Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 12:16 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,021,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
She was calling him out on his lies and yes questioning Trump is like dealing with a toddler. He doesn't know anything about Qanon and then in the next sentence, I know Qanon is against pedophilia. Which is it, do you know them or not?

Regarding the white supremacy she was giving Trump an outlet in front of millions of viewers to do something he failed to do in the 1st debate. She didn't frame him as a white supremacist. He did that all by himself.

I really don't understand and no one has been able to explain this phenomena to me, but how do the Trump supporters never, ever, ever admit he has said or done the wrong thing. I like Biden, but I can admit he needs to answer the court packing question. He's avoiding it and his answers suck so far on it. There.....see it's easy.
This 100%

Democrats have no problem picking apart Joe Biden. I already voted for him, but I can admit that he's not my first choice and has his share of flaws.

I've yet to hear a Trump supporter give a balanced, rational analysis of the President without invoking some version of "whataboutism" or "Pelosi" in the response.

For the court packing, I understood where Joe was coming from. It's not fair that he should have to answer that question when the GOP is actively in the process of court-packing. It's OK for McConnell/Trump to pack the courts but it's not for Biden? He was right that the media just wants SOMETHING bad or questionable on Biden so they can run ragged with it and try to make this a horse race. Biden is smart to make this a referendum on Trump. The incumbent has a record and the race should be about him and his record...and whether or not we want 4 more years of that.

Plus.......there's no way to know if he'd even be able to pack the courts since Democrats would need control of the Senate. He doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize their chances there. If I were him, I wouldn't answer because it takes all the focus off of Republicans that are actually court-packing this very moment and puts it on a hypothetical "what-if" from Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 01:29 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,991,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
She was calling him out on his lies and yes questioning Trump is like dealing with a toddler. He doesn't know anything about Qanon and then in the next sentence, I know Qanon is against pedophilia. Which is it, do you know them or not?

Regarding the white supremacy she was giving Trump an outlet in front of millions of viewers to do something he failed to do in the 1st debate. She didn't frame him as a white supremacist. He did that all by himself.

I really don't understand and no one has been able to explain this phenomena to me, but how do the Trump supporters never, ever, ever admit he has said or done the wrong thing. I like Biden, but I can admit he needs to answer the court packing question. He's avoiding it and his answers suck so far on it. There.....see it's easy.

Because you guys selectively twist, omit and outright lie about what he has said or done.

How many ways can the poor man state he does not support white supremacy?

https://thepostmillennial.com/over-2...hite-supremacy

Old 10-16-2020, 01:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,995,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Because you guys selectively twist, omit and outright lie about what he has said or done.

How many ways can the poor man state he does not support white supremacy?

https://thepostmillennial.com/over-2...hite-supremacy
Maybe he should resist re-tweeting some of the garbage he promotes? Re-tweeting something is promoting it. It's telling the world you agree with it. The President of the United States presumably has the resources to check out the people he's promoting, and to check out the information (or misinformation) that he's promoting.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:48 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,464,957 times
Quote:
There's a big difference in asking a question and another with what Guthrie did. One of the first things she addressed was to ask him to denounce white supremacy. How many times has he been asked to denounce white supremacy in the past 5 years? Any "journalist" would have know it has been too many times. So she started off by baiting Trump. We know the reason why he is continually asked to denounce white suprmeacy. By the very question, it is slyly framing him as a white supremacist, without actually accusing him to his face
It's disgusting.
It was a softball question meant to give him a chance to dismiss it as a issue. He failed at it, and made it look like getting him to say it was like pulling teeth. I was sort of disgusted with it as a question because I felt like it was giving him a chance to look good but not provide us anything of note. Boy was I wrong. LOL.

Quote:
Then, the demand he renounce Qanon. When Trump said he didn't know much about them, she had the nerve to shout "Yes, you do!" which led to a "No, I don't" and again she shouted "Yes, you do!". Sorry, that is not an interview. More like an interrogation.
Because simply put his response is insane nonsense. No one actually believes he is so incompetent that he doesn't know what they are. Well...except his supporters apparently DO believe he is that bad at his job that he wouldn't know this. Again, this was a softball question for anyone that isn't your crazy uncle spreading insane conspiracies. I wish we could have seen Mary Trumps face when that comment came out. LOL.

Quote:
There is a way to ask hard hitting and insightful questions and follow up. No one has an issue with that. But the disrespect shown to our President (did she actually refer to him as a crazy uncle?) and her shrill antagonism and constant interruptions were totally outside what is considered professional moderating.
The guy brought nonsense to a factual discussion and was called out for it. Just because you are the president doesn't mean everyone has to accept your lies. You and others seem to think that being president allows you to live in some alternate reality where when 210,000 of your citizens dies thats a good job......when every other country is doing better.

Old 10-16-2020, 02:18 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,472,938 times
No one tricks Trump. He destroys himself all on his own. As if renouncing white supremacy is something he has to think about? As if dismissing a crazy conspiracy theory is something to think about? He endorsed a candidate a while back who had endorsed the Qanon principles. As I said earlier, he can't operate out of his bubble. Period. He's used to Fox News. This was not Fox News. I predict he'll bow out of the final debate, after whining about how unfairly he is treated by everyone. Such a whiner, such a child.

Old 10-16-2020, 02:30 PM

20,003 posts, read 22,946,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
He really did last night. He didn’t look healthy. Sweating. Red as a pig.
He took some flak for sure. Some softball questions ‘again’ and he whiffs it.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:10 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,991,022 times
I've said it before and it bears repeating. Trump is not a polished orator or a glib politician. He is a doer, and he gets things done. Like protecting the American worker from getting shafted by the professional politicians who will sell us down the river if it means lining their own pockets.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:21 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,464,957 times
Quote:
I've said it before and it bears repeating. Trump is not a polished orator or a glib politician. He is a doer, and he gets things done. Like protecting the American worker from getting shafted by the professional politicians who will sell us down the river if it means lining their own pockets.

But apparently not a doer enough that we have 4% of the population, and 20% of the deaths from Covid.

Actually thats not fair, he did a LOT of things-but most of them were stupid. From the stupid wall idea-mandatory everify 1000X cheaper 100X more effective. for example, or telling folks that masks arent good for you.

A chicken runs around a lot with no head attached after it gets chopped off. That isnt really effective action.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:26 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,944,871 times
Quote:
But he doesn't "do" anything. He just says he does -- like when he says he's done more for African Americans than any president since Lincoln -- does he actually think anyone believes him? Oh he's emboldened white supremacists, sure. But protect the American worker? No way. Most jobs lost in history on his watch. Worker protections and employer regulations thrown out the door. Wages stunted, fake tax cut (just borrowed the money), failed trade war (more debt), failed virus response (215K dead, minorities affected the worst.)

Well he does proclaim himself the "king of debt" so I guess that's one thing he does -- borrow money. He's basically given every American worker a credit card for 10K already maxed out.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:42 PM

63,492 posts, read 29,475,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
But he doesn't "do" anything. He just says he does -- like when he says he's done more for African Americans than any president since Lincoln -- does he actually think anyone believes him? Oh he's emboldened white supremacists, sure. But protect the American worker? No way. Most jobs lost in history on his watch. Worker protections and employer regulations thrown out the door. Wages stunted, fake tax cut (just borrowed the money), failed trade war (more debt), failed virus response (215K dead, minorities affected the worst.)

Well he does proclaim himself the "king of debt" so I guess that's one thing he does -- borrow money. He's basically given every American worker a credit card for 10K already maxed out.
He's not done anything for blacks? And I'm sure there is more.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...black-colleges

How has he emboldened white supremacists? The Democrats sure have emboldened black supremacists though with all the rioting and looting not to mention the self-hating white liberals that are doing it to.

Do you think that the Democrats are protecting the American worker with their constant amnesty plans for illegal aliens and virtual open borders? Trump is standing up for the American worker by not promising an amnesty and building a wall to protect American jobs. He also reinstated the workplace raids that were discontinued under Obama. The Democrats also refuse to sign an e-verify bill.

All of the so-called failures you have mentioned are nothing but liberal lies and spin. "Polly wanna cracker"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies