Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 10:03 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

In case it wasn't mentioned - ESPN started up in 1979. So this is basically all time lows since their birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I mean no sports for three months might have everything to do with it but run with your narrative
They have decades of material to rerun that could have kept some interest.

It's stunning to watch these sports groups turn their backs on what they do to make money... turn their backs on the country that supported them and enriched them. How can you not be grateful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 05:56 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
ESPN is having record-low ratings? At a time when almost all sports cancelled? Who would've seen that coming...

But go on about how it's their politicking that's cratering things...
I loathe all the SJW stupidity going on but I will say you came up with a far more likely scenario for the majority of the drop.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:16 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In case it wasn't mentioned - ESPN started up in 1979. So this is basically all time lows since their birth.

They have decades of material to rerun that could have kept some interest.

It's stunning to watch these sports groups turn their backs on what they do to make money... turn their backs on the country that supported them and enriched them. How can you not be grateful?
When ESPN started up they were the only full-time sports network. Over the years others have cut into the pie, however ESPN is still by far the #1 sports network and always will be.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:19 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
ESPN is owned by far left, woke Disney who also owns ABC. That's all you need to know.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:29 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
The whole WOKE thing is ridiculous but the pandemic crap has made a mockery of sports and sports fans have given up on this season. Why watch ESPN when there's no reason to watch it?

Old 08-06-2020, 06:30 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I loathe all the SJW stupidity going on but I will say you came up with a far more likely scenario for the majority of the drop.
This.

I am no longer watching ESPN, but that was before covid killed sports and they decided to go #supah_woke, and was based on their pitiful coverage of international soccer and the NHL, both of which live in NBC's house (in 'Murica). I get my MLB via local because I only care about the Indians anyway, and I always prefer local sports personalities over national people regardless. The end of Golic on ESPN in the morning got rid of the last reason I had to listen to/watch ESPN.

But it's not just the #woke thing, which is super annoying. The scamdemic killed the entire sporting world. Killed it damn near dead. If your channel is 24/7 coverage of something, and that something dies, well yeah, your ratings are going down because what reason does anyone really have to watch your channel? Now, add in being freaking annoying as hell with the SJW/BLM/xpaladocious/whatever crap, and you just ensure anyone who might have been left really doesn't want to watch.

But the dead sports world is the main blame here.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:56 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,049,434 times
I bump this thread by mentionning then ESPN did some layoffs to do new acquisitions, what the.....?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wl1CckS_W4

Old 11-05-2020, 05:59 PM

853 posts, read 336,938 times
This might have something to do with the fact that more and more people are getting rid of cable.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:14 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
This might have something to do with the fact that more and more people are getting rid of cable.
Even Clay Travis who loathes ESPN will admit to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies