Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 09:57 PM

6,477 posts, read 7,060,707 times

Advertisements

Not a Dem voter here, but I think Klobuchar stood out the most. Biden sounded and looked coherent 75% of the time which is a vast improvement from his previous performances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 10:05 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,360,554 times
According to the breitbart poll, who obviously knows how to pick winners, Yang dominated and there wasn’t even a close second. I’ve been saying for months that Yang is the only candidate you have that could possibly beat trump and may even win over some trump voters in the process. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party doesn’t listen and will end up running someone like Biden, giving trump an easy win.

At this point, you guys really need Hillary to run.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:20 PM

8,974 posts, read 10,341,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
According to the breitbart poll, who obviously knows how to pick winners, Yang dominated and there wasn’t even a close second. I’ve been saying for months that Yang is the only candidate you have that could possibly beat trump and may even win over some trump voters in the process. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party doesn’t listen and will end up running someone like Biden, giving trump an easy win.

At this point, you guys really need Hillary to run.
I just can’t get over the $1000 a month thing. For many people, that’s a drug stipend. And will buy a hell of a lot of drugs.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:20 PM

4,352 posts, read 5,840,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I thought Biden was mimicing the kid who said to him (stuttering): I I I I I I I can can can cant tttttalk.

That's the way I took it.

I didn't think Joe himself was stuttering.

ETA: Joe basically confirmed it on twitter - that he was talking about a kid having a stuttering problem. I'm not sure it was a good tactic to mimic the poor kid anyway.

The sad part is this is not what people are seeing or don't want to see. People are collectively losing their minds over it.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:32 PM

10,274 posts, read 14,746,440 times
I watched most of it tonight, and thought Klobuchar did really well.

Everyone else on the stage was adequate, but Buttigieg did seem to get a bit more rattled in this debate than I've seen him. But he did pretty well.

Biden was more focused, and Sanders seemed a bit kooky, as usual. Warren seems to have lost her moment and is slightly fading.

I wanted to hear what Bloomberg had to say. A shame he didn't qualify.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:34 PM

10,274 posts, read 14,746,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yang makes more sense than most of them, but that $1000 a month for drug money idea is a non-starter.
Yeah. Not only is it ridiculous, it's expensive. Someone's taxes are going up--and it's not the rich or the poor. LOL

Old 12-20-2019, 12:12 AM

3,975 posts, read 1,889,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Well I know he had a stuttering problem in the past but like you said whether he was actually stuttering himself is irrelevant. It was a nasty thing for her to say.
Agree with you, just so disrespectful.

The debate was a disappointment all together. Too many idiotic questions. Some questions aren't relevant at all. Illegals getting paid? What about our homeless? Who are already U.S. citizens....Transgender murders? How about Chicago murders. Talk about that. Reparations for African American descendants? What?

I like Bernie but he went too far left. Yang is okay, but president? None if them seem to motivate the democrat base like Obama did. Not impressed.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:24 AM

4,513 posts, read 3,995,135 times
I watched the entire debate and, as a Republican, I really enjoyed it. So happy to hear all the crazy ideas that we are NOT going to have to survive after Trump wins.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:43 AM

6,477 posts, read 7,060,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I just can’t get over the $1000 a month thing. For many people, that’s a drug stipend. And will buy a hell of a lot of drugs.
He comes off as one of the sane Dem candidates--he's less hostile and less belligerent. He doesn't read from that "impeach at any cost, anything but Trump no matter what" script that's become ridiculously tired.

The 1k per person is the turning point imo, but when I really think about it, he comes off pretty meek and doesn't exude "power"in his approach to the issues.

If we lived in a world where the world leaders were "nice guys", he'd fit right in. But I just can't see Yang being our chief foreign negotiator going up against the likes of the Taliban mullahs, The Ayatollah, KimJung Un, Xi Jinping etc etc...he just seems like a pushover.

Old 12-20-2019, 04:53 AM

41,023 posts, read 49,671,604 times
The top 3 Candidates - Biden, Bernie and Warren were also the bottom 3 in the debate.

Bidens says stupid chit that he always regrets and must be explained later.
Bernie needs to go back to screaming at trees.
Warren is just unlikable. Hillary 2.0.

They all will destroy this great economy and want your paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies