Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 01:01 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,790,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsrightfam View Post
there are two very different Americas. and I really don't want to be in one of them. and the one that I don't want to be in is growing like cancer and taking over. And this is even on a neighborhood by neighborhood basis. Not just state by state. Polarized and enclaved.

You can say "boohoo white guy crying about losing power!" Not really, I never had any power personally, wrong socio-economic-political class. I never oppressed anyone. Jay-Z has 1000000 more power than me by any measure. (yet he and beyonce think I owe them reparations) It's about completely different values and worldview. And second, is about race, yes, I don't want to be hated and oppressed just because I'm white but it's already here big time and getting exponentially worse.

Does it really have to go from "let's judge every person by their character and not by the color of their skin" to let's treat whites like **** and gives special treatment to non-whites? Unfortunately, the answer seems to be unequivocally, yes, yes, it does.

Listen, America will be Hispanic by just demographics in a couple generations and part of Latin America. I have no problem with that. I just don't want to be hated and treated like ****. Is that too much to ask for?
Nope, not at all too much to ask for. Yet, black people are still asking for that after over 300 years. I think its sad that good people get blamed for what bad people do, whether its blacks, whites, cops, etc. I never want to see displaced animosity.

However, the root problem is how blacks have been treated for centuries. All actions create reactions and past generations of whites threw the boomerang out to hit blacks and now the boomerang is heading back in the direction of the sender....but its not the sender its the senders kids and grand kids that will face the backlash.

All this could have been prevented with some sort of sincere efforts of reparations. It's too late now.

Old 06-17-2020, 01:06 PM

9,563 posts, read 7,153,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Nope, not at all too much to ask for. Yet, black people are still asking for that after over 300 years. I think its sad that good people get blamed for what bad people do, whether its blacks, whites, cops, etc. I never want to see displaced animosity.

However, the root problem is how blacks have been treated for centuries. All actions create reactions and past generations of whites threw the boomerang out to hit blacks and not the boomerang is heading back in the direction of the sender....but its not the sender its the senders kids and grand kids that will face the backlash.

All this could have been prevented with some sort of sincere efforts of reparations. It's too late now.
Then don't ever say it's about equality, if it's really about revenge.

Old 06-17-2020, 01:21 PM

13,555 posts, read 17,143,983 times
I think part of the frustration the OP feels is the result of a conscious narrative to prove one thing when you really have another, or possibly a few others.

I don't think "white supremacy" is nearly as big an issue as it was 60 years ago. If you look at the intelligentsia, Asians are quickly gaining as much "supremacy" due to the meritocracy as anyone, and Hispanics have made inroads.

What you have is an entrenched black underclass, and to a lesser extent Hispanic one in certain areas, and widening income inequality for ALL races. Those are the real issues. And they are difficult and complex ones.

Now, it's much easier to say "white supremacy" as opposed to "black underclass"...it's convenient to have an enemy. it's very easy to say "the police are a tool of white supremacy to keep us down". The reality is, the black community is disproportionately crime ridden, and the alternative to police is total chaos. The crime exists as part of the legacy of racism and blacks being the underclass. That's the issue. It's not the police. If there was no crime in black communities or it was proportionately lower, there would be no justification for the police to be there.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:03 AM

245 posts, read 171,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think part of the frustration the OP feels is the result of a conscious narrative to prove one thing when you really have another, or possibly a few others.

I don't think "white supremacy" is nearly as big an issue as it was 60 years ago. If you look at the intelligentsia, Asians are quickly gaining as much "supremacy" due to the meritocracy as anyone, and Hispanics have made inroads.

What you have is an entrenched black underclass, and to a lesser extent Hispanic one in certain areas, and widening income inequality for ALL races. Those are the real issues. And they are difficult and complex ones.

Now, it's much easier to say "white supremacy" as opposed to "black underclass"...it's convenient to have an enemy. it's very easy to say "the police are a tool of white supremacy to keep us down". The reality is, the black community is disproportionately crime ridden, and the alternative to police is total chaos. The crime exists as part of the legacy of racism and blacks being the underclass. That's the issue. It's not the police. If there was no crime in black communities or it was proportionately lower, there would be no justification for the police to be there.

I agree there is institutional racism. It's anti-white and anti-Asian with government-mandated stuff like Affirmative Action, diversity quotas, etc. Double and triple standards in the powerful institutions of the academia, media, big business, etc. It's official, in plain sight, often celebrated and no one cares. Anti-black institutional racism is disproved by data, imagined and it's the hot topic shoved down everyone's throat every second of the day.

P.S. No more Uncle Ben's rice and Aunt Jemima's syrup. Apparently, they too are racist. Most likely, institutionally. And no, this is not a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies