Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 05:21 PM

17,860 posts, read 13,669,701 times

Advertisements

https://www.prageru.com/video/why-do...upport-israel/

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

Old 05-14-2019, 05:29 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
The United States gave $38 BILLION to Israel, almost 4 Billion a year, and Israel's response? They want more. So Trump added another 200 million to Israel in his budget. It's never enough. At the same time, Trump has ended any and all foreign aid to Palestinians. Zero.

There is no middle ground, it's completely one-sided, billions and billions and billions to Israel with millions in increases on top of the billions, and absolutely zero to Palestinians. Do I hate Israel? No, I have no strong opinions about Israel either way. But the way the U.S. is treating Israel is so insanely one-sided, that I would not be surprised if this all turns out badly.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1GB2NQ

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrae...-200m-in-2019/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47095082

The U.S. doesn't just support Israel. It feels like the U.S. literally supports Israel.

Last edited by Seacove; 05-14-2019 at 05:38 PM..

Old 05-14-2019, 05:35 PM

12,715 posts, read 7,876,879 times
I support Israel. However, I don't believe Jesus is returning to Jerusalem and I don't believe that the U.S. has any business in whether the temple mount has the Dome of the Rock or a Third Jewish Temple. Predictions and interpretations of the Book of Revelation have no place in our foreign policy. Treat Israel like any other ally. Many evangelical conservatives are more loyal to Israel than the U.S. sometimes.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:36 PM

763 posts, read 383,823 times
I didn’t read your link, but I don’t support them because it’s a raw deal for us. Supporting them creates more enemies of the US in the Middle East. If they want to poke the bear and keep expanding into Palestianian territory, let them defend themselves.

Hamas is bad too. They’re both bad apples, and we should just stay out of it. No reason that we need to get involved.

I can’t think of any other allies that stir the pot more than Israel.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:05 PM

21,422 posts, read 7,520,927 times
Why Don't You Support Israel?

Unfortunately, Israel has behaved in a criminal manner for decades.

It is clear the dominant faction of Israeli's have a 'manifest destiny' type of vision for the country. They want to expand.

Unfortunately for Israeli plans, there are a lot of non-Jews living in places the state of Israel would like to annex, so they can't just absorb those places with their populations.

Why? Because then the democracy of Israel could eventually become a majority non-Jewish nation. These Christians and Muslims could vote in a government more agreeable to themselves. So in the future the state of Israel has a stark choice:
-1- abandon it's expansion plans
-2- abandon democracy, or
-3- get rid of these pesky non-Jews

The non-Jewish Semites have to be made so miserable that they will seek to emigrate. If that does not work, they will probably go with option #2 and abandon democracy, taking the vote away from parts of their own population. This has already been advocated by some Israeli politicians.

I have met a few Orthodox Christian Palestinians here in my state who came to escape the discrimination and the abuses. It's not just the Muslims who are angry about what the state of Israel has been up to, the Christians are angry too. Israel creates it's own enemies.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The United States gave $38 BILLION to Israel, almost 4 Billion a year, and Israel's response? They want more. So Trump added another 200 million to Israel in his budget. It's never enough. At the same time, Trump has ended any and all foreign aid to Palestinians. Zero.

There is no middle ground, it's completely one-sided, billions and billions and billions to Israel with millions in increases on top of the billions, and absolutely zero to Palestinians. Do I hate Israel? No, I have no strong opinions about Israel either way. But the way the U.S. is treating Israel is so insanely one-sided, that I would not be surprised if this all turns out badly.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1GB2NQ

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrae...-200m-in-2019/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47095082

The U.S. doesn't just support Israel. It feels like the U.S. literally supports Israel.
Maybe, if Hamas stopped sending rockets into Israel, the US would send aid. The majority of adi that we send is military support.

Israel is the ONLY country in the region that supports the US

Old 05-14-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
I didn’t read your link, but I don’t support them because it’s a raw deal for us. Supporting them creates more enemies of the US in the Middle East. If they want to poke the bear and keep expanding into Palestianian territory, let them defend themselves.

Hamas is bad too. They’re both bad apples, and we should just stay out of it. No reason that we need to get involved.

I can’t think of any other allies that stir the pot more than Israel.
It doesn't matter whether, or not, the US aids Israel, the rest of the Middle East would still hate us, and Israel!

Old 05-14-2019, 06:11 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Maybe, if Hamas stopped sending rockets into Israel, the US would send aid. The majority of adi that we send is military support.

Israel is the ONLY country in the region that supports the US
Supports the U.S.? We send Israel tens of billions of dollars. We buy that support at top dollar. And they have universal healthcare while we do not.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:18 PM

8,441 posts, read 4,437,168 times
I appreciate jews got a raw deal, to put it mildly. I'm not so sure I appreciate why the U.S. has to be the teet they suckle from for all eternity.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:19 PM

151 posts, read 89,390 times
I didn't check your link, but for the record, I do support Israel, completely and without reservation. If Hamas puts down their weapon, the war will stop. If Israel puts down hers, then Israel will be no more.

I don't always appreciate some of the politics, but Israel has a right to exist, unquestionably and is the heart and soul of the Jewish people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.