Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 03:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,610,996 times

Advertisements

Of course ESPN went full racist and off the rails years ago. But over the last couple of years I had heard that they were trying to get back to their roots. Apparently in the glow of the race riots, looting, arson and the Democrat governors running cover for these criminal, anti-social mob activities, they have completely lost it again.

Quote:
ESPN Hits All-Time 41 Year Ratings Low As WokeCenter On Steroids Takes Over

On Wednesday ESPN’s studio programming, which has become MSESPN’s WokeCenter on steroids 24/7, hit a 41 year ratings low. That is, in the entire history of the network existing, it has never had lower overall studio ratings than it did this week.

The network, which has become more left wing than MSNBC and CNN combined over the past several weeks, has completely abandoned sports coverage. The result? Viewers, many of whom were willing to watch the channel even during a pandemic disaster with limited sports to consume, have abandoned it in droves. How bad was it? We’re talking full on crisis mode level awfulness.

“First Take” was the highest rated ESPN studio show all day, posting just 211,000 viewers. That was the 93rd highest rated program on all of cable. Putting those numbers into context compared to other shows airing the same day on cable: “Nick Cannon Wild and Out 15” on VH1 had 50% more viewers than ESPN’s top show. “Smuggler: Secret Stash” on National Geographic doubled First Take. Not to be outdone, “Craig of the Creek” on the Cartoon Network posted 200,000 more viewers.

Hell, even “Jay Leno’s Garage” on CNBC soundly defeated First Take. Jay. Leno’s. Garage. So did something called “Ant Anstead Master Mechanic” on a channel called Motor Trend, which I didn’t even know was a cable channel, much less a show.

{More at the link}
ESPN ratings have fallen to a 41 year low (1979). That is before cable TV had fully expanded across the country. Before MTV and Fox News first went on the air.

Some people might say this is because of "cord cutting". There is some validity to that, as I have cut the cord and no longer have cable or ESPN. I used to be a big sports fan, especially NFL football and NBA basketball, and I was a regular watcher of ESPN. Not anymore. The politicization of sports has become so offensive that it is just not worth the aggravation to me to follow it that much any more. I will not watch NFL football or ESPN, and I do not care enough about the NBA to bother.

However, let's remember that our entire society has been locked down and that unemployment is reaching generational highs. If ever a cable TV channel was going to be hand-delivered a situation that was made to order for them to capitalize on, this lockdown/economic crash has been it.

ESPN used to be a great television service and where sports fans used to go to see the best sports and sports commentary and analysis that was available. Not anymore. Now it is ESPN "Wokecenter". Another bastion of Democrat left racial agitation and racist propaganda.

These people ruin everything they touch. They really do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 03:19 PM

11,667 posts, read 11,307,008 times
Must be Trumps fault.

Old 06-14-2020, 03:21 PM

4,302 posts, read 3,238,763 times
If you want to watch politics there are other choices! I was once an avid fan of ESPN but quit watching a few years back...too much BS not related to sports!

Old 06-14-2020, 03:21 PM

20,946 posts, read 5,591,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Must be Trumps fault.

Hell, yes! Everything that's gone wrong all the way back to Creation is Trump's fault!

Old 06-14-2020, 03:24 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,154,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Of course ESPN went full racist and off the rails years ago. But over the last couple of years I had heard that they were trying to get back to their roots. Apparently in the glow of the race riots, looting, arson and the Democrat governors running cover for these criminal, anti-social mob activities, they have completely lost it again.

ESPN ratings have fallen to a 41 year low (1979). That is before cable TV had fully expanded across the country. Before MTV and Fox News first went on the air.

Some people might say this is because of "cord cutting". There is some validity to that, as I have cut the cord and no longer have cable or ESPN. I used to be a big sports fan, especially NFL football and NBA basketball, and I was a regular watcher of ESPN. Not anymore. The politicization of sports has become so offensive that it is just not worth the aggravation to me to follow it that much any more. I will not watch NFL football or ESPN, and I do not care enough about the NBA to bother.

However, let's remember that our entire society has been locked down and that unemployment is reaching generational highs. If ever a cable TV channel was going to be hand-delivered a situation that was made to order for them to capitalize on, this lockdown/economic crash has been it.

ESPN used to be a great television service and where sports fans used to go to see the best sports and sports commentary and analysis that was available. Not anymore. Now it is ESPN "Wokecenter". Another bastion of Democrat left racial agitation and racist propaganda.

These people ruin everything they touch. They really do.
ESPN is having record-low ratings? At a time when almost all sports cancelled? Who would've seen that coming...

But go on about how it's their politicking that's cratering things...

Old 06-14-2020, 03:25 PM

12,579 posts, read 8,377,171 times
Sports history and auto racing is not going to draw what their historically biggest events used to

Old 06-14-2020, 03:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,610,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Sports history and auto racing is not going to draw what their historically biggest events used to
Neither will their talk shows focused on the promotion of an incendiary racial political agenda either, apparently.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:10 PM

5,335 posts, read 6,142,446 times
I mean no sports for three months might have everything to do with it but run with your narrative

Old 06-14-2020, 04:15 PM

13,732 posts, read 9,111,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
ESPN is having record-low ratings? At a time when almost all sports cancelled? Who would've seen that coming...

But go on about how it's their politicking that's cratering things...

That was my thought. What sports are being shown? I think I saw where they had some arm wrestling, and also some South Korean baseball. Mainly repeats, plus some 10 part show about Michael Jordan.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:35 PM

10,277 posts, read 14,735,860 times
My nephew, who is a huge sports fan, was just talking to me about this today.

He said he has completely stopped watching ESPN, because they are so politically charged.

They need to get back to the sports. A total shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies