Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 04:19 PM

6,135 posts, read 3,358,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Franklin Roosevelt wanted his New Deal to pass, and to help with that, he packed the court with Justices that would approve of his New Deal proposals.

So what's new!
You are mistaken. FDR wanted to pack the court, but he ended up not doing it, for various reasons.

If Biden packs the court, I can no longer support our government, and I’m a moderate independent at heart who has no allegiance to either party. Just think about the crazy Alt right dudes who will be much more angrier than I will be.

But if Biden does go through with it, that would mean that the Dems controlled everything and would have complete control for decades, if not forever. Not just the courts, but the House and Senate, too.

I will not support one party rule, no way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 04:28 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,522,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
He is a elitist who feels the voters aren’t capable of deciding what’s best for all Americans, he forgets he is the one who was hired by his constituents who voted for him and he is the servant of his state who voted him in.
You give him way too much credit. His handlers told him not to say. He isn't running things.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Everyone already knows he will. But by him not answering, it just stays in the news cycle, which isn’t very smart by him.
So then...telling the truth must be worse....

Old 10-10-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
You are mistaken. FDR wanted to pack the court, but he ended up not doing it, for various reasons.

If Biden packs the court, I can no longer support our government, and I’m a moderate independent at heart who has no allegiance to either party. Just think about the crazy Alt right dudes who will be much more angrier than I will be.

But if Biden does go through with it, that would mean that the Dems controlled everything and would have complete control for decades, if not forever. Not just the courts, but the House and Senate, too.

I will not support one party rule, no way.
Well, I live in Illinois under one party rule and people are leaving in droves. Same for California, same for NY.

Old 10-10-2020, 04:34 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Of course. The left has the ability to demand things from the right but the right has no ability to demand things from the left. Demands are only effective if they dominate the news cycle. Any demands the left makes become the dominant news story and any demands the right makes are just whispered in to the wind.
..you're right

Old 10-10-2020, 04:37 PM

what everyone seems to be missing...

if the democrats add two...

...there's nothing stopping the repubs from adding two more when they are in power

then the dems add two more when they are in power

once you start this ball rolling...there's no stopping it

..and adding more just because you didn't get your way in the first place...which is a back door way of over throwing the government

Old 10-10-2020, 05:11 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
what everyone seems to be missing...

if the democrats add two...

...there's nothing stopping the repubs from adding two more when they are in power

then the dems add two more when they are in power

once you start this ball rolling...there's no stopping it

..and adding more just because you didn't get your way in the first place...which is a back door way of over throwing the government
They're also talking of adding two more states though (DC and PR) to make it more likely we end up with single party rule.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
They're also talking of adding two more states though (DC and PR) to make it more likely we end up with single party rule.
democrats have a history of having no clue what unintended consequences means

...like the republicans using Harry Reid's rule changes now

Old 10-10-2020, 05:29 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
He said they don't deserve to know.
This is the problem with career politicians. The people mean nothing to them. They think they are above everyone else.

Makes me sick.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
This is the problem with career politicians. The people mean nothing to them. They think they are above everyone else.

Makes me sick.
Yep. The longer they are in office the less they feel they are there to represent we the people. Soon they start to feel entitled. My Favorite Shiela Jackson Lee threw a temper tantrum on a plane because she felt the staff didn't kiss her big fat ass enough. Pelosi wanted the Air Force to buy a fleet of private jets for congress to fly in.

We allow them to vote themselves a pay raise!!! WE empower them. The hardliners are the worst. They cheer their party on .. They remind me of twisted rape victims that feel the need to pay their rapists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies