Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump really has Covid-19?
Yes 160 71.11%
No 27 12.00%
Maybe 38 16.89%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 03:29 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,866,720 times

Advertisements

Yes. Reports are that he was apparently very sick yesterday. Not to the point of anything devastating, but definitely sick where he didn't feel well enough to be out and about. At this point in the campaign, I don't think he would pull some stunt, with so little time left.

There is somewhat of a stigma/shame that comes with catching COVID (even though I don't think that is fair). I don't think he would want to be on the list, because you are always branded if you get COVID.

He is heading to Walter Reed, so he definitely got it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...16a_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 03:34 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,237,835 times
I'm torn. He tweeted at 1am Friday morning, which is special timing. It's Oct. 1, which is conveniently 14 days before the next debate; so he could attend or ditch and either choice could be seen positively by all sides.

I agree that his personality is inconsistent with announcing his illness. I had actually assumed he tested positive some time before given his actions, and I did not expect them to ever make it public. So lying about getting it now seems very unlikely.

He also hasn't tweeted anything since then... very uncharacteristic. There is something at play here, but I don't know what it is.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:37 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,049 times
Hmm with the news that he is going to be staying at Walter Reid for a bit, that drastically changes the odds on my initial scenarios.

Now it is more like 99% he actually has it 1% he is lying and somehow thinks he will get away with it, but wont. The old scene of the kid that fakes sick to get out of school but is suddenly well again when informed they will be going to see the doctor. If he is voluntarily submitting to go see a doctor I am virtually certain he actually has it. Now, the lies to look for will basically be downplaying the severity of it. They currently say it's moderate which most likely means it's pretty bad (for example, see Herman Cain). The real tell will be how long it knocks him out of commission.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:40 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
I was skeptical that he had it at first but then decided he actually did because if Trump had lied about having the virus, Hope Hicks wouldn't have been diagnosed first. Trump would have hogged the spotlight and insisted on being the first one diagnosed.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:47 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,237,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I was skeptical that he had it at first but then decided he actually did because if Trump had lied about having the virus, Hope Hicks wouldn't have been diagnosed first. Trump would have hogged the spotlight and insisted on being the first one diagnosed.
But then he would have caught blame for spreading it, which is not helpful for his poll numbers (and therefore, unlikely, imo).

Old 10-02-2020, 03:49 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I'm torn. He tweeted at 1am Friday morning, which is special timing. It's Oct. 1, which is conveniently 14 days before the next debate; so he could attend or ditch and either choice could be seen positively by all sides.

I agree that his personality is inconsistent with announcing his illness. I had actually assumed he tested positive some time before given his actions, and I did not expect them to ever make it public. So lying about getting it now seems very unlikely.

He also hasn't tweeted anything since then... very uncharacteristic. There is something at play here, but I don't know what it is.
I’ll lay my nickel down on these sentiments.

Whatever the case it sure is entertaining.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:54 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Really? And how did the adviser get it? Someone could have infected people they knew would get near him to spread it to him.
Oh good grief.

Old 10-02-2020, 03:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I wouldn't put it past some of them to infect him with a virus on purpose.
The plot thickens

(Laced with insanity but thickens nonetheless)

Old 10-02-2020, 05:30 PM

592 posts, read 502,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The poll is simple: Yes, No, or Maybe.

You can tell us your vote and why you believe in your answer.

I'm going with "Maybe".

There's no doubt he's a political genius. Winning the presidency is proof of that. Is it a ploy that we don't see?

OTOH he does eschew masks and social distancing so it's almost like, "What took it so long to bite him?"

Let's roll up our sleeves and get to the bottom of this.

As always, have fun!

It is a public poll, so keep that in mind.
I choose MAY BE, might be a twist in Season 4 caused by the disaster he was in the debate.

I hope he is well because he is the President.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:18 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,194 times
Donald Trump deserves no pity. Joe Biden should be hitting Trump harder. Remember, when Donald Trump mocked Hillary's health scare? This foul man deserves no pity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-L...0s&app=desktop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies