Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:14 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,289,839 times

Advertisements

This holds as much water as the "news" that Trump is fuming every few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 03:15 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
BIG UGH

A CNN "star" attended a Trump rally and he was frightened by the hostility the attendees showed toward the media to the point that he said this
“I’m very worried that the hostility whipped up by Trump and some in conservative media will result in somebody getting hurt.” He continued: “We should not treat our fellow Americans this way. The press is not the enemy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-apos-...084707504.html

Ahh Ok Mr CNN star do you realize that you are comparing a few hundred people at a pro Trump rally to millions of your own kind that are calling for ICE to be abolished and these are the same people that for years have been making Police Officers into the bad guys which is now causing them to be attacked with more frequency?

Our Law enforcement agencies are not the enemy but the Left is making them out to be and guess what people are being hurt and killed because of it.

Millions? I think you'd better supply some facts supporting that allegation, and while you're at it some factual supporting the allegation that they have " for years have been making Police Officers into the bad guys".

Otherwise: No Facts = Fake News!

Old 08-01-2018, 03:20 PM

25,851 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Quote:
BIG UGH

A CNN "star" attended a Trump rally and he was frightened by the hostility the attendees showed toward the media to the point that he said this
“I’m very worried that the hostility whipped up by Trump and some in conservative media will result in somebody getting hurt.” He continued: “We should not treat our fellow Americans this way. The press is not the enemy.”

Ahh Ok Mr CNN star do you realize that you are comparing a few hundred people at a pro Trump rally to millions of your own kind that are calling for ICE to be abolished and these are the same people that for years have been making Police Officers into the bad guys which is now causing them to be attacked with more frequency?

Our Law enforcement agencies are not the enemy but the Left is making them out to be and guess what people are being hurt and killed because of it.

I think what he's afraid of is being irrelevant. Which is exactly what he should be.

He's also afraid that the general population will soon recognize hypocrisy if it is pointed out to them a sufficient number of times. Again, he has cause to worry. Camouflaged villainy can only remain camouflaged for so many years.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:37 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 9 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,605,019 times
Quote:
BIG UGH

When institutions are so infested with poor training that it more or less invites abuse, then often the mot straight-forward solution IS to abolish the agency and replace it with a new one. This is a larger police problem of poor training (and probably psychological screening too). Hell, they even dogpiled and tasered a white University of Alabama student a few years ago - all over a noise complaint.

Then there's another incident at Ole Miss's football stadium, where an off-duty cop for the PD of a nearby town smacked in the face with a billy club an incorrigible drunk during a game. If they're doing that to white people, they're doing that to everybody. As terrible as that is, at least I give those cops credit for being consistent - treating white middle class males like that as well as minorities and illegal immigrants (not that I'm supporting their acts - just saying they're consistent in their behavior). In this case, "law, order, and personal responsibility" types should cheer loudly at cops opening a can of "whup ass" too.

Back to Trump supporters hostility. That's pretty much par for the course at Trump's rallies.* Sane presidents don't that kind of thing and certainly don't make them hatefests against immigrants, the media, personal attacks against individuals, and a broad range of other targets. That kind of mass rally hatefest thing belongs in North Korea and in fascist nations, not in representative democratic republics (not in the North Korean sense). Not only that, Trump's a menace to democracy, republic, or whatever you care to call our traditional form of government.

*Why, outside re-election time, any president need to frequently hold big rallies instead of spending time actually governing is beyond me! But that's another topic.).

Old 08-01-2018, 03:44 PM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
So you are saying it is OK for trumpers to threaten Americans they disagree with...... because you don't like some people calling for the end of "ICE" (reminder ICE is only 15 years old and border patrol is NOT ICE...)

Ahhh where did I say that it is Ok for Trump people to threaten anyone???

What the Left fails to realize is that ICE does not only "rip babies from mothers arms" but they also round up, arrest and deport people that are illegally in the country and some of those trespassers are also criminals that are hurting and preying on people in their own communities.

ICE is doing good work at a job that is hard, unpopular for some but necessary.

The warning by the CNN star is ridiculous because the people that are committing the most violence are members of the Left.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:56 PM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Millions? I think you'd better supply some facts supporting that allegation, and while you're at it some factual supporting the allegation that they have " for years have been making Police Officers into the bad guys".

Otherwise: No Facts = Fake News!

FACTS? it is evident every time I turn on the news or look to social media. Many and that means Millions suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome and they commit crimes like destroying Trumps star on the Hollywood walk of fame. Locally we had some nut in a car chase down a guy, ram his car, curse him out and nearly hit him as she sped off all because he had a Trump sticker on the back of his car.

There are so many examples where members of the Left have acted like vandals with a mob mentality whipped into a frenzy by fake news. It is ridiculous and you know it.

As for the Police we only need to look back several years to the Black Lives Matter movement that started out of a genuine concern after a black man was shot by a officer but the BLM movement turned into more of a terrorist organization that burned and looted, destroyed police cars and clashed with police. We heard chants in the streets to kill cops and in turn we had cops that were ambushed and shot.

When all of these terrible things were happening Obama did nothing but his like minded politicians often blamed the Police while giving the mob room to destroy.

It was and still is crazy and many on the Left see Police and any LEO as the enemy.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 9 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,605,019 times
Quote:
Ahhh where did I say that it is Ok for Trump people to threaten anyone???

What the Left fails to realize is that ICE does not only "rip babies from mothers arms" but they also round up, arrest and deport people that are illegally in the country and some of those trespassers are also criminals that are hurting and preying on people in their own communities.

ICE is doing good work at a job that is hard, unpopular for some but necessary.

The warning by the CNN star is ridiculous because the people that are committing the most violence are members of the Left.

Prove to me that trespassing is such a despicable act that those who commit that act deserve excruciating mental anguish and torture. By that standard, we should flog trespassers of ordinary private property in the courthouse square. In neither case does that act in and of itself constitute a violation of one's essential safety, especially if they clearly show no intent to hurt or harm others. Any appeals to violent crimes some did is a separate issue. An invited guest on my property who commits aggravated battery with a deadly weapon against me (or any other crime not yet mentioned, really) is just as guilty as a trespasser on my property who happened to do the same. Really, on this issue, these "build the wall" types have no sense of proportion. They just "think" with their kneejerk reptilian brainstem and little else, if anything else at all.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:15 PM

8,500 posts, read 6,911,311 times
Trump storm troopers enter a new phase of the battle to destroy our Constitution. Storm clouds darken the sky. Will there be a Kristallnacht at news headquarters across the nation with the exception of Fox. Shattered glass and news reporters detained in reeducation camps. Welcome to authoritarian America courtesy of Donald J Trump.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:20 PM

24,439 posts, read 23,098,542 times
Hey, I was right. The left are ridiculous and predictable.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:31 PM

17,326 posts, read 12,279,109 times
Quote:
Yes. 99% of FBI agents are doing the right thing and working hard at their jobs but as we have seen there were certain agents and some at the top that choose political sides to help their candidate get ahead and or to cause problems for the opponent and that is wrong on so many levels.
And all of the leadership of the investigations being shouted down by the president are conservative Republicans.

But at any rate why is it OK for the "right" to criticize the FBI because of some bad actors but it's not OK for the "left" to criticize the police because of some bad actors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies