Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 07:20 AM

8,520 posts, read 3,053,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Perhaps what you are experiencing has nothing to do with the color of your skin. I am a white male and have never felt hated or oppressed due to the color of my skin. I do recognize my white privilege status, even if I am not wealthy, by such things as; I don’t fear routine interactions with law enforcement, I don’t have folks calling the cops on me if I am in a neighborhood that I do not live in after dark, or felt pressure to move because the public schools where I lived got a quarter of the funding that schools a mile away received. Just because someone is white and lower class/income, that does not erase the fact that white privilege exists. I acknowledge that privilege exists. It does not mean that I experience “ white guilt”. I have no power over the color of my skin. Still, I can choose to deny reality or acknowledge that our society continues to treat black folks and people of color as “less than” white people. As a people we can, and should, do better.
Perfect example of brainwashing.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:21 AM

2,679 posts, read 1,713,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsrightfam View Post
Well, one solution is to live in a "conservative" enclave. Which is why I mentioned enclaves. But how long before "progress" (hating whites) comes to your town or neighborhood? Can you save a few decades of your and your families life efforts by just moving now and investing your heart and mind into another country that doesn't hate you?

Let me tell you a little secret. Whites are not hated in Latin America the way they're hated here - in fact, not hated at all. Even in Mexico. Despite being a small minority. And there are other countries where whites are not hated. Hating whites is now an American and Western Europe thing.
No it’s just the same victimhood that you accuse others of.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
because you subscribe to all that bull****. I have the opposite of privilege. Affirmative action, not being able to say wrongthink in public without being cancelled, threatened, fired, etc. People are given a free license to be racist against me and so on. And it's people like you who enable this. Thanks a lot.
White guilt is a disgusting weakness. Nauseating.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
  • If you dont have a rifle, get one, preferebly two, or ten .
  • If you dont have body armor and a nice carrier, get one while you can. Bills are already being produced to make body armor illegal for civilian purchase.
  • Train Train Train. Get firearms lessons from a respected facility and practice.
  • Take a first responder course and learn how to use a tourniquet.
  • If you live in a city that is overwhelmingly progressive, its time to move.
  • The virtue signaling from businesses and people is an excellent resource to compose a list of companies to NOT do business with and people to NOT associate with. Reddit, Google, Twitter, P&G, Nike, etc...
  • Surround yourself with likeminded people and make a plan
Also learn to reload.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Man if that is bothering you then you would not have made it as a black male sorry. Women clutching purses as you walk by, white men starring you down as you try and shop in their store. Asians don’t treat you much better when in their stores.

When your black your not seen as simply “black”. Your always judged by the worst in your community. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt, you don’t get judged on your character because your prejudged before you open your mouth.

So in essence what I am saying is welcome to the club. I didn’t make the rules and so I cannot change the rules because they now effect you. i was born in this mess.

You need to tuffen up if you want to make it, if you were black I’m not sure you would have made it past your teens if the current times bother you.
If I was black I’d expect what you just mentioned due to the high rates of black violence.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:38 AM

2,679 posts, read 1,713,571 times
Quote:
there are two very different Americas. and I really don't want to be in one of them. and the one that I don't want to be in is growing like cancer and taking over. And this is even on a neighborhood by neighborhood basis. Not just state by state. Polarized and enclaved.

You can say "boohoo white guy crying about losing power!" Not really, I never had any power personally, wrong socio-economic-political class. I never oppressed anyone. Jay-Z has 1000000 more power than me by any measure. (yet he and beyonce think I owe them reparations) It's about completely different values and worldview. And second, is about race, yes, I don't want to be hated and oppressed just because I'm white but it's already here big time and getting exponentially worse.

Does it really have to go from "let's judge every person by their character and not by the color of their skin" to let's treat whites like **** and gives special treatment to non-whites? Unfortunately, the answer seems to be unequivocally, yes, yes, it does.

Listen, America will be Hispanic by just demographics in a couple generations and part of Latin America. I have no problem with that. I just don't want to be hated and treated like ****. Is that too much to ask for?
The United States will not be Latin America in a generation.

There were no laws permitting where white people could go, travel, and not be threatened with bodily harm and even killed for setting foot in places where non-whites could.

There are no laws allowing legal discrimination against white people no matter how much you believe there is.

I highly doubt you’ve ever been denied a mortgage or loan because you were a white male or lived in a neglected neighborhood because you were white and then told to suck it up and that things are the way they are because it’s your fault.

Jay-Z and Beyoncé are pop culture icons who probably have nothing to do with anyone’s personal feelings of oppression even if they think they’re asking you for reparations or are using their voices as activism.

Ironically, they are probably most likely very capitalist in mindset and drive and have the “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” ideology similar to those which you might share.

Perhaps oppression is “American as apple pie,” as they say and you’re getting your first feelings of what it’s like to be at the bottom for a change.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Who’s mistreating you? You don’t know what you have. White fragility at its best.
Why don’t you speak for him and me and others?

Old 06-17-2020, 07:50 AM

12,116 posts, read 6,651,172 times
I don’t see the American downfall that’s happening as a “racial” divide — I see it as a DEEP DEEP cultural divide.

We used to be united as a people for what America stood for. Both parties disagreed on issues, but had similar values where it really mattered — ie- respect for law and order, the importance of intact families, capitalism/free markets work, religious freedom, the need for national sovereignty and borders etc etc.

Now the left and their corrupt complicit media and academia have taken us so far left and culturally away from
what America stood for that many of us don’t even recognize our country anymore — the two cultures (left and right) are too far apart now to run a productive and healthy country....

The left is using RACIST!!! as their nuclear bomb to clear a pathway to ultimate power takeover.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:02 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,232,089 times
I think you are overreacting a bit, having said that there are some valid concerns that you’re brushing upon. I feel like the fringes of the far left are the most vocal in some of the larger media companies, and they are trying to influence the zeitgeist. Most people don’t think like the far left, I would say most people are pretty center and are skeptical about grouping people. Same goes for the far right which likes to group people as well and demonize them like the far left.

I do believe that you shouldn’t let anyone invalidate your experiences, and if they do “f&ck em, f&ck em, even if they celibate” sorry got carried away with some lyrics. People will always try to bend you to their will and mentally enslave you.

I do believe that there are a lot of white yuppies on CD and think that their experience must be a similar experience for all white people. I grew up going to minority majority schools, I would get harassed for being a white boy. I would get called cracker and all kinds of slurs, I would just smile and say “are you done”. You have to take the power away from people’s words. I didn’t associate this behavior with certain races of people, I just associated it with low class behavior in general.

Some of my family members lived in a neighborhood that experienced white flight (Capitol heights, MD), they didn’t have a car and would take metro everywhere, they experienced some problems. What they experienced though, would’ve been experienced by black people in the neighborhood as well and sometimes to a greater degree. They lived in an impoverished neighborhood, because white people with a disproportionate amount of wealth decided to leave when middle class black people were moving in.

I have been pulled over 4 times for random searches on my car. A lot of white people haven’t though. I do feel like it would’ve been worse for me had I been black in these situations. At the end of the day, I do think we need to stop putting people into these neat little boxes and start treating them like individuals and stop invalidating their experiences. I do believe that white privilege is a thing, just like there are other forms of privilege that manifest in different situations.

We just need to stop grouping in people and stop associating them with the worst offenders who happen to be in that group, full stop.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:28 AM

73,193 posts, read 63,046,186 times
Quote:
That was true. But now, it's because of disproportionate crime rates. Now it's not about "less than" but about simply protecting your ass from someone who's from a much higher-risk group. Blacks are more cautious around young black males too, I'm sure you won't disagree, you seem like a rational, honest person.
I really don't care what the crime statistics say. I'm aware of them. I'll tell you why I don't care.

1) Most of the crime committed by young Black males comes from the underclass. It's not the "average Joe" Black man doing this stuff.

2) I have the personal experience of having been assaulted by Black males AND White males.

3) I haven't met many Black people who were ever afraid of me as a young Black male. I'm cautious around individuals based on how they present themselves. Young Black male presents himself in a thuggish manner? I will perceive him as such. Young White male presents himself as some ornery, Confederate flag-loving redneck (and I grew up in an area where many persons were like this), I will perceive said person as such.

When it is you being targeted and being called the "N" word to your face, crime rates won't really matter to you. It's personal. It becomes personal when I can still get followed around in a store in spite of being dressed like I am going to a business meeting. I've been told "go back to Africa", even though no one in my family has been in Africa in the last 250 years. You talk about where a straight white guy fits in. I have to think about where I fit in. Black people, especially Black men, have struggled far worse with fitting in, and from the very beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies