Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 10:15 AM

10,672 posts, read 6,175,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
A first grade insult. Good job.
Not at T-310. Directed towards Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 10:17 AM

27,999 posts, read 29,146,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Well, in eight years, he didn't get us into a war with them. Trump has pushed us ever so slightly closer.
What did Obama accomplish with North Korea? Or Russia? Or China?

Are we starting to see a pattern here?

Old 07-23-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What did Obama accomplish with Iran during his 8 years?

Answer: Basically nothing.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...iran-deal.html

Old 07-23-2018, 10:20 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,378,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Since Trump has been in office, he has said (tweeted) quite a lot. His most recent powerful tweet:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Personally I am at odds by such a public show of power and authority. I have no problem Trump saying this to Rouhani personally, but out there for the world to see is a dangerous game to play in my opinion.

Donald Trump is dangerous when he speaks impromptu without reading from a script.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What did Obama accomplish with North Korea? Or Russia? Or China?

Are we starting to see a pattern here?
Among experts on North Korea, there was near universal agreement that Donald Trump’s much ballyhooed summit with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un was a colossal failure and an utter waste of time.

And what did trump accomplish with china?

And what did he accomplish with Russia other than showing how he’s so quick to be Putin’s little b*?

Old 07-23-2018, 10:22 AM

1,727 posts, read 3,142,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So far all his rants seem to be empty threats.

So -- yeah just noise.....bark is worse than his bite.

If he couldn't stand firm for America while standing with Putin -- he better not be ready to send our military to 'show off' on his behalf and back up his rants.
I won't put a blanket statement on his threats. tRump is unpredictable and if he has a worse week than the last one, he may just act on it. What better way to deflect than to start a war? Of course, his base will love it at the beginning since tRump can do no wrong, but we'll see how long that will last when their loved ones start dying on the battlefield....

Old 07-23-2018, 10:24 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,523,201 times
Sadly, Obama was not any better with Iran, North Korea or China. In fact, many scholars argue that his 'strategic patience' approach was a disaster that paved the way to where we are now. I tend to agree.

Trump has the potential to do well on foreign policy, but he needs to put his money where his mouth is and stand up to these leaders in face-to-face situations, which he currently does not.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:26 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,653,062 times
I believe they are dangerous. It is one thing to stand strong, and quite another to impulsively make threats that could serve to add fuel to the fire. The problem with all those tough words is, some nutcase may see them as a challenge and take him up on them. At that point, he would have to follow through or look like even more of a fool, and a weak one, at that, before the whole world.

I fear that he's going to end up painting himself into a corner where he HAS to declare war to save face. Not so good.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:33 AM

7,272 posts, read 5,347,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I believe they are dangerous. It is one thing to stand strong, and quite another to impulsively make threats that could serve to add fuel to the fire. The problem with all those tough words is, some nutcase may see them as a challenge and take him up on them. At that point, he would have to follow through or look like even more of a fool, and a weak one, at that, before the whole world.

I fear that he's going to end up painting himself into a corner where he HAS to declare war to save face. Not so good.
I sort of feel this way. It was more "childish" with his back and forth with Kim Jong Un and the name calling, but this recent tweet is a straight forward threat. It almost sounds like a challenge as you stated.

I equate this to confronting an aggressive driver. How do you know he/she isn't truly crazy and may pull a gun out or incite a fight?

I'm not even questioning Trump's ability as POTUS with my post, but more of how our POTUS should be publicly speaking. I don't feel he's doing me any favors with his continued public muscle flexing, as it just smells childish and bullying to me. Wearing it on your sleeve in his position to me isn't the smartest way to be,.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:39 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,456,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Since Trump has been in office, he has said (tweeted) quite a lot. His most recent powerful tweet:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Personally I am at odds by such a public show of power and authority. I have no problem Trump saying this to Rouhani personally, but out there for the world to see is a dangerous game to play in my opinion.
Them s fightin words. For sure.
Iran is Trumps foreign main scapegoat.
He s prepping for a War since Mueller is close.

Reasonably retweeeted TO trump FROM the American people who voted for HIM regarding his continuous smearing of our Intell people who discovered he and his conspirators in crimes against America, spreading mis information, and inciting the World to distrust the press aka The Messanger.

The authentic POTUS would have come out and said as much however to Putin while standing at an American podium. Never will happen with this guy.

Russia will continue to lead attack s against us and, watch, he will blame Iran. Especially while having dinner with Putin in OUR white house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies