Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 07:10 AM

17,532 posts, read 11,584,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Given Kavanaugh's clearly stated animosity towards certain groups and clearly stated partisanship, how could he credibly serve as a Supreme Court Justice sworn to “administer justice without respect to persons?"
If your were worried about partisanship, you'd be going around right now collecting signatures to remove Ginsberg from the court.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:14 AM

2,705 posts, read 1,698,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think you should contact your Senator and tell them this.

LOL

I would love to but he has enough on his plate, after being called various names for his rant on the Judiciary committee on National TV.

I have met him once on an elevator and he was quite pleasant to talk to. And his office was super helpful in resolving some issues my family had with US Government with delays in service

Old 10-02-2018, 07:17 AM

53,608 posts, read 35,559,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
If all you have is warm ice and you need it somewhat chilled, the only quick option is to add ice to cool it and drink it sufficiently fast before the melting ice dilutes the beer.

I have seen people do this.
i think they call that 'water'

Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,575,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oops.

Well, I hate to miss the fun, but I'm going to go volunteer again today with those women I was talking about yesterday - women who have had very real, verifiable, and ongoing challenges involving abuse, addiction, poverty, sexual exploitation, (fill in the blank) in their lives, but who, usually without a bit of professional counseling, have decided not to let any of these years and years of a marked "lack of respect and attention" in their lives define their futures.

I love these women! Breath of fresh air.
Yes, apparently Ford doesn't have the right to her own response to trauma, only the response that meets your acceptability bar. And for every one of those women you volunteer with, there are scores of others with similar experiences who are incapable, for various reasons, of escaping those challenges. According to your logic, their failure to escape from them marks them as self-pitying losers. Your compassion for women extends only to women who happen to satisfy your requirements.

I will never understand misogynistic women.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:21 AM

53,608 posts, read 35,559,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
She also had a rape test or medical exam done (it mentions vaginal tearing), the man admitted they had sex, and there was a second witness who found her distraught immediately after it happened. It's eerily similar to a case where an accusation was made 36 years later, with no specific details or forensic evidence, where the witnesses named by the accuser refuted her claim, and I can clearly see why it was cited here.
well done

Old 10-02-2018, 07:30 AM

3,847 posts, read 2,008,533 times
I always believed the 2nd accusers allegation that during a drinking game Kavanaugh may have pulled his pants down and exposed himself to her. Seems in line with many drinking games I participated in. I saw one to many penises I did not need to see lol I do not believe that in itself disqualifies him, however, if true that he was contacting his friends prior to the allegation coming out to see if they would back him up then he lied under oath. He said he did not know about the allegations until the New Yorker story. I have yet to see these texts to see if they prove he knew prior to when he said BUT if they do in fact prove that then he lied. Stupid too. Why lie if you knew you contacted many old friends?
Kavanaugh DID NOT lie about his drinking as he did say "sometimes he had too many beers" vague but admitting to drinking too much. Kavanaugh DID NOT lie about the drinking age. He never said he was 18 during his senior year summer he stated that some friends were so were legally able to obtain beer.
Not enough evidence to reject his nomination on Ford's allegation alone because too many holes and inconsistencies in her story. Swetnick is a whackjob. Her interview contradicts her sworn affidavit. She saw him "hanging around" the punch bowl. Please.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:31 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,570,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wrong. Her sister-in-laws have been interviewed on TV.
Her hubbie's family has publicly supported her, not her blood family.

I suppose they believe her, but they might also wonder why she never told them and they didn't notice any behavioral changes.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:32 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,112,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Its obvious Judge K does not have the temperament to be a supreme court judge.

It was obvious that Obama wasn't qualified to be president but we survived 8 years of his incompetency.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:35 AM

2,705 posts, read 1,698,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i think they call that 'water'

That is what happens when I don't proof-read and say warm ice instead of warm beer.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:36 AM

21,601 posts, read 10,770,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I get that as a concept. But in practice, how could they possibly lower the bar any further, or be any more despicable in their behavior than they have been? If they could figure out any new lie to tell or another, worse slander to commit against Kavanaugh, you know they would all rush to do it right now.

So what new and worse level of nastiness could they possibly be holding back for the replacement for RBG? Is that really even possible after what we have seen here? Really?
No, they had one shot at this and if it’s successful they can’t possibly do something like this to the next nominee without looking awful. In my mind they already look as awful as they can be, but there are still independents out there who somehow haven’t figured out this is all a game. They sure would if they pulled this same stuff on the next one.

I want everyone to remember the actual confirmation hearing where every few minutes some woman protester would come into the hearing screaming and yelling and get arrested (all after they got their bail money from the protest organizers first). This whole thing has been a circus, and it’s 100% the fault of the Democrats. I really hope they pay at the polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies