Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:17 AM

41,010 posts, read 49,559,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Christ, if I were Merrick Garland I’d be thanking whatever deity I believed in on an hourly basis for sparing me and my family from the experience of Kavanaugh.

For the record, I think they should have gone through the process Garland, but they didn’t and, sorry, it is no justification at all for the circus our nation is currently going through.
Republicans or Democrats would never have put Garland through what Dems have done to BK.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,164,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Where is the insanity in that post? There have been witnesses who have claimed that Kavanaugh gets violent when he enjoys too many beers!
Good heavens, as long as he's not around ice y'all are safe.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:20 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,085,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
When the FBI investigates, they INVESTIGATE. No half-assed "oh we don't need to interview key people and people coming forward saying they are witnesses" nonsense... UNLESS, they are specifically prevented from doing their normal procedure, for example, by the White House or Trump.
It's amazing how quickly the right was and is willing to throw the FBI under the bus and execute a scam in plain sight. There is a 0% chance that in a normal investigation they wouldn't have interviewed Brett and Ford. That's literally the baseline for the whole investigation.

No one should buy this "oh the FBi didn't feel the need to investigate Ford & Kav" crap. They were blocked from it by the WH, pure and simple.
Nothing you said was factually correct. This was an expanded background investigation only limited to the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh per Democrats' agreement and not a criminal investigation. The FBI's job in this case is solely to interview people and get their statements/question them. Both Ford and Kavanaugh were already questioned heavily under oath. These other people the various talking heads on CNN keep whining about do not have any information about these alleged sexual assaults and thus have no reason whatsoever to speak to the FBI or conversely.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
She has sad eyes. She looks like solid wife material for a *late bloomer* who might have a madonna/ho complex. He gets the spring in his step from spicy mamas like his sidekick Zina Bash with her smirks and edgy white power signs, and female clerks who dress "outgoing".

We have Clarence Thomas, we don't need two of these jerks on the supreme court.
Wow, just when I thought people couldn't go any lower than the sewer, guess you found a way, you should be sooo proud...

Old 10-04-2018, 08:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,954,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Republicans or Democrats would never have put Garland through what Dems have done to BK.
I'm sorry. Did I miss the Garland hearings?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:24 AM

17,442 posts, read 11,486,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The future of the republican party is at stake, here. GOP still has a chance to save face.

IF they confirm Kavanaugh, republicans will lose bigly next month and in 2020.

BRETT KAVANAUGH LIED UNDER OATH

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1047835086870069248
It so gracious of you to be so concerned about the future of the Republican Party but I think you already have your hands full saving the Democrats from complete disaster in the midterms after showing Americans, Democrats will stop at nothing to obtain power regardless of any scruples or morals.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Am I the only one who hates Trump and despises. Kavanaugh and thinks there is no chance he won't get enough votes???
I am grateful that the. National Council of Churches and these. Law professors have come out to protest Kavanaugh's appointment but unless they have some clout (read votes or money) to use against the GOP senators, their comments are worthless...

Does anyone really think that Jeff Flake is going to vote NO and he was the one persuaded to dig in his heels for an FBI investigation yet he still voted YES out of committee-what good did an FBI investigation do???
Nothing because Kavanaugh was not questioned again
Ford was not questioned again although Grassley is acting like a turd about getting more info from her when he would not allow her therapist or the polygraph operator to testify DURING THE HEARING as they both offered to do...

The GOP has bought so wholeheartedly into Trump's playbook that I am beginning to suspect that even more of them have ties to Russian/dirty money than I previously thought and they believe they need Kavanaugh to protect themselves from Mueller's investigation at some point...
Graham certainly seems to be so afraid of some blackmail being used against him he has literally been transformed into someone 180 degrees from the Graham of the campaign and early days of the Trump administration...
Grassley is just a crotchety old fool--
If there was a picture perfect example of why term limits are better for the country he and Orin Hatch would be the Ben and Jerry mockup...
Nope, <bold> there's more TDS loons on here and in D.C., albeit a small amount as evidenced by those paid protestors that confronted Flakey Flake in the elevator or the loons that confront officials when they're out eating.
Thankfully the TDS infected loons are not anywhere near a majority and never will be...

Old 10-04-2018, 08:31 AM

13,015 posts, read 13,804,396 times
Why is it so important to have this guy on the Supreme who has never tried a case. Was this the best they could find or is there some other reason why a more experienced conservative nominee would not do?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:32 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,085,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Why is it so important to have this guy on the Supreme who has never tried a case. Was this the best they could find or is there some other reason why a more experienced conservative nominee would not do?
Are you intentionally ignoring all of his experience on the second more powerful court in the United States?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:32 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,122,645 times
Trump said the FBI has "free rein," that was a lie. The White House limited the scope and handcuffed the bureau from conducting a full and unimpeded investigation.

Several witnesses and Yale classmates who wanted to talk to the FBI were not interviewed.

This entire investigation was a sham, the GOP never cared about getting to the bottom of the allegations.

https://twitter.com/Arianedevogue/st...46810444812290
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.