Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 06:49 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,618,215 times

Advertisements

Just 15,000 refugees facing persecution are allowed into a nation of some 330 million. Do the people running the US have no shame?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2020, 06:51 PM

19,963 posts, read 7,931,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When is the 2016 temporary ban on the 7 Muslim countries going to end.
Hopefully never. But I'm sure days after Trump leaves office the islamification of the US will resume.

Old 10-01-2020, 06:54 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,828,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wild guess, you don't want any non-Whites coming to America.
Maybe you could study that specific problem instead of your usual knee jerk race comments...

Old 10-01-2020, 06:55 PM

73,232 posts, read 63,127,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I am not arguing for pre 1965 times, but there were some very successful black people in the north even during slavery days in the south. There were even Some black owned businesses. I’m not saying it was rosy for all blacks and life was very hard for some, obviously. It also should not be ignored that life for many non blacks was very tough during that time. Jobs were scarce (partially thanks to slavery) for pretty much everyone. During the early thru mid 20th century, blacks were on the rise. Literacy rates and education rates increasing, and job prospects as well. The welfare state created in the 60s started the decline of many black people. The democrats convinced them they might as well give up and live off government subsidies. What’s interesting is that still Today life is not as bad for blacks as a whole as we are told. According to the left, it sounds like all blacks live below the poverty level. In fact, it runs about 20% which is higher than it is for other ethnicities but not by as much as one would think listening to CNN. There are actually a good number (and growing) of blacks who have obtained some kind of education and are living a good life. Outside of the ghettos and some section 8 housing, blacks are successful!
There are far more successful Black people today than at any other time in history. That there were successful Black people during slavery times does not negate that Black people had it worse than anyone else. It does not negate the fact that anytime in America up to the 1960s was a horrible time for Black people. Slavery, Jim Crow, all kinds of overt discrimination.

And at this point, you are just lying. The Black middle class has grown since the 1960s. Blacks were in worse shape economically before the 1960s. As more Blacks got access to what the rest of America had, that is when the Black middle and upper classes started to grow more. The Democrats didn't convince Blacks to "give up". The welfare programs were meant for everyone. The Black UNDERCLASS might have gone into decline, but the rest of the Black population has done much better.

Blacks are the most free they have ever been. Blacks can live anywhere they want, eat wherever they want, travel wherever they want, vote, etc. Before the 1960s, many towns were allowed to have sundown laws on the books, preventing Blacks from living there or being there after dark. Housing discrimination was openly rampant. In many Blacks, Blacks were simply prevented from living there.

Old 10-01-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Maybe you could study that specific problem instead of your usual knee jerk race comments...
What do you expect me to think when someone says "If he wants to admit refugees start with the Afrikaaner Farmers from South Africa and what farmers are left in Rhodesia!"?

Old 10-01-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I disagree that large amounts of illegal immigration hasn’t hurt blacks and other ethnicities. The construction trade is a HUGE one. Most teams in my area are made up of immigrants who apparently speak little to no English. I’m sure a share of them are legal but I bet a lot of them are not. These are jobs that Americans of all colors could do. Oh, the business owner might have to pay a better wage but so be it, they should anyway and stop taking advantage of immigrants. I do believe that most immigrants want to work and it shows in many areas, but that doesn’t take away the pain for Americans who can’t find good jobs because an illegal immigrant has been given it instead.
This isn't about illegal aliens, although they are no good for anyone. This is about refugees, who are coming here legally.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:01 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,828,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just 15,000 refugees facing persecution are allowed into a nation of some 330 million. Do the people running the US have no shame?
We're smarter than Europe.....you keep letting these people in and you end up with more Ilhan Omar's. Let Europe take these refugees if they're so upset about it. I'm not. OR how about Canada....? Never hear them stepping up to take all these 'refugees'.....

Old 10-01-2020, 07:06 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,453,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
So I have read before that if a plan was followed through like this for a long time, the population of the us will begin to decline in 40 years.

Really that just means companies will be much more likely to invest in the country because they see no growth.

The sun is setting on America being the leader of the world.
But if the population declines due to the green new deal, then its Ok.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:12 PM

63,492 posts, read 29,542,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Most asylum seekers/refugees are not facing persecution in their own countries. They are coming here for economic opportunity on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer/worker. Educate yourself and take off your emotional blinders.

Old 10-01-2020, 07:14 PM

63,492 posts, read 29,542,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Agreed. He won't vote Republican because he thinks they are racists and yet he pulls the race card himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies