Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 04:24 AM

16,157 posts, read 6,899,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Israel gets more support than US citizens in Puerto Rico after a devastating hurricane.

Fact.

You are either for the U.S. or against the U.S.
Assimilate or disintegrate........................

Old 05-15-2019, 06:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,480,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I've always argued the CAP on FICA contributions should be abolished
I agree.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:12 AM

45,261 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I've always argued the CAP on FICA contributions should be abolished
I've realized for a long time that taxes are theft and many will call for more and more of it to fund schemes that personally benefit them

Old 05-15-2019, 06:23 AM

30,538 posts, read 19,279,359 times
I think creation of Israel was likely a mistake but I don't think abandoning Israel now would be the proper correction of that mistake. We have paid a high price for supporting Israel but the Arab Muslim nations surrounding Israel will never be our friends, best we can hope for is good trading relations and peace.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:28 AM

30,210 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

I don't think we should be supporting any other country financially or militarily. Its not in our best interest. On top of that Israel treats the Palestinians horribly. Anyone who does not have their head buried in the sand can see that.

I don't support Israel just like I don't support any foreign power.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think creation of Israel was likely a mistake but I don't think abandoning Israel now would be the proper correction of that mistake. We have paid a high price for supporting Israel but the Arab Muslim nations surrounding Israel will never be our friends, best we can hope for is good trading relations and peace.
They were ALL your friends before 1948. Good friends too. Reliable and trustworthy friends that openly admired you.

Your nation betrayed that friendship.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,797,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They were ALL your friends before 1948. Good friends too. Reliable and trustworthy friends that openly admired you.

Your nation betrayed that friendship.
The Arabs were friends with the British and not the US since the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:41 AM

30,538 posts, read 19,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The Arabs were friends with the British and not the US since the fall of the Ottoman Empire.
I lived and worked in several Arab nations and I believe you did as well and I don't see a scenario where we are or ever were true friends with any of the Arab nations but we can have good trading relations and areas of mutual benefit we can support.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,704,413 times
Hard to imagine why a tiny place of 7 million with hordes or billionaires and atomic weapons is "our most critical ally".

When things like that are printed, I stop reading and watching.

They are far from our most important or critical ally. But I guess if they want American youth to die for them and our taxpayers to give more money (even tho they have a massive number of billionaires as citizens).....that's a good line.

You'd think some billionaires could just each pledge a couple 100 million a year....if they need more war, hire some mercenaries...plenty to be found.

It will be a sad day when multitudes of American youth die for Israel. Some would say it has already happened (Iraq)......

Old 05-15-2019, 11:34 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,763,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
When first thing I read when I go to your link is, "The Rational Bible: Genesis is now available," I think to myself what can anyone learn here they don't already know? Title of your thread also reads like another propaganda hook as well, but that's okay. We all know who will bite, who won't and why...

Problem for me anyway is the answer given in your link, but rather than waste time getting into those particulars, the real question is why we support any country in the first place? Right? Assume the criteria presented in your link is all anyone need consider, and so too our attention is diverted only to that criteria, but what of the rest? What should the criteria for support actually be?

For what reason(s) should we support any other country and/or America for that matter? And/or when and why should we not be critical when there is legitimate reason to be critical? Why should we support anyone or anything carte blanche? Even our own country when obviously even our own country can be in the wrong sometimes if not all too often?

My point is that we should be on the side of right and against wrong-doing whether we're talking about our own country, another country -- anything or anyone -- regardless whether they "butter our bread" or "line our pockets." If we don't think in these terms, in terms of a moral compass, what then? Money?

Right. There's Saudi Arabia too. So much for the moral compass approach. Yes, kinda makes you think indeed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies