Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 12:50 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,429,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You are assured to lose because goodness, truth and justice always eventually win.
Says the side who endorses baby murder. Is there anything that more centrally defines evil? You'd be hard-pressed to find it.

See how proofs work?

Enjoy your eventual downfall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 12:55 PM

16,213 posts, read 6,539,051 times
This is a really good explanation of how it happens.* I personally believe (because that's what has happened to me) that pattern recognition goes into overdrive when people are under stress or trying to make sense of chaos. Get people is a state of fear or uncertainty and it's easier for them to engage in this type of cognitive error. My own husband has commented he can't tell who to believe anymore (that's why I don't watch the news). He's a normal person. Granted the Q people are probably genuinely disordered but I think others are getting sucked into implausible scenarios simply by being around these people.

*https://www.ted.com/talks/michael_sh...strange_things

Old 08-05-2018, 02:12 PM

11,982 posts, read 5,355,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Like an oppo paid-for dossier sourced from the Kremlin?

Like CNN, MSNBC, the NYT, and the WaPo?

Fixed it for you.

We are assured to win because goodness, truth, and justice always eventually win.
If you think that Donald Trump represents the side of “goodness, truth and justice”, you’re too far over the edge to communicate with anyone outside of your bubble.

The primary demographic supporting Donald Trump has been shrinking for 20 years. He won about 66% of white Non-College voters, which is shrinking at a rate of 2-3% of national registered voters every four years. If the GOP doesn’t increase its share of the groups that are growing (college grads and minorities), they’ll have to increase their share of white Non-College with every election just to not lose ground. If all groups vote and turnout at the same percentage in 2020 as they did in 2016, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin would slip back into the D column simply due to the fall in white non-college voters. If R leaning independents who voted third party in 2016 return to Trump in 2020 but everything else is exactly the same, the computer simulation is a tie in the Electoral College, with every election seeing the Trump supporting demographic becoming a smaller share to eligible voters.

Quote:
Here’s one way to think about the 2016 election. We are witnessing a great race in this country between demographic and economic change that’s driving a new America, and reaction to those changes. On November 8, with a tremendous burst of speed, reaction to change caught up with change and surpassed it.

But is that advantage sustainable over the long haul, as change continues and reaction has to run ever faster simply to keep pace? Probably not. Those old legs will give out eventually, though we do not know exactly when. In the end, the race will be won by change — as it always is.

Looking back from 2032, we are far more likely to view the 2016 election as the last stand of America’s white working class, dreaming of a past that no longer exists, than as a fundamental transformation of the political system.
Trump is a reaction to the demographic change that his base fears, but are powerless to stop. The irony is that the more Trump or a successor cult leader turns up the red meat to appeal to that base, the more likely they will lose younger voters, college grads and minorities that are gaining share in every election. With every Presidential election going forward, the chances of Republican success without broadening their base grow fainter.

Believing in conspiracies, denying all news sources except their own trusted propaganda sources and relishing in Trump's attacks on “the other” are all symptoms of their own fear and loathing.

Even when they’re winning, they know that they will ultimately lose.
Rate this post positively

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-working-class

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-cont...ral-Future.pdf

Last edited by Bureaucat; 08-05-2018 at 02:36 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This is a really good explanation of how it happens.* I personally believe (because that's what has happened to me) that pattern recognition goes into overdrive when people are under stress or trying to make sense of chaos. Get people is a state of fear or uncertainty and it's easier for them to engage in this type of cognitive error. My own husband has commented he can't tell who to believe anymore (that's why I don't watch the news). He's a normal person. Granted the Q people are probably genuinely disordered but I think others are getting sucked into implausible scenarios simply by being around these people.

*https://www.ted.com/talks/michael_sh...strange_things
The "Q people" aren't disordered.

They're just desperate to believe that there is an institutional positive force working for their political interests and against all of the institutional corruption (like a white whale investigation into a non-mainstream elected president that began immediately) and the moral / social decay that they perceive and has been occurring for decades.

You're essentially witnessing a small psychological comfort for people who have been politically marginalized for decades in spite of their numbers.

The Neocons, who presented themselves as their only candidates, ignored their actual interests and often facilitated Left Wing social interests. The base has no significant representation in the Media, in Academia, and rarely in government. Fox news doesn't count when you can barely get away with using it as a citation source on Wikipedia.

These people have been ignored, and when they finally elect someone that might represent them the weight of the institutional US comes crashing down on their guy.

The situation is so psychologically bad for them (which, btw, is evidence of democratic corruption in itself) that I would not discount the Qanon stuff as being a minor psyop merely to give them a form of psychological comfort through this so that they don't rapidly deteriorate as a group.

In reality, I highly doubt that is the case but, again, I also could not discount that possibility.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:24 PM

16,213 posts, read 6,539,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The "Q people" aren't disordered.

They're just desperate to believe that there is an institutional positive force working for their political interests and against all of the institutional corruption (like a white whale investigation into a non-mainstream elected president that began immediately) and the moral / social decay that they perceive and has been occurring for decades.

You're essentially witnessing a small psychological comfort for people who have been politically marginalized for decades in spite of their numbers.

The Neocons, who presented themselves as their only candidates, ignored their actual interests and often facilitated Left Wing social interests. The base has no significant representation in the Media, in Academia, and rarely in government. Fox news doesn't count when you can barely get away with using it as a citation source on Wikipedia.

These people have been ignored, and when they finally elect someone that might represent them the weight of the institutional US comes crashing down on their guy.

The situation is so psychologically bad for them (which, btw, is evidence of democratic corruption in itself) that I would not discount the Qanon stuff as being a minor psyop merely to give them a form of psychological comfort through this so that they don't rapidly deteriorate as a group.

In reality, I highly doubt that is the case but, again, I also could not discount that possibility.
I wouldn't disagree with that.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:26 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,158,100 times
So do Democrats have any actual good policies or is attacking the opposition all they have?

Old 08-05-2018, 02:28 PM

27,957 posts, read 29,110,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So do Democrats have any actual good policies or is attacking the opposition all they have?
Open borders, abolish ICE, raise taxes, increase crime and impeach 45.

If you want to call those good policies.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:30 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,123,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If you think that Donald Trump represents the side of “goodness, truth and justice”, you’re too far over the edge to communicate with anyone outside of your bubble.

The primary demographic supporting Donald Trump has been shrinking for 20 years. He won about 66% of white Non-College voters, which is shrinking at a rate of 2-3% of national registered voters every four years. If the GOP doesn’t increase its share of the groups that are growing (college grads and minorities), they’ll have to increase their share of white Non-College with every election just to not lose ground. If all groups vote and turnout at the same percentage in 2020 as they did in 2016, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin would slip baco into the D column simply due to the fall in white non-college voters. If R leaning independents who voted third party in 2016 return to Trump in 2020 but everything else is exactly the same, the computer simulation is a tie in the Electoral College.

Trump is a reaction to the demographic change that his base fears, but are powerless to stop. The irony is that the more Trump or a successor cult leader turns up the red meat to appeal to that base, the more likely they will lose younger voters, college grads and minorities that are gaining share in every election. With every Presidential election going forward, the chances of Republican success without broadening their base grow fainter.

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-working-class

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/wp-cont...ral-Future.pdf
I want to find Republicans I would vote for but sadly the majority are just more of the same in regards to being conservative. It is primary season and the ads whether you talk radio, television or mailers are crazy with determining who is "more conservative" than their opponent. I mean this is what the right causes the left of doing. At least the left realizes it and tries to reign in from time to time. Anytime the right does it, people are ready to call them a RINO.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:32 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,900,311 times
I saw an interview with one Q member talking about the deep state and how they want to kill Trump. Hmm, if they want to kill Trump then how come he's still alive? It was bizarre to say the least. Facts are facts and the truth seems to be unimportant as long as the narrative fits the mania.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I don't live in a bubble. You do. I've lived in large urban regions my entire life. Mostly in NYC and Philadelphia.

I was on the Left once, as engaged as the most engaged here. I know your side as well as you do, and maybe better. I know that I know the Right better.

Morality and goodness is with the Right. Your moral system is both new and idiosyncratic. Its entirely self interested for the benefit of very specific ethnic groups at great cost for others. Its lack of parity outs it as a corrupt moral system. And that's before we get into things like baby murder. We can discuss all of this at length if you would like.

The very fact that you consider more traditional morality, which was present for most of our civilizational existence, as "over the edge" in favor of a very new communist morality means that I am not the one who is actually "over the edge". Goodness did not begin with communism. It ended with it.

Quote:
The primary demographic supporting Donald Trump has been shrinking for 20 years.
Whaaa...I lost an election.

Quote:
He won about 66% of white Non-College voters, which is shrinking at a rate of 2-3% of national registered voters every four years.
I remember hearing this type of reasoning running up to the 2016 election. Still running your collective mouths in an effort to self soothe?

Quote:
If the GOP doesn’t increase its share of the groups that are growing (college grads and minorities),
I heard this as well. Thanks, but from here on out I think we're good without the Neocon / Neoliberal / Progressive concern trolling that is merely an exercise in self-soothing.

Quote:
Trump is a reaction to the demographic change that his base fears, but are powerless to stop.
Lol...no one is powerless to stop a thing.

You forget that your demographic change was built on the fundamental and video recorded lie that the 1964 immigration act would not change the demographics of the nation. The existence of that fundamental lie gives the Right the moral authority to reverse what they wish to.

Yeah, I know. And all of the Left's data had HRC winning the 2016 election with 95% probability.

Your propaganda and your sources are fake news. Moreover, you are attempting to both self-soothe and propagandize the Right as your similar sources did in in he 2016 election season. Did you not clock how utterly wrong and discredited your collective efforts were? Go talk to the wall. It would be more effective, and less politically destructive to your contingent, than spewing the same nonsense again here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies