Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2019, 11:21 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,504,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My grandpa was around 23 when he came back from Korea in WW2, he married my grandma, who was 14 at the time. NO ONE thought anything wrong with their relationship.

In fact, they had 4 kids, went on to be married for 60+ yrs, they were honored by the city once and were very well respected people.
If Epstein has been with a 14 year old who wanted him that would be one thing. Even though still illegal, that doesn’t even come close to his actual crimes, stealing young girls from foreign countries and basically turning them into sex slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,549,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
If Epstein has been with a 14 year old who wanted him that would be one thing. Even though still illegal, that doesn’t even come close to his actual crimes, stealing young girls from foreign countries and basically turning them into sex slaves.
This, really.

It's one thing to be dating teenagers and society currently frowns on such things from men old enough to be their fathers.

It's another entirely to be grooming them to be sex slaves.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:27 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,549,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I am pretty good at understanding this stuff.

So a 12 year old walks past and grabs your cell phone and runs...

And a 12 year old walks past and says she will *********r balls off for $100.

the first kid is criminal but if I accept the second kids offer I am criminal?

Exactly how does that work?
Because you took an offer for something illegal, you're a criminal.

If she assaulted you and you were unable to stop her from doing whatever to your whatever, then you would not be a criminal... she would.

If she was sold into prostitution and didn't really have any choice but to offer you sex and you took it? You're a criminal.

So, no... you're not "pretty good at understanding this stuff."

Not at all.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:59 PM

23,855 posts, read 13,934,737 times
Found this recent story on another thread - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icking-n910516

Compare what this guy got with what Acosta gave to Epstein.

Ask yourself why.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:36 AM

37,225 posts, read 42,559,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Found this recent story on another thread - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icking-n910516

Ask yourself why.
I asked myself then went looking and see a bunch of stuff about Acosta being told to back off by people with more power than him.

Now, if that's true, ask yourself why.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 AM

21,092 posts, read 8,886,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/tru..._notifications

Trump and Jeffrey Epstein were the only two guests at a party with 28 women flown in for the ‘entertainment’: NYT report
Nothing wrong with a private party. However, Trump was not a big party guy. He'd go to Studio 54 and network for business and to be seen, but didn't drink,smoke or do drugs. He liked beautiful women and all the top models of the day were there. People called him 'the boring guy.' You can bet he was watching and taking it all in. He knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak. That's why the elites hate him for becoming a politician. He and Epstein had a falling out when Trump banned him from Mar a Lago for harassing young daughters of guests.

Reminds me of the private parties Bill Clinton attended at Epstein's Florida estate where he was the only guest along with many young, beautiful teen girls. The neighbors complained about the noise and their street being blocked off by Secret Service.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:57 AM

21,092 posts, read 8,886,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Ask yourself why.

You can ask yourself why the Clintons aren't in jail. Two tier justice system. One for them and one for us.

We'll have to wait and see what Acosta says. From what I've read he got the case toward the end and Epstein had agreed to turn against some bigwig financiers in another case in exchange for a lighter sentence. Perhaps some politically connected elites like Bill Clinton strong armed Acosta. Look what happened in the Jessie Smollett case, for example. Friends in high places.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:10 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,721,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
It's safe to say he wasn't taking them down to the soda fountain for sundaes and then returning them home with merely a peck on the cheek. The rumor is that he rationalized deflowering underage girls because only a grown man could guide them into adulthood in that area.

Don't even get started on Elvis. What was with the underage girls he kept on tour with him and what was up with making sure that he personally auditioned teens who appeared in his movies? And what's with his widow saying that he lost all interest in her once she became pregnant?

And as long as I'm piling on, he didn't even rise to the bottom of Buddy Holly's or Chuck Berry's shoes. Chuck was another one with the same problem as Mr. Heartbreak Hotel.
Yes, many older males marry much younger women, there having been such a focus upon female youthfulness (which gets into other societal influences). It is a thing for some seeking relationships and a bit sickening (there being a double-standard for women attracted to younger men). However, this is still different from the case of men focused upon young girls and having an endless parade of sexual conquests, combined with criminal behavior, which is abominable.

I can't help but question (again), what is wrong with some men and how do they become this way? I think that they do not fully develop as naturally as other men and something becomes off-kilter, yet sexual deviation appears all too commonplace. Those experiencing "sex addiction" for instance, are escaping, does not involve intimacy and are still unfulfilled, so it continues.

Anyway, before being told we are getting "off topic", I will end there, but wanted to respond.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 07-10-2019 at 01:48 AM..

Old 07-10-2019, 01:12 AM

23,855 posts, read 13,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I asked myself then went looking and see a bunch of stuff about Acosta being told to back off by people with more power than him.

Now, if that's true, ask yourself why.
I am asking myself, and in fact I look forward to learning exactly who those people are. Acosta was shielding someone or several someones. There are a plethora of possibilities, as nearly as I can tell. I want to narrow it down to something more specific than "them".

Old 07-10-2019, 01:39 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,721,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You can ask yourself why the Clintons aren't in jail. Two tier justice system. One for them and one for us.

We'll have to wait and see what Acosta says. From what I've read he got the case toward the end and Epstein had agreed to turn against some bigwig financiers in another case in exchange for a lighter sentence. Perhaps some politically connected elites like Bill Clinton strong armed Acosta. Look what happened in the Jessie Smollett case, for example. Friends in high places.
I think the Clintons should be left out if it (which is why I had attempted creating a different thread to focus on Epstein and Trump, which ended up being merged into this thread, instead).

Some are so destined to hate on the Clintons, they may say anything. Some may not like them, but I don't feel either falls into the category / topic under discussion. I don't care if Bill had an old affair or been on Epstein's plane, I would need to know facts relating to involvement in these instances. So, wait.

It is different having to do with Epstein and Trump, both having had a known record of lewd and despicable behavior, which is being examined, currently.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 07-10-2019 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: Typo, change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies