Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump really has Covid-19?
Yes 160 71.11%
No 27 12.00%
Maybe 38 16.89%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 07:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times

Advertisements

This guy still doesn't have a mask on while he is telling people he is going to the hospital. Wtf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 07:05 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The poll is simple: Yes, No, or Maybe.

You can tell us your vote and why you believe in your answer.

I'm going with "Maybe".

There's no doubt he's a political genius. Winning the presidency is proof of that. Is it a ploy that we don't see?

OTOH he does eschew masks and social distancing so it's almost like, "What took it so long to bite him?"

Let's roll up our sleeves and get to the bottom of this.

As always, have fun!

It is a public poll, so keep that in mind.
I can't see any upside in faking it.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
This guy still doesn't have a mask on while he is telling people he is going to the hospital. Wtf.
Trump walked to the helicopter with a mask on.

https://www.channel103.com/news/nati...-19-diagnosis/

Old 10-02-2020, 07:13 PM

52,251 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can't see any upside in faking it.
I agree, no benefit for lying about, in fact it's more ammo to use against with the I told you so crowd.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I found that interesting too.

I wonder if they had to convince him to put one on for the walk to the chopper. It made a helluva lot more sense to wear one while indoors than walking outside.

But this is Trump sooooo...

Old 10-02-2020, 07:25 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,202 times
I think he and his wife both have it.

He did sound very tired on that interview with Hannity last night as well, it was noticeable.

I don't see any advantage in faking something as serious as that virus.

Too many people at Walter Reed would rat him off if it weren't true, anyway.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:19 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The poll is simple: Yes, No, or Maybe.

You can tell us your vote and why you believe in your answer.

I'm going with "Maybe".

There's no doubt he's a political genius. Winning the presidency is proof of that. Is it a ploy that we don't see?

OTOH he does eschew masks and social distancing so it's almost like, "What took it so long to bite him?"

Let's roll up our sleeves and get to the bottom of this.

As always, have fun!

It is a public poll, so keep that in mind.
Why would he lie about it? (I know what some lunatics on the other side think, but back to reality: Why would he lie about it?)

He's older.

He's been under a lot of stress for the past 4 years, as most presidents go through. Add to that the lying media and lying Democrats who can't stop lying about him - doesn't matter who you are, eventually it's going to bother you, adding more stress.

He's old. Not as old as Biden, but he's old - in his 70s.

He's fat. Can happen to a person when they get old.

He works a LOT. I read one time, a long time ago, long before he ever became President, or even ran, that he slept only 3 hours a night. Don't know if that is still the case, but he works a. LOT. He's been working as President, and then he goes to rallies. One of the most recent ones...I think it was in Virginia, he had already done 2 rallies. He said when he got back onto Air Force One, he thought he was going home for the night, but he was informed that no, he was going to yet another rally. Dude is tired. Working all day, flying all over the place after that, doing rally after rally. It can be exhausting.

When you get that tired, you're more susceptible to illness.

So yes, I think he tested positive. How serious it is remains to be seen. I'm certainly not going to go by what Acosta says, or NBC news - because they've practically got him on a ventilator right now, despite the fact that absolutely no one who actually knows has said such a thing.

There was a video put up about 3 hours ago of Trump making a short statement about going to Walter Reed. He looked pretty good. Rested, seemed energetic. Obviously, from other people's experiences, we know that they felt perfectly fine before all hell broke looks, but, all we know right now is that he tested positive and that he went to Walter Reed.

So - I'm curious why you're so entrenched in this and have been posting these recent threads you've put up. It almost seems like you're cheering for his demise. I certainly hope you aren't as foul and low and depraved like we've seen from a lot of people on the left on social media. Including Congressional candidates, former Obama and Hillary Clinton workers.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:29 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Ok, here's what I think Trump is going to do. On October 15th, Trump is going to walk out to debate Biden. He's going to come with an oxygen mask and a walker, ala Harvey Weinstein, limping his way to the stage while the Biden and the rest of the world watch. Once he gets up there, he rips off the oxygen mask, throws his walker at the moderators and yells "Ha, Ha, I got you suckers! I beat Covid like I beat my women, love you Melania, and just like I'm going to beat Biden! Let's get it on! But you better not cut my mic or I quit!." Joe Biden is gonna say, "Come on man! Are you on crack?!?"

Old 10-02-2020, 08:41 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes. It's one thing for Trump to lie about something, he lies all the time.

But for Trump to claim that he has COVID19, that means that the White House doctor and several other top military medical staff would have to go along with that lie, which I just don't see happening.

Also, Trump repeatedly goes to rallies with thousands of people and doesn't wear a mask, so it is very reasonable to believe that he has actually contracted the virus.
^^^Sanity check....passed. Unfortunately, many others, perhaps in the grips of partisanship and Boones Farm have voted no....I'll give the maybe folks a pass lol.

Getting covid doesn't help Trump, it's a big fat I told ya so after months of downplaying it. Period.

It takes some really bizarre thought processes (again, it's friday night so maybe grapes and hops are to blame) to think this is going to help Trump.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:44 PM

43 posts, read 25,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58
My basic premise is that when Trump says something, more often than not it’s a lie.
I think we can be 99% sure he doesnt have it (Or anyone in the white house)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies