Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2019, 04:08 PM

34,618 posts, read 21,839,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Fair enough. It was a 911 operator. Doesn't change the fact that he had no reason to follow him.

They couldn't prove beyond a shadow of doubt that OJ was guilty, does that mean he wasn't?

Who cares what I toss out there? He was an unarmed child/kid/teenager/man, whatever you call him, the point is that Zimmerman was obviously the instigator and whatever the incident is that he started ended with an innocent person dead, and Zimmerman a POS with several charges of abuse on his record (including threatening his girlfiend with a gun and barricading himself in a house until police had to break in and arrest him, a rap sheet that includes assaulting an officer, is a free man.
He had a reason to follow him.

You just don't know anything about this case.

There were multiple burglaries in the neighborhood, but everytime the cops eventually arrived, the perps were gone and the cops would say unless they knew where they went, there was nothing they could do.

Zimmerman called the cops and was legally allowed to watch Trayvon while awaiting their arrival.

Trayvon attacking Zimmerman was not legal.

Zimmerman, as proven in court, is allowed to use deadly force while a thug is trying to beat his head against the ground.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:11 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,938,915 times
Zimmerman got a lot of hate for self defense
It could have been me
Trevor was a violent criminal
Many such people are given martyr status
The sky is crying

Old 12-04-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Zimmerman got a lot of hate for self defense
It could have been me
Trevor was a violent criminal
Many such people are given martyrdom status
The sky is crying
Zimmerman just isn't a likable person and appears to be an a-hole.

Even a-holes are allowed to defend themselves.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:15 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,984,529 times
IMO
  • Zimmerman should leave the Martin family alone.
  • Zimmerman should absolutely go after the crooked media and hit them for every $$$ he can get out of him. They unfairly tried the man in the press. I hope he prevails.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:23 PM

30,936 posts, read 18,739,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Should be thrown out. If not I hope the family countersues for the same amount.
Interestingly enough, George Zimmerman can apply for immunity from suit by the Martin family against him in light of his exoneration at trial based on FL's stand your ground law.

Moving along, part of me has a problem with Zimmerman (and I supported him at trial and still think its a travesty that there was even a trial based on the available evidence) bringing such a case, if only because it will reopen wounds for the family of Trayvon Martin. But then I'm also reminded that George Zimmerman had his reputation ruined by a rabid mob out for racial "justice," despite the overwhelming evidence that he acted in self defense. He can never live a normal life again. Thus, if the allegations in his complain are sound, I'd reluctantly have to support the lawsuit.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:27 PM

18,613 posts, read 7,524,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Interestingly enough, George Zimmerman can apply for immunity from suit by the Martin family against him in light of his exoneration at trial based on FL's stand your ground law.

Moving along, part of me has a problem with Zimmerman (and I supported him at trial and still think its a travesty that there was even a trial based on the available evidence) bringing such a case, if only because it will reopen wounds for the family of Trayvon Martin.
It's not re-opening any wounds. They're out there making movies about it, which is the whole reason for the lawsuit. New lies, and a new source of money for the Martin family and for Zimmerman if he wins a lawsuit.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:32 PM

20,512 posts, read 9,398,500 times
sounds like the Hispanic guy Zimmerman may have a case.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:34 PM

8,985 posts, read 2,616,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Zimmerman had every right to watch him until the police arrived.

Now, tell again how tough you are on that keyboard.
You misunderstand killer, I wasn't suggesting that I was tough, I was pointing out just how pathetic Zimmerman was/is.

Also, just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:41 PM

19,332 posts, read 17,368,065 times
Zimmerman is a moron who brought the problem on himself, in most states he would have been found guilty of murder. To sue the family is without merit and purely vindictive.

Old 12-04-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
You misunderstand killer, I wasn't suggesting that I was tough, I was pointing out just how pathetic Zimmerman was/is.

Also, just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.
I'm perfectly aware you view yourself as quite the keyboard warrior.

If you're talking about trying to reduce crime in the neighborhood by watching suspicious activity and calling the cops, that sure as hell is the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies