Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:37 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You know why the answer is "I don't know, it just feels like it"? Because Hillary didn't win, and now the narrative from the White House, and much of the country is no longer Identity Politics, and promoting the poor me, victim mentality, PC stuff constantly like the previous administration did. They feel there is now a vacuum which has been filled by "grow the efff up, and act like, an adult, and take responsibility for yourself." They don't like reality. They want/like the fantasy of the promise of a UTOPIA than can never happen, nor would humans want.
None of which explains how explicit local/state/federal laws that promote slavery or outlaw blacks from owning real estate or owning/operating businesses will be written, debated, passed and signed into law based on who is the current President.

It sure doesn't make any sense given that based on federal, state and local affirmative action laws, regulations and policies, blacks enjoy the the #1 spot of the government's "Who DO We Love Most" list. They have exalted status per federal and state law, and somehow this equates to a return to chattel slavery and harmful discrimination against them?

So I would ask again - how does it "feel like" we are going back to slavery or Jim Crow law? What has happened in the last 18 months at the legislative level to make anyone think this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 01:38 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
He is an athlete, and celebrity. While he may not be a true "leader", he is entitled to his opinion, and for some reason the Media puts credence into what celebrities say, even though they are neither experienced, nor educated in the subject in which they are asked to address.

I'd like to know why James thinks the way he does now that Black Unemployment under Trump is at an all time LOW. I don't understand how that resembles slavery, nor Jim Crow. In addition, under Trump, there has been no roll back of Affirmative Action policies for Blacks, other minorities, women, etc. So, I am curious as upon what he bases his opinion. Secure borders? Other countries do it, and they're not considered racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
bouncing a ball doesn't equate to being smart or worth listening to. He should donate his contract to charity, otherwise he's a fraud.
I have no idea what he does or studies in his free time, but playing basketball in itself does not make his opinion more/less legitimate than about any random person in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You should pull a "Donald Trump" and not pay your taxes or at least not release your tax returns.

Oh sorry! Only rich white men can get away with that!
Trump pays his taxes, please present evidence that Trump is delinquent on a tax bill.

Explain why Trump should show the public his tax returns, and exactly what the public will do with such information.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:39 PM

25,733 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I sure feel terrible about LeBron's enslavement.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:42 PM

20,105 posts, read 9,018,880 times
I suppose most black people feel sorry for LaBron.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:42 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
James isn’t the smartest person

Old 07-31-2018, 01:43 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
bouncing a ball doesn't equate to being smart or worth listening to. He should donate his contract to charity, otherwise he's a fraud.
I was waiting on someone to make a comment along these lines. Folks hear an athlete or celebrity with an opinion and then they immediately play the "they should donate" card. First, a lot of athletes and celebrities donate time and money in ways we are never aware of. Even LeBron who loves the spotlight does good deeds without making it national news. And then there was this post that was made before skiddy shared his fraud" opinion....
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Lebron just opened a school for over two hundred kids who are behind their peers , and folks still have negative ish to say about him. At least he recognizes how blessed he is and tries to pay it forward.
Here's a link to more information on the school --

LeBron James discusses the opening of his public school in Akron and his move to the Los Angeles Lakers - NBA

Old 07-31-2018, 01:47 PM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
"You know, for me, as one of the leaders of America or one of the leaders of my community,"
LeBron is not a leader of America, and he no longer even lives in his community....

Old 07-31-2018, 01:52 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Bron Bron sellin oppression fo sho.

Bron is no idiot though. Idiots can't rub two pennies together. He's got the chedda. He didn't steal it, he just didn't learn nuthin.

He didn't have to.

What white coach and black coach and white counselor and black counselor is trying to teach these young men is to police yourselves. Don't let your brother pick that pipe up. You don't need that now.

When you're in a professional setting, do your write and talk ghetto?

Hell no.

When you're on the football field or practice field of life, can you write and talk ghetto?

Hellyeah.

Your troubles are of your own making.

That is your statement of hope.

You are responsible.

That is your freedom.

Now, for the drunkards prayer... Bow down y'all... I Will Never Do That Again!

People resist change. The devil you know.

Take yo chains off yosef foo. Change is scary. The unknown is frightening.

Freedom only goes forward. Revolution is never undone. Prayers never need to be resent.

The postage is already paid.

You must just decide.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:56 PM

20,105 posts, read 9,018,880 times
LaBron is worth about half a billion dollars, his charitable contributions represent a very small portion of his worth. Put up or shut up LaBron, you're playing a game dude, you never graduated from college.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
No it doesn't Lebron. Only in a twisted and stupidly ignorant racist mind would "Slavery and Jim Crow" even be a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies