Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 PM

11,403 posts, read 4,135,687 times

Advertisements

FOX News Laura Ingraham:

"Donald Trump did not come out on top of this shutdown situation, I'm not even going to spin it."

WOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 08:52 PM

447 posts, read 211,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Yeah, instead of being a Dictator as he wants, he's just a Dick.
blink and you'll hopefully miss it.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:53 PM

8,534 posts, read 3,424,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You may find the following link interesting if you are even able to read it with an open mind:

https://cis.org/Feere/Media-Mislead-...ut-Border-Wall

Excerpts from the link:

Specifically, Pew asks: "All in all, would you favor or oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico?" According to Pew, 61 percent of Americans oppose building a wall along the entire border with Mexico.

then this:

A more accurate headline would be: "Americans Don't Support a Wall Across the Entire Southern Border and Still May Support Trump's 1,000-Mile Wall, but We Just Don't Know Because Pew Didn't Ask

--------------------------------------

I've never seen anyone in all these various "wall' threads say that they want a continuous wall from San Diego to Brownsville. Those of us who want a wall recognize the fact that there are areas along the border that are impossible to navigate. Thus, no wall will be needed there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
There seems to me to be confusion on the length and height of “the (proposed) wall”, but since I have never seen the complete proposal that Trump is working from, I don’t really know what he or anyone else is talking about, so I don’t get too hung up on it. Although Trump often has said he intends to build a wall that will keep all illegals approaching from the ground on the south out, and it seems to me that would have to be a pretty comprehensive undertaking.

Do you have a copy of exactly what Trump means by a wall? Because that would certainly clear up a lot of things. For both Pew and the rest of us.

Also, I note that the article you cite is over 2 years old. It is not a good estimate of how people feel about the wall now regardless.
As of January 16, 2019, even the CPB does not seem to know. Or at least could not say. At a press conference:

They refused to answer how much more of the US’s 2,000-mile border with Mexico should be walled, referring the question to the White House. “We don’t speak for the president,” said one, when pressed on whether CBP agrees with Trump’s reasons for the $5.7 billion demand for border security. The White House has “been out in front in terms of how they define the crisis,” said another.
https://qz.com/1525881/customs-and-b...-boring-truth/

Where is the plan? How does Trump expect to negotiate with the House over a wall if he has no firm proposal?

Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,162,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The only voters Pelosi needs to be popular with are the folks in her district. Trump, on the other hand...
You do realize Trump is going to get re-elected, don't you?

Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,184,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
FOX News Laura Ingraham:

"Donald Trump did not come out on top of this shutdown situation, I'm not even going to spin it."

WOW.
Another Trump supporter reads the handwriting on the wall (so to speak).

Old 01-25-2019, 08:55 PM

447 posts, read 211,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ha! The Trump dog is still being a little beeyotch.

Last edited by BobbyBratty; 01-25-2019 at 09:52 PM..

Old 01-25-2019, 08:56 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,338,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's a little secret for ya...If you had chosen to attend Trump University, Trump the grifter and thief would have ripped you off so fast and happily that your head would have spun like top. That's how much he gives a damn about you and the rest of his sycophantic base.
How anyone can look at Individual 1’s history of conning people and say, “Hey! That’s the guy I want to be the leader of the free world!”?

Old 01-25-2019, 08:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,550,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You do realize Trump is going to get re-elected, don't you?
You do realize Trump is not going to be re-elected, don't you?

Old 01-25-2019, 09:01 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,945,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
You do realize Trump is not going to be re-elected, don't you?
Didn't you say that during the 2016 election?

Old 01-25-2019, 09:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,550,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Didn't you say that during the 2016 election?
No!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies