Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:41 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,874,477 times

Advertisements

It sounds to me like Susan Collins is laying out the fact that she has to base her vote on the facts she has according to the rules/laws which is the very thing the left wants from conservative judges/justices.

The left can't have it both ways.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:42 PM

13,309 posts, read 8,578,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Tomorrow 10/6/2018 I expect the Senate to confirm Kavanaugh as the next Supreme Court judge.

The most obvious result will be the overturn of Roe v. Wade. So if you are a single woman be sure to take down Vinnie's plate.

The unions can expect challenges to collective bargaining laws to be decided in a companies favor. Right to work laws will spread as lawsuits challenge established labor laws. Equal pay for women will go into the trash heap.

Civil rights laws may be overturned or limited.

The ability of a same sex spouse to be covered under a health plan may be discontinued as gay marriage becomes unlawful.

Obamacare may be nullified by the court. Preexisting conditions will no longer be covered.

Overtime pay will go away if the Fair Labor Standards Act comes under judicial review.

While religious right will be calling some of the shots, you can follow the money for the rest.
Not sure where you purchased your crystal ball from...hsn or Ronco. ..but you may want to get a refund. The sky is not falling and henny penny has been found fabricating under oath...ohh I mean Ford.

Okay wait...this just in...apparently if you do live in a foggy area...it can be classified as the sky falling..I stand corrected.

Love your ' may' ...before each projection. And 'may'be I'll fly to the moon.....it could happen

Old 10-05-2018, 02:43 PM

19,378 posts, read 16,943,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m done with this country! I’m moving to BC (Canada) as soon as I can!
I think I heard about some celebrities that were going to do that if Trump was elected. The didn't move, unfortunately. You may like Canada, though. It's a beautiful country and has some of the nicest people on earth.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:44 PM

8,533 posts, read 3,399,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Yes. Black men everywhere should shudder. History has shown that when a white woman accuses a black man of sexual assault, she is to be believed without question.

And this is another example at how white liberals can be so tunnel-visioned that they don't consider the collateral damage to other groups in their corner.
Yes ... well history was wrong, dreadfully wrong. This is not matter of picking one group over another (women over men) but of trying to find principals that promote fairness and diminish the power of a mob, any mob.

For me, one of the principals is a total dedication to trying to find the best and most accurate information possible.

I criticize Ford for coming forward without having "best" information available (given these particular circumstances); I criticize those who seemingly smear her for mixing and matching all sorts of allegations somewhat carelessly. Pot calling the kettle ...

That some hold a principal dear (presumption of innocence) does not permit or open the door to a carelessness of process.

Per Collins', whoever leaked the letter made a mockery of the Senate confirmation process.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:44 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,472,713 times
Quote:
Remember this day when you get out and vote in November! There are crowd funds that are breaking records to vote these folks out!

Old 10-05-2018, 02:45 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,026,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I don't know about that. What Wesley Snipes got threatened with incarceration with Trump has been getting away with for decades. Color first, money second.
You can always find exceptions, but I also think financial crimes are different than anything that involves force or violence. I mean look at the grand spanking clean queen of them all, Martha Stewart, famous, rich, squeaky clean, but insider trading? Just like Wesley Snipes, jail time.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:45 PM

8,687 posts, read 10,250,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
It's disgusting what these protesters are saying.

"Women should be believed without question"
"Sexual assault victims should be believed no matter what"
"Believe all women"

Alyssa Milano said the other day that she didn't care if some men were falsely accused.

This whole guilty until proven innocent ideal is crazy.
So, what happens when these women are accused by other women of sexual assault. I bet that haven't figured that one out yet.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:48 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,946,335 times
Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Canada and Australia along with the UK are exactly the same. Trudeau is an idiot.

There is no where in the English speaking world you can run or hide. Expatriation to a non-English speaking, non-Western European country is the only solution.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 PM

10,557 posts, read 6,231,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It sounds to me like Susan Collins is laying out the fact that she has to base her vote on the facts she has according to the rules/laws which is the very thing the left wants from conservative judges/justices.

The left can't have it both ways.
Susan Collins can vote any way she likes just like everybody else. There's no 'has to' about it. That's why there's a vote.
She can justify it like that. That's up to her.
Everyone is this case has to find a way to justify their vote.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:50 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,874,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Susan Collins can vote any way she likes just like everybody else. There's no 'has to' about it. That's why there's a vote.
She can justify it like that. That's up to her.
Everyone is this case has to find a way to justify their vote.
Has, as in go with her convictions. Do what is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.