Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:03 PM

2,101 posts, read 1,016,184 times

Advertisements

But the Dems already threw her under the bus!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...tL140ogLJDIFkA

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted material

Old 10-04-2018, 03:06 PM

46,429 posts, read 27,295,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess when you steal a supreme court justice, talk another justice into retiring and replace him with a partisan right wing justice it makes some people angry. Whether you agree or not this is destructive to the country, the republicans jumped on this opportunity full right wing.

But what I find mystifying is the support that he gets from middle or lower class supporters who will be mostly hurt by these supreme court decisions. I understand their support for overturning Roe V Wade, but why would voters in WV and other states be against the ACA or workers rights. I understand the Koch bothers and the Federalist Society supporting Kavanaugh and others because they represent to 1 percenters and big business but what these middle class workers think they have in common with these decisions escapes me.

Election's have consequences....signed obama.....

Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM

18,799 posts, read 7,712,107 times
Just saw some video on TV on a bunch of protesters somewhere. I didn't catch where, not that it matters, they're all the same.

Most of them had weird hairdos, expensive phones, and professionally pre-printed signs opposing Trump, opposing Kavanaugh, the usual. One of them had a picture of Kavanaugh, and a caption that said:

ANGRY
ENTITLED
UNFIT TO SERVE

Funniest part was, it was a perfect description of the protesters.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,083,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess when you steal a supreme court justice, talk another justice into retiring and replace him with a partisan right wing justice it makes some people angry. Whether you agree or not this is destructive to the country, the republicans jumped on this opportunity full right wing.

But what I find mystifying is the support that he gets from middle or lower class supporters who will be mostly hurt by these supreme court decisions. I understand their support for overturning Roe V Wade, but why would voters in WV and other states be against the ACA or workers rights. I understand the Koch bothers and the Federalist Society supporting Kavanaugh and others because they represent to 1 percenters and big business but what these middle class workers think they have in common with these decisions escapes me.
Which decisions? The guy who nominated Kavanaugh has done more for the middle and lower class voters than the last 5 Presidents combined, those middle and lower class voters you're talking about have jobs, are paying less in taxes and finally have someone in the White House who wants to secure our Southern border, do away with lopsided trade policies and rethink all of the bad deals that our last few Presidents have made.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:12 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,432,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Election's have consequences....signed obama.....
Well evidently his 2012 election didn't have any consequences when he lost his supreme court nomination.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:12 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,657,175 times
The Supreme Court doesn’t need a temperamental, blubbering, sexually assaulting, alcoholic! He needs to be in a treatment facility somewhere, he has too many problems to make important decisions for the future of our country.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,304,382 times
they have to give Swetnick a job at a tv spot, at the View or something. She was hilarious. She gave names of witnesses to back up her story. One is dead, the other doesn't know who the hell is Swetnick and the other 2 nobody can find. Nobody could make this hoax so blatantly with a straight face and NBC gives her airtime. She is the gift that keeps on giving for the Republicans to win.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:15 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,083,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
The Supreme Court doesn’t need a temperamental, blubbering, sexually assaulting, alcoholic! He needs to be in a treatment facility somewhere, he has too many problems to make important decisions for the country.
You deserve this. Your anger and pain is humorous.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:17 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,432,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Which decisions? The guy who nominated Kavanaugh has done more for the middle and lower class voters than the last 5 Presidents combined, those middle and lower class voters you're talking about have jobs, are paying less in taxes and finally have someone in the White House who wants to secure our Southern border, do away with lopsided trade policies and rethink all of the bad deals that our last few Presidents have made.
Trump just forwarded the pick from the Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation, you really need to give it a break with the Trump hyperbole. Anyway we are speaking about Supreme Court Decisions not Trumps supposed actions to benefit the lower and middle class. This court will on balance be anti worker pro business. it was already and this will be just another move in that direction.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 PM

18,799 posts, read 7,712,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
The Supreme Court doesn’t need a temperamental, blubbering, sexually assaulting, alcoholic! He needs to be in a treatment facility somewhere, he has too many problems to make important decisions for the future of our country.
OK, take Bill Clinton off the list then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies