Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 01:59 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,708,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Illegals come here because GOP business owners hire them by the millions to undercut American workers.
The fact is that you don't have anything to tell me about the border.

I live here within an hour's walking distance and have for decades.

Here's a little reality check:

Wealthy powerful individuals and corporations benefit greatly from having millions of sub minimum wage illegals in the workforce to hold down wages and benefits for the US workforce. And that's why it continues.

Illegal immigration = corporate welfare

Time to look for what's really going on instead of what hate radio jocks feed you.

This nonsense has gone on for years over the border and this has nothing to do with RUSH I have my own thoughts on BORDERS of which BORDERS of all nations since the being of F-ing time have had. The mexicans think texas and cali are still theirs from the 1880's and busy just going about their business back and forth in America and come here for the American benefits. You and I both know it. Now as far a wealthy business owners hiring people WE ALL KNOW what they have been doing and lobbying congress.

Its time to put a end to this and I am pretty sure most of America is ready to clean up the border.

The Reason people from Canada dont come to America is because for the most part they don't have the issues that south America has and stay in their own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 02:03 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,117,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But Trump said he would proudly own it. So let him. Dems and Reps passed a bill several weeks before the shutdown that Trump was supposed to sign but didn't. It's on him. He's the one who walked away.
To be fair both times the bills never got to him. The Senate bill never got a up-down vote under the old House. The new Senate never did an up-down vote on the bill after the new House passed it. Both happened because he wouldn't sign it...

Old 01-21-2019, 02:04 PM

22,624 posts, read 12,225,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
But Trump said he would proudly own it. So let him. Dems and Reps passed a bill several weeks before the shutdown that Trump was supposed to sign but didn't. It's on him. He's the one who walked away.
It still takes two to tango. Thus Pelosi and Schumer aren't blameless, much as you would like to think that.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:40 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
To be fair both times the bills never got to him. The Senate bill never got a up-down vote under the old House. The new Senate never did an up-down vote on the bill after the new House passed it. Both happened because he wouldn't sign it...
McConnell would never have even brought the bill had he thought Trump would veto it. All indications were that he was on board.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It still takes two to tango. Thus Pelosi and Schumer aren't blameless, much as you would like to think that.
No, they are not blameless. If it were up to me, everybody in Congress including Pelosi and Schumer would not get a paycheck until this thing is resolved. However, I think how close we came to an agreement until Trump listened to Coulter, Limbaugh and company. Bringing that third party in really mucked things up good. Trump himself told Schumer he would proudly own the shutdown.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:51 PM

3,404 posts, read 2,777,796 times
I like the idea of Congress not getting a paycheck, slide them into the group with the rest of the furloughed federal employees.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:55 PM

989 posts, read 462,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I like the idea of Congress not getting a paycheck, slide them into the group with the rest of the furloughed federal employees.
Many of them wouldn't care. A good percentage of them are very wealthy. Newcomers like Ocasio-Cortez would probably die.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,834,495 times
Not sure I understand why this thread was started. #45 should stop this shutdown he STARTED!

Old 01-21-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Many of them wouldn't care. A good percentage of them are very wealthy. Newcomers like Ocasio-Cortez would probably die.
Oh, I think they'd care. If there is anything people with money consider a priority it's getting mo' money.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:02 PM

12,561 posts, read 8,358,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Not a chance their disciples would support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies