Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 12:02 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 25 days ago)

36,142 posts, read 18,424,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Show us one news report of a white prisoner getting similar treatment.
We’ll wait.
I saw a white guy being dragged by the HAIR by a cop on horseback.

6th Street Halloween festival, Austin, year was around 1990.

The drunk kicked the cop's horse, the cop reached down and grabbed him by the hair, and dragged him off.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:03 PM

12,113 posts, read 5,991,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you should be able to find a recent/current example with no trouble.
Let’s see it.
Get real - it doesn't suit the media's agenda to report on the same treatment if it's a white man.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:10 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,229,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Please - Italians were lynched.

I wish people would stick to the topic you're discussing here - but please don't respond with bull ****.
Does that make it better? Further, Italians are one ethnic group. Black people in this country came from over 40 ethnic groups...and all were subjected to that inhumanity.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:11 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,229,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

The drunk kicked the cop's horse, the cop reached down and grabbed him by the hair, and dragged him off.
Something is truly wrong with some people. So unnecessary.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:19 PM

1,168 posts, read 790,496 times
Quote:

So 30 years ago? Just imagine how much worse black men were being treated by law enforcement back then

Going further I would like for posters not to reference isolated occurrences of bigotry or injustice that non-blacks have endured in this country or the slavery of their people on some other part of globe in ancient history.

The context of this discussion is centered on race relations within the US, and it's intellectually dishonest to pretend that anyone has suffered as much as blacks. Agreed?

Old 10-11-2020, 12:23 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 25 days ago)

36,142 posts, read 18,424,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
So 30 years ago? Just imagine how much worse black men were being treated by law enforcement back then

Going further I would like for posters not to reference isolated occurrences of bigotry or injustice that non-blacks have endured in this country or the slavery of their people on some other part of globe in ancient history.

The context of this discussion is centered on race relations within the US, and it's intellectually dishonest to pretend that anyone has suffered as much as blacks. Agreed?
I was just answering that one specific question.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:26 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,736,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Does that make it better? Further, Italians are one ethnic group. Black people in this country came from over 40 ethnic groups...and all were subjected to that inhumanity.
You're missing the point. The response given by the OP that whites don't have a history of fill-in-the blank is bull.

I can support many statements against what these cops did, but not that one.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:38 PM

8,546 posts, read 3,065,360 times
Quote:

But he was white so it doesn’t matter. Only black lives matter. Unless it’s one of dozens of blacks shot every weekend in cities like Chicago by other blacks. Black killers don’t matter. It’s just culture being culture.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:42 PM

21,571 posts, read 10,691,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You're actually thinking it's newsworthy when a white person is led around with a rope by cops on horseback? LOL, no it isn't. If it were done to a white person then those seeing it would just point and laugh.

Just because there may not be any news stories about them doing the same to a white person does not mean it hasn't happened. Most likely it did happen. This comment was stated by a police official ..
"not used correctly in this instance"<bbm> .. may mean, it shouldn't have been used on a black person.

Maybe Mr. Neely shouldn't have ignored the warnings. If people are going to give him a pass because he's mentally ill, then, where was his sister and why didn't she make sure her brother stayed out of trouble.

Oh look, the sister didn't care about her brother, who was living on the streets and mentally ill.. until there's a possibility of a million dollar windfall. smh.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-poli...ry?id=64801251
They need to start taking this to a jury. Don’t apologize or settle with these people. It’s only making resisting arrest another way for people to get a potential lawsuit. This is the new slip and fall scam.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:43 PM

1,168 posts, read 790,496 times
Quote:
I was just answering that one specific question.
The poster you responded to was looking for a recent news story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies