Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 04:28 PM

7,419 posts, read 2,723,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao, he considers himself one of the leaders of America. What a dope.
Well, hmmm let's see. He gives back more to America and humanity than other "leaders" who hold high office. I'd rather a self made, hard working Lebron James be considered a leader than a thrice bankrupted RE developer and self proclaimed power abuser.

Who is the dope?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 04:36 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,538,634 times
Why does this moron still have any influence ?

Old 07-31-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
LaBron is worth about half a billion dollars, his charitable contributions represent a very small portion of his worth. Put up or shut up LaBron, you're playing a game dude, you never graduated from college.
I guess you don’t need to graduate college to be a social justice warrior .

Old 07-31-2018, 04:40 PM

This is the problem with liberals

All about “feelings “

No facts or evidence .

Problem is other idiots listen to him and think because he’s rich and famous the diarrhea that comes out of his mouth is true .

Old 07-31-2018, 04:55 PM

45,766 posts, read 27,396,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Well, hmmm let's see. He gives back more to America and humanity than other "leaders" who hold high office. I'd rather a self made, hard working Lebron James be considered a leader than a thrice bankrupted RE developer and self proclaimed power abuser.

Who is the dope?
I don't disagree with how you compare them... LBJ is just wrong.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Who is the dope?
He gives back to humanity ? How ?

Meanwhile Trump’s companies employ tens of thousands...

And Trump stepped aside from his successful businesses to work for America for free .

Let’s see LeBron make a sacrifice like that . He won’t .

Old 07-31-2018, 06:06 PM

15,924 posts, read 6,387,711 times
I'm a liberal who can relate to this going backwards "feeling". I re frame it as backlash though (for my own sanity) and see it as a natural phase in our advancement. 100 years ago women couldn't even vote. We've come really far really fast. Now there is backlash against the backlash and so that's good.

Why I think that? What does "make America great again" mean? Besides being outrageously unpatriotic IMO that slogan is talking about going back to the way things were? How long ago? 50 years when the last of Jim Crow was abolished or 60 years so we can still get in on that. I have seen much progress made as far as human rights and I don't want to see that undone. You see the NeoNazi's marching don't ya? What do you think they take that slogan to mean. I talked with one Trump supporter and he said it meant, to him, back 8 years before Obama. It means different things to different people.

What's with this Alpha male thing anyway. Is it not PC to call them aholes anymore? I'm still calling then aholes anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oO0PT_-Ao

Old 07-31-2018, 06:16 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,571,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He gives back to humanity ? How ?

Meanwhile Trump’s companies employ tens of thousands...

And Trump stepped aside from his successful businesses to work for America for free .

Let’s see LeBron make a sacrifice like that . He won’t .
That makes no sense. LeBron has a very finite time span in which to make money playing basketball. He's near the end of that time span.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
That makes no sense. LeBron has a very finite time span in which to make money playing basketball. He's near the end of that time span.
Oh ok , so when he retires from basketball will he be serving the country like Trump ?

Old 07-31-2018, 06:18 PM

15,924 posts, read 6,387,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm impressed by your restraint sir. Have a rep point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies