Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 07:18 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,062,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
It’s hilarious watching Republicans heads explode over this when they were even shadier to Obama and threatened to do Hillary.
What is shadier than uncorroborated sexual allegations and sitting on them until they will halt proceedings?

LOL

Old 10-01-2018, 07:19 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,842,725 times
Eh. He lied a lot though in front of the Seante... that gives me serious pause. There really wasn't anything to lie about. It's just weird and unnecessary.

Trump should just pick someone else off the list.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:20 AM

7,086 posts, read 9,634,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Uh oh.....

"Individuals who knew Kozinski and spoke to the Guardian on the condition that their names be withheld, for fear of retribution, described Kavanaugh’s testimony as “ridiculous” and “unbelievable”.
Guilt by association? lol Individuals who knew Kozinski and not Kavanaugh somehow find it hard to believe Kavanaugh because of what Kazinski did?

Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 AM

26,939 posts, read 27,150,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Why don't you call up your Senator and complain about his "lying". Obviously, it must be new damning news according to some of you. I haven't heard any Senator complain in earnest that he lied under oath about anything.
LOL...as if both my state Senators Feinstein and Harris aren't already aware of this fact.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 AM

39,180 posts, read 51,531,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Proving Kavanaugh perjured himself is basically a black hole. There is no way you can prove that when asked if Kavanaugh sometimes drank in excess he said "yes, I have had too many beers". He is smart. He admitted to having "too many beers", which mean that he drank in excess at times. There is no way to prove or disprove blackouts.
I do not think the fact that Kavanaugh drank too much in college and HS is really debatable anymore. He did. The question is does drinking too much as a child and college aged adult disqualify you from sitting on the Supreme Court. The question is also is their enough evidence that he sexually molested a girl/girls while drinking as a child and young college aged adult?
The GOP is going to approve him no matter what. But clear evidence that he lied under oath about his drinking emerging from the FBI investigation will make him a potential target for impeachment as the political power shifts in DC - not to mention the more immediate problem of the credibility of someone who lied in his confirmation hearings sitting on the court.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:22 AM

22,174 posts, read 9,748,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm really baffled why anyone would want this guy on the SCOTUS. Emotionally he seems unfit. Seems to have a clear bias and is actively political. Not to mention he appears to be a liar, and seems to have significant issues with alcohol. Other than the timing, why would Republicans think he's a good candidate and keep pushing him? Seems to me that the only reason the Senate keeps supporting Kavanaugh is that he is Trump's golden boy. They've shown that they are terrified of Trump and will jump when he says they should jump.
So now that the sexual allegations are falling apart, the left is pivoting to the 'he's a drunk' strategy. Good luck with that.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:23 AM

22,174 posts, read 9,748,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Nobody is going to touch on her background until Kav. is confirmed to the USSC.

Then...watch as news trickles out with reports the woman is a bit of a nut job.

Yes, there are those who hate Trump with a deep passion. Those who are consumed with hatred that he's in the White House.

But to try and ruin someones reputation with a very ugly allegation takes this hatred to a new level. The ends justifies the means.

Doesn't matter if the guy's life gets destroyed in the process.
Her internet profile has been ENTIRELY SCRUBBED. 100% gone.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:24 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,048,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Eh. He lied a lot though in front of the Seante... that gives me serious pause. There really wasn't anything to lie about. It's just weird and unnecessary.

That's what I don't get. Why not pick someone else? I'm sure Trump has other people in mind. There is enough time to get them confirmed. Why is he so hung up on Kavanaugh? I'm surprised he didn't ditch him already. He tends to abandon loyalties to candidates once the poo-poo hits the fan, as it often does. Assuming the FBI finds nothing and they confirm him, the shadow of this will hang over him a long time and some Senators may lose support for voting yes.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:26 AM

17,429 posts, read 11,450,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So one of Kavanaugh's friends says he will tell the FBI that Kavanaugh was a vicious drunk at Yale (grown up now). If this proves to be true, then Kavanaugh committed perjury before the Senate. Worse, once a violent drunk always a violent drunk.
You're stuck in reverse and don't get it at all. I'm glad you don't. Just keep the desperate liberal talking points going because it makes absolutely no difference.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:26 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,648,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

You know he lied. Amazing ! how long have you been clairvoyant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies