Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:11 PM

22,583 posts, read 12,153,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This is a lie.

800,000 Americans have worked for over a month without a paycheck. This is no way to run a government.

There is no "border crisis" this month, just as there was none last month, or the month before. The numbers have been going down for the last decade or better.

There are a lot more effective and cost-efficient ways to deal with the problem than borrowing billions from China to build Trump's medieval wall.
No, it's not "a lie"

The numbers have been going down? No, they have not. We have yet another caravan heading this way.

This doesn't change the fact that democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. And they behaved this way well before the shutdown.

At one time democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce all due to illegal immigration. And they would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty. There was a time when I knew democrats wouldn't tolerate their constituents being exploited. You could count on dems to stand up for their constituents. Somewhere along the line, dems did a 180. Now they fight tooth and nail for illegal aliens. The heck with Americans. I'm sure they're laughing themselves sick over how they duped so many into believing they still care about Americans.

All that said, neither party is looking out for Americans these days. However, at one time I expected much, much better from the dems and they didn't let me down. It's a real shame that they lost their way.

There is nothing "medieval" about a wall. If walls are "medieval", then why do Americans build them around their properties? Or why do they put tall fences around their properties? Since you don't know the answer to that one, I'll tell you --- they do it because fences and walls are good deterrents. Are they 100% effective? Of course not. Anyone who is bound and determined to breach a wall or fence, will find a way. However, fences and walls do deter the majority.

The BP wants border barriers. Why do you think you know better than the BP when it comes to this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 04:12 PM

25,446 posts, read 9,900,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
What exactly did the Democrats get?
Everybody got an opened government which needed to happen. People were getting desperate and it was just a matter of time that there would have been an air disaster with air traffic controllers losing sleep.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:12 PM

22,583 posts, read 12,153,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Republicans want everyone (citizen or otherwise) but billionaires to be slaves or starve to death, if their actions also speak.
So do democrats. Don't pretend otherwise.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,461,435 times
OP, it also explains why he hasn't made up a horrible nickname for her. He knows she will unleash the subpoenas.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:15 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,038,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah, she did. And she's a damn sight smarter than Trump at her job. If Nancy's too old - then Mitch is too old.

I'll agree that they BOTH should either retire or step down in 2020.
No she didn’t lol.

What exactly did she win?

Old 01-25-2019, 04:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,201,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It would be nothing but a political stunt so the talking heads can drone on about things they and the public have no understanding of.

That is none of my business and neither is it yours.

He has been audited numerous times, unless you have evidence of something illegal what is in those returns is his business. He should expect the same privacy everyone else does.
Obama and every POTUS before him since the 1970's has done so why should Cadet Bone Spurs the birhter leader extraordinaire be any different. Because he's a thief and owned by a foreign adversary maybe? This grifter trolled Obama for his birth certificate which isn't standard protocol for a POTUS to provide so Trump the thief gets no free pass.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:18 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,689,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You would suggest that weaponizing private information that has been audited by the IRS numerous times is acceptable?
Didn’t Trump ask Russia to hack into and release Hillary’s emails? I love witnessing utter hypocrisy.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,280,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So much for Trump being a master negotiator. Maybe he should reread Art of the Deal, because Trump got WORKED by Democrats

Bwahahahaha
He actually negotiated less for himself than was originally offered by Pelosi. Her original offer included $1.3 Billion. Now he gets nothing but an opening to start again.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,201,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Didn’t Trump ask Russia to hack into and release Hillary’s emails? I love witnessing utter hypocrisy.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:22 PM

1,733 posts, read 954,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Shrug.

I doubt that anyone besides Trumpistas take the idea of a national emergency declaration very seriously.

He backed off of the shutdown because of his falling popularity ratings and R dissension in Congress.

Do you really think that his ratings would be improved if he declared a national emergency? Please explain.

His ratings won't be negatively affected since no one will go without pay.

The democrats will be affected if they refuse to negotiate and end up losing help for DACA recipients, etc. They really have overplayed their hand this time around because now they can't complain that 800,000 people are not getting paid.

And of course, Pelosi showed 0 compassion for the families of those killed by illegals or the danger drug cartels pose for those of us who live on, or near the border. Hell, she didn't have enough class to attend Officer Singh's funeral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies