Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 08:32 AM

17,536 posts, read 9,343,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
I met a retired Republican state senator a year or so ago when I was vacationing down in Cabo with my wife. He has 80+ years old, given 6 months to live due to a cancer diagnosis, and he decided to tell me how things are in Washington. Cliff notes? Every politician is corrupt. EVERY ONE. Every crazy conspiracy theory you've ever heard could be at least partially true. He hands the phone to me and on the other line is a governor friend of his. Super nice guy. married 50 years or something. Asking me what we are doing down in Cabo, how we like it, etc.

I get off the phone and look them both up. There is an audio recording of them plotting to murder someone if their extortion plan fails. This was never reported in the media. Nothing was done. They both lived happily ever after. And one more thing. The media is totally corrupt as well. This deep state thing we hear about is 100% accurate. Funny thing is, I asked him who the most corrupt and without hesitation he said Barbara Bush. Her and GHW were the worst. Again, he was a Republican. BTW, Ronnie was the best by a mile.

So what does this have to do with Trump? He came into office as a total outsider and blew the whistle on it all. The fake news. The deep state. The corrupt CIA and FBI. Trump basically blew up the charade that is the USA. And these forces are going to get payback.

If Trump wouldn't have come along and screwed things up, we'd all still be living a fantasy while the country continued its slow but steady decline into oblivion.

This entire mess is Trump's fault.
You are wrong — YES, Donald Trump’s Election blew it all up and now WE KNOW.
He was a total outsider who self funded his Primary against 16 Establishment Elite Republicans and broke all GOP Records to win the Nomination.

President .trump says it best :

They are really after YOU, I’m just in the way.

He didn’t screw it all up .... the people who voted for him did it. The Deplorables.
And we will do it again. The FED-UP crowd will win, more of us than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 08:40 AM

23,824 posts, read 24,194,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The only whistle I've seen him blow is the dog whistle
Can you tell us who the voices in your head are, and what they're saying? Is it the Russians again?

The only people hearing these "dog whistles" are people like you. If you're hearing racist, misogynistic, or other things that aren't actually there, perhaps you're the racist, misogynist, etc.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:53 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,537,957 times
Cool story bro.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:12 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,622,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You missed the collectivism part. So perhaps you should look up those big words. Once you do that, put the two together to form a complete philosophy. Once you understand that philosophy, you will realize that Trump is about the last person who would implement authoritarian COLLECTIVISM.
You mean Trump is no longer a champion and fearless leader of the common folk abused by DC elites?

Old 10-19-2020, 09:15 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,622,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
He was a total outsider who self funded his Primary against 16 Establishment Elite Republicans and broke all GOP Records to win the Nomination.

President .trump says it best :

They are really after YOU, I’m just in the way.

He didn’t screw it all up .... the people who voted for him did it. The Deplorables.
And we will do it again. The FED-UP crowd will win, more of us than them.
and ChrisC says Trump single handedly destroyed totalitarian collectivism.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:05 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,826,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
I agree. He exposed how rotten DC really is and it could only be done by an outsider. It is the reason they hate him so much .
There is no going back for the media either. They just look like idiots now when they pretend that we still believe them.
Anyone who didn't know DC is corrupt is naive after all isn't that one of the reasons people voted for Mr Hope & Change and VP Joe Biden? Yet nothing changed, They both enriched themself, nothing new.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:13 AM

2,923 posts, read 983,765 times
how do you define corrupt? Do you really expect that people go into a life of politics for 'public service'?

Old 10-19-2020, 10:33 AM

21,311 posts, read 19,921,100 times
You could at least tell us who these people are that you spoke with.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:35 AM

42,812 posts, read 26,502,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can you tell us who the voices in your head are, and what they're saying? Is it the Russians again?

The only people hearing these "dog whistles" are people like you. If you're hearing racist, misogynistic, or other things that aren't actually there, perhaps you're the racist, misogynist, etc.
Why resort to personal attacks, is that all you've got left?

Old 10-19-2020, 10:49 AM

42,812 posts, read 26,502,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
lol self funded his primary? yeah and funneled money back to himself

Quote:
Mr. Trump, whose campaign has just $1.3 million cash on hand, paid at least $1.1 million to his businesses and family members in May for expenses associated with events and travel costs. The total represents nearly a fifth of the $6 million that his campaign spent in the month. In 2015, about $2.7 million was paid to at least seven companies Mr. Trump owns or to people who work for his real estate and branding empire, repaying them for services provided to his campaign. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/u...-payments.html
And here's an interesting piece on how he blew a billion dollar campaign fund for 2020. Not exactly what you'd expect from such a 'stable genius'

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...waAtNcEALw_wcB

Last edited by 2sleepy; 10-19-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies