Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 11:33 AM

25,159 posts, read 13,446,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
The ramp is not wavy. That's the black curtains that are covering the handrail. The bottom of the curtains are wavy, as the fabric drapes down. The ramp has non-slip treads.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
thanks. color me surprised. without counting the entire time i see that west point was expecting 1,000 cadets to be at the ceremony so trump would have saluted 500 times.
Apparently there were 1,302 cadets and they were expecting about 1,000, so, 1,000 more or less. I'm sure after salute 498 it was starting to feel like much more, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 11:41 AM

2,810 posts, read 5,664,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Again - it was NOT about the ramp.

It was all about the MEDIA.

Just in case you missed my previous post - it was stand-up comedy performed by Trump, and yes, it was actually funny)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdiqyKm0UwU
So the president of the US- leader of the free world- using racist terminology for the Covid 19 virus is funny?

Old 06-22-2020, 11:41 AM

11,251 posts, read 8,413,701 times
Quote:

Just in case you missed my previous post - it was stand-up comedy performed by Trump, and yes, it was actually funny)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdiqyKm0UwU
Could you imagine if Obama had ragged on an Army General like that, painting him is a aloof and out of touch, and blaming the general for his own frailities. OMG, Fox news would explode if Obama had disrespected Westpoint like that.

You guys keep using the "he was joking" excuse.

You think 120k dead Americans is a joke
You think that propogating military incompetence is a joke
You think mocking the handicap is a joke
You think telling uneducated people that injecting chemicals can cure their lungs is a joke

Say what you will about Obama, and really about any POTUS in the last 50 years. Like them, don't like them, but NONE of them felt that our country, our citizens, our military, or our national security was a joke.

What a pathetic little man he is....

Old 06-22-2020, 11:43 AM

133,032 posts, read 12,501,546 times
I think all the Presidents have had days of very many salutes, yet they all seemed fit enough to do it.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:50 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,583,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I'm sure after salute 498 it was starting to feel like much more, lol.

i don't doubt that.

i'm curious if this has been the standard when a POTUS addresses west point grads or if this was a one-off. my guess would have been a single held salute by the POTUS during a procession but..... obviously wasn't the case this time.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:57 AM

47,139 posts, read 26,349,292 times
Quote:

And that makes it better? You guys sure look for some weird qualities in a Chief Executive.

Old 06-22-2020, 11:59 AM

5,480 posts, read 2,155,190 times
When someone posts something about Biden it must be because the Trumpers are scared...well, by their own logic, the myriad of silly anti-Trump threads must mean they are petrified!

Old 06-22-2020, 12:05 PM

5,636 posts, read 2,376,936 times
Dumb arse Trump should have realized he didn't have to salute the grads. There is no requirement for the president to salute the grads. Rather, the grads are required to do the saluting.

Trump is too dumb to realize this. Even when his arm got tired, he was too dumb to realize that all he had to do was STOP saluting and continue with the rest of the program. So he kept....on...saluting. Trump can't even think on his feet to make a simple decision about saluting.

Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,621,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Talk about missing the point. Your president, during his Great American Comeback Celebration (that's the campaign's term), spent 10 minutes of the audience's time on making excuses for having trouble walking on a ramp, before drinking a glass of water one-handed, to thundering applause. That's the great comeback speech?
But are there hats saying GACC - complete with a retching emoji?That pretty much sums up my thoughts for the past 3 years..GACC!

Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 PM

8,917 posts, read 5,244,407 times
No doubt Trump can be a baffoon. I would still rather him as president.....then creepy Uncle Joe.....who dosen`t know where he is half the time. Plus we all know Biden would be president in name only. His VP, would be running the show. The Dems don`t care who, as long as it`s a black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies