most highly contested presidential elections in the modern era. There is also a strong likelihood that the winner of the presidential election may not be decided for several weeks.”

It’s enough to make some residents run for the hills.

I wonder who they are afraid of ?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/17/fearfu...-election-day/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 02:29 PM

57,394 posts, read 26,302,134 times
If they didn't leave in 2017 why would they leave now, it's not as if most New Yorkers didn't know what they were getting for president

Old 10-18-2020, 04:51 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,814,307 times
On Long Island my fellow Dems and I are worried about what the trumpees will do if he loses. They're a nasty bunch.

What happened when trump won in 2016? Millions of women and a lot of men marched peacefully. Stop projecting your own violent fantasies.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:11 PM

2,082 posts, read 926,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
On Long Island my fellow Dems and I are worried about what the trumpees will do if he loses. They're a nasty bunch.

What happened when trump won in 2016? Millions of women and a lot of men marched peacefully. Stop projecting your own violent fantasies.
This is no fantasy

The domestic terrorists in Antifa and Black Lives Matter have accomplished one thing: the most costly riots in the history of our country,

Exclusive: $1 billion-plus riot damage is most expensive in insurance history

The protests that took place in 140 U.S. cities this spring were mostly peaceful, but the arson, vandalism and looting that did occur will result in at least $1 billion to $2 billion of paid insurance claims — eclipsing the record set in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the police officers who brutalized Rodney King.

https://www.axios.com/riots-cost-pro...sam&stream=top

Old 10-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times
I'm planning to stay away from the polling places or downtown on election day, and the few days after that.

Anything could happen, and I'm playing the odds by avoiding potential flare up spots.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:33 PM

301 posts, read 183,472 times
All hell is going to break loose. It doesn't matter which tribe you belong to. Batten down the hatches.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:34 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
All hell is going to break loose. It doesn't matter which tribe you belong to. Batten down the hatches.
I think we can expect violence at the polling places, for starters.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,895,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post

2016 we heard the same nonsense from Hillary supporters. It turns out it was the Hillary supporters who couldn't accept losing. Hardliners invest a lot of themselves, like fanatics at a sporting event. They just can't face a loss, can't accept it. They start to project before it even happens.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:36 PM

301 posts, read 183,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think we can expect violence at the polling places, for starters.
Guaranteed. Regardless if you are Republican or Democrat I advise you to lay low until things calm down. No idea when that will happen.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:37 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,739,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
This^

It'll start with the left wing.

It'll end with the insurrection act, or the right exercising their 2A right to self defense.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies