Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 05:15 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,325,389 times

Advertisements

I heard something about this, but I assumed it was some sort of spoof.

I can’t believe he stepped so far out of line. Nice to see. We need more of it.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:34 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,876,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He also said there is not one scintilla of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia and if there was, Adam (Crazy Eyes) Shifty would have leaked it.
Exactly, but the leftists weren't crazy about him then when he told the truth.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:46 PM

37,441 posts, read 60,280,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
sounds like Trey, our best congressman, has been compromised himself.
Maybe thats why he isnt seeking reelection
Actually I think it means that Gowdy has given up on getting a judicial appointment out of Trump and now is considering how to position himself to appeal to the rational GOP voters---there are some out there and his state is apparently gathering more them with influx of new people from out of state

Personally I think Gowdy was a wuss when he supported Nunes's congressional memo that maligned the FBI for its investigation of Carter Page---
All of that was kosher as the released FBI warrant applications show
Nunes said HE didn't read all the warrant info---so his ignorance has plausible deniability
Gowdy claimed that HE did read all the material submitted--thus he saw the FBI did give a full disclosure about the Steele dossier and other info used in requesting the FISA warrants
Gowdy comes off as worse than Nunes--
He is an attorney--a former prosecutor
Nunes is just an ag grad who was a farm supply salesman---
Not the same level of legal background at all

Gowdy has the charisma, the intelligence, and the background to become a force for righteous criticism of Trump
His 3 yr persecution of HRC gives him lot of credit with Trump's base if he were to put Trump in the spotlight but I think this is just not going to go anywhere really

Old 07-22-2018, 05:52 PM

37,441 posts, read 60,280,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Gowdy is the same as he ever has been but liberals only like a person when they say something that they agree with.
I think there is a gamut for what liberals approve of just like there is for conservatives
George Will who is about as conservative as it gets has been against Trump and pro Palin
Those two things I can't reconcile because to me both are incompetent posers---

I appreciate the fact that Gowdy has come out and defended some of the statements from the Intel community re Russia--but I don't understand why he supported Nunes's inaccurate and totally self-service memo condemning the FBI FISA warrants against Carter Page who is a "useful" idiot to the Russians and has been for decade or more
It didn't take Trump for the FBI to be interested in Page
So Gowdy has some sort of agenda

Maybe he thinks if HE starts criticizing Trump's Russia stance, he has enough cred with Trump's base that Trump will buy him off with a Federal judgeship---

Old 07-22-2018, 05:57 PM

68,418 posts, read 54,782,365 times
Quote:
Gowdy is the same as he ever has been but liberals only like a person when they say something that they agree with.

Conservatives like being promised the moon and given nothing, RINO Trump fills the bill nicely.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:12 PM

24,958 posts, read 13,311,813 times
Oh look, Gowdy is now that lefts BFF, until he says something they don't like.

"And Fox allowed this exchange"
That is the difference between Fox and the leftist msm.

Quote:
Yep.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:28 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,452,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He also said there is not one scintilla of evidence that Trump colluded with Russia and if there was, Adam (Crazy Eyes) Shifty would have leaked it.
Mueller doesn't show them everything.
You think they don't have Nunes number?

Maybe Trey Gowdy watched his repulsive behavior during Peter Strozk hearing and decided he didn't want to be "that guy anymore"

Nunes and the Republican Party are Eager Leakers.
They are the ones doing it.

Trump is his own biggest leaker.
He screamed "Spy, Spy, Spy, in my campaign!!" on Twitter so America took notice and asked ...

"WHY? Would there be a spy in Donald Trumps campaign????"

Now once again he has to try and change the narrative, that is the truth...Trump hired the best spies from Russia and threw the best parties for Russians after he was elected .
Especially the private party with Russian Ambassadors after he fired Comey. No USA representatives allowed.

And he did it again...with Putin. No USA representatives allowed.

All told, Trump has participated in " after collusion" twice right in front of our eyes.

What other countries has he had closed door meetings like this with? Does Gowdy ever make comparisons like Trumps behavior around this particular country is normal or not?
Dies he remember Trump said " I don't know any Russians, no deals with Russians....

Old 07-22-2018, 06:34 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,681,030 times
Gowdy is right. Something must be done. Maybe Trump needs to come to the realization that he’s not the genius he thinks he is.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:35 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,773,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, yes ! trump is that bad even this guy is turning on him.The trump cult members need to re think their allegiances.
Bengahzi!

Old 07-22-2018, 06:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,677,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Mueller doesn't show them everything.
You think they don't have Nunes number?

Maybe Trey Gowdy watched his repulsive behavior during Peter Strozk hearing and decided he didn't want to be "that guy anymore"

What other countries has he had closed door meetings like this with? Does Gowdy ever make comparisons like Trumps behavior around this particular country is normal or not?
Dies he remember Trump said " I don't know any Russians, no deals with Russians....
I hope you are right because Gowdy's behavior during that hearing was ridiculous. Maybe he did watch himself and say . . . Damn, I'm tired of being a foolish a$$hole.

Or maybe it was that vision of Trump genuflecting before Putin that did him in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies