Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:16 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,991,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Glad to know that lying under oath means something finally.

So, can we nominate someone other than Brett Kavanaugh? You know - statements from people saying that he knew about the Ramirez allegations - he texted other people about it back in July - when he told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he only heard about it in September?

Awesome - glad we sorted that out.
His exact testimony. SEems to me he was stating that he did not know the exact allegation prior to the New Yorker story but he was aware Ramirez was "calling around" to find people to collaborate her story.

"They couldn’t — the New York Times couldn’t corroborate this story and found that she was calling around to classmates trying to see if they remembered it. And I, at least — and I, myself, heard about that, that she was doing that. And you know, that just strikes me as, you know, what is going on here? When someone is calling around to try to refresh other people, is that what’s going on? What’s going on with that? That doesn’t sound — that doesn’t sound good to me. It doesn’t sound fair. It doesn’t sound proper. It sounds like an orchestrated hit to take me out. That’s what it sounds like."

8,196 posts, read 2,866,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I guess Jeff Flake will now vote No, as this morning he called President Trump's comments mocking CBF allegations during his rally yesterday 'appalling'.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/polit...ord/index.html

Hint: he was standing next to a nodding Senator Coons during his statement.
He is the left. Makes up excuses as he goes.

3,099 posts, read 1,323,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
If the Republicans take the Senate majority in November, they can renominate him and put him on the court.

Jeff Flake hates Donald Trump, because Trump ended his Senate career. That is what this is all about with Flake.
It’s hoghly remote the republicans won’t hold or gain. ND looks over. Texas is probably over. With that the democrats would need to win every other race and they’ll probably lose one other out of Tennessee Florida or Arizona

15,689 posts, read 10,479,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
And, definitive proof that Kavanaugh never got drunk.

Oh... wait...

Never mind.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/03/kava...us-drunks.html

Drinking isn't against the law unless you drive drunk, cause a car accident, and attempt to flee the scene of the crash.

I happen to know a guy who did all of the above who is running for the United States Senate.

2,695 posts, read 1,681,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No conviction, he failed his job interview. Trump is lying about this issue and people are just following along.

Kavanagh lied to the Senate. He lied about underage drinking. How stupid is he to not understand the coverup is worse then the lie? What else did he lie about? What other problems is he hiding? Is he a current substance abuser? Why did he really over extend his credit cards?

There are other people on that list from the Federalist Society, time to put a new one up.

Have you saved this post on a computer and decided to post it every day. Repeating it 10,000 times does not make it more credible.

There will be no more new candidates from the Federalist society. The time for that was long past gone when DiFi held on to the letter for 6 weeks.

And I don't care for Kavanaugh one way or the other. I am unhappy that the democrats blew this one big time since I do want good representation by both parties in the House and Senate.

Last edited by kamban; 10-03-2018 at 08:14 AM..

Old 10-03-2018, 07:18 AM

12,114 posts, read 6,645,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Kavanagh has proved himself to be a liar.
No he has NOT, but Ford HAS....

Old 10-03-2018, 07:18 AM

17,582 posts, read 9,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
She is not even being interviewed by the FBI. She's already told her story, why should she be scared?
The Blasey Lawyers are frantic because she hasn't been interviewed by the FBI -- if she was interviewed, she would have a chance to "correct" her story. IF not, then her Under Oath testimony stands.

So far - she has not been interviewed by the FBI ..... but they sure have been busy interviewing a ton of people. I'm smelling burned toast.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:19 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,781,759 times
I get the feeling that Flake feels like he has to vote yes but he really really wants to vote no so he is hanging on to any reason he can find to justify a no vote. I also think he is getting all of his counsel from people on the no side, which is feeding in to his pre-existing desire to vote no as well.

22,974 posts, read 27,120,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She remembers the assault. That's the part most women remember quite well. Ask any of the credible women here who have spoken frankly about their assaults. Many of them have seconded Ford's inability to recall many of the superfluous details while remembering the assault perfectly and in vivid detail.

But I suppose they are all lying, too. Because that's what women do, right?
Nope, just have to look across the dining room table to ask those questions or talk to my friend's wife. They BOTH remember quite clearly even after 40 odd years. Want to hear something even more controversial? My friends wife actually freely admits she had some responsibility for what happened to her.
I know, I know, HOW DARE SHE right?

8,196 posts, read 2,866,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Congrats. You at least mention the real, original reasons for opposing Kavanaugh from the day he was nominated. Roe v Wade & SSM. All this lying, anger stuff are distractions from the fact you all fear what his judicial opinions might be.

At this point, the high up in office leftist politicians are about saving their as*ses. All the rest is forgotten for the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies