Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 10:58 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What you mean to say is that now we have a leader who is easily triggered, and you think that is good.
I don't think for one second Trump is "triggered." I think that will be the consensus of people who want to misunderstand and underestimate him, but nobody has his business career without knowing who to be nice to, who to yell at, when to do either, etc.

I don't think he was triggered, angry or anything of the sort. I think he did what needed to be done and did so the way it needed to be done. You think in his entire life as a leader of numerous companies this is the first time someone played the "I am the alpha, not you" game with Donald Trump? Chances are about 99.99...% that he has put plenty of challengers to his alpha status in their proper place, and I guarantee many of them came at him with way more strength and power than anything Iran can come at the US with.

Trump is THE alpha. Period. That's what America elected. Yes, after 8 years of groveling beta mewling, alpha probably looks and sounds truly frightening, but it's just plain old alpha being alpha.

So Khameini ad Rouhani can powwow and see if they really feel like taking the beating that will come from making a legit challenge to US alpha. Until then, Trump's latest alpha bark is the final word on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Who am I, you ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Who are you to criticize someone else for being "dangerously stupid"?
I'm the tRump critic who gets your goat repeatedly.

Go ahead and post up some of your own sparkling wit.

Maybe this will help.

But please make it impressive.

Carry on.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Every other leader in the world knows that the American people don't have the stomach for more wars, thus they know Trump is full of crap.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:12 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Since Trump has been in office, he has said (tweeted) quite a lot. His most recent powerful tweet:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Personally I am at odds by such a public show of power and authority. I have no problem Trump saying this to Rouhani personally, but out there for the world to see is a dangerous game to play in my opinion.
This is a rhetorical question, right?

Virtually everything that Trump does is a danger for our country, at least for the country we once knew and loved. He cares about only one thing - that his ego gets stroked continually, that his statements make it to the top of every newscast, that he creates chaos and division wherever he goes. In other words, that we are talking about HIM. He is the ultimate narcissist with billions of dollars and the power of the Presidency behind him and there are absolutely no limits to how far his sick mind will take him. Do not kid yourself this is a man that would (will) throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if it pleasured his bloated ego in some way.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:12 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Dangerous. He has no clue how to be a diplomat because he's just not educated well enough and has no desire to learn.
I agree!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:15 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I don't necessarily have a problem with Trump's tough words, however, his unwillingness to stand up to these evil leaders in face-to-face meetings negates any 'show of power'.

Basically, I'm seeing that Trump likes to tough talk over Twitter from the comfort and safety of his bedroom at the White House, but as soon as he meets these leaders in person, he wimps out.
True. That is what bullies do and he has had a lot of practice.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:15 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,964 times
Trump usually tries to deflect and change the topic after a failure, which is in this case, was the humiliating summit with Putin. So he threatens another country IN ALL CAPS (which shows he's really, really, really mad!) and the news cycle jumps to that. There is something mentally wrong with him.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:18 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This is a rhetorical question, right?

Virtually everything that Trump does is a danger for our country, at least for the country we once knew and loved. He cares about only one thing - that his ego gets stroked continually, that his statements make it to the top of every newscast, that he creates chaos and division wherever he goes. In other words, that we are talking about HIM. He is the ultimate narcissist with billions of dollars and the power of the Presidency behind him and there are absolutely no limits to how far his sick mind will take him. Do not kid yourself this is a man that would (will) throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if it pleasured his bloated ego in some way.
It's a real question, just focused on his most recent tweet. I don't trust that Trump is for me first, no way. I find him dangerous, and have since he took office. His Make America Great Again slogan is a marketing tag line.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:18 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Well, in eight years, he didn't get us into a war with them. Trump has pushed us ever so slightly closer.

Yeah, just like with North Korea....

Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I don't think for one second Trump is "triggered." I think that will be the consensus of people who want to misunderstand and underestimate him, but nobody has his business career without knowing who to be nice to, who to yell at, when to do either, etc.

I don't think he was triggered, angry or anything of the sort. I think he did what needed to be done and did so the way it needed to be done. You think in his entire life as a leader of numerous companies this is the first time someone played the "I am the alpha, not you" game with Donald Trump? Chances are about 99.99...% that he has put plenty of challengers to his alpha status in their proper place, and I guarantee many of them came at him with way more strength and power than anything Iran can come at the US with.

Trump is THE alpha. Period. That's what America elected. Yes, after 8 years of groveling beta mewling, alpha probably looks and sounds truly frightening, but it's just plain old alpha being alpha.

So Khameini ad Rouhani can powwow and see if they really feel like taking the beating that will come from making a legit challenge to US alpha. Until then, Trump's latest alpha bark is the final word on the subject.
Too funny dude. Trump has the emotional intelligence of a 19 year old in prison, he gets triggered emotionally almost daily. So why isn't Trump an alpha with Putin? Why has Trump settled on countless law suits if he puts people in "their proper place?" Nah, he gets played by others constantly. Even recently Kim Jon Un has made Trump his *****. Trump is just way too naïve, like a loud babe in the woods.

His latest triggered tirade will probably create 100 new terrorists. The USA as evil empire is not a good thing and now we get daily advertisement of it via Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies