Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:56 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,787,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I just have to say that's pretty funny, considering how reactionary the left is to pretty much anything and everything our president says or does. If the creases in his pants aren't on point, the left will put together a news story about it and rant for days. Just saying, kind of the pot calling the kettle black calling other political groups "reactionary". And honestly, it steals the left's thunder. If those who oppose the president were a bit more conservative about when they call the president out or display their hate, they might be taken more seriously. But the ultra-reactionary behavior of those on the left has caused most people to shrug off whatever "meltdown" story the left has put forward that day. Hard to take anyone seriously when they go crazy over even the smallest things. Save your outrage for the things that matter, and you will further your cause. Otherwise, most people will simply assume this is the latest left-wing meltdown story and move on.
Read up on some basic political science. Limbaugh and Hannity don't count. Learn what 'reactionary' means... and you'll find today's so-called "conservatives"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 02:57 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,080,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
He was a liberal until he figured out conservatives are easier to con and the GOP has no backbone.
Obama convinced the left that he'd give them cheap, great healthcare along with $2500 back per family and the idiots believed him. The left is by far the easiest group of morons to con, the thousands of pink ***** hat wearing goons who protest things that haven't happened are a prime example of that fact.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:10 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,874,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Obama convinced the left that he'd give them cheap, great healthcare along with $2500 back per family and the idiots believed him.

The left is by far the easiest group of morons to con, the thousands of pink ***** hat wearing goons who protest things that haven't happened are a prime example of that fact.
Trump convinced the right that he would give them cheap, great healthcare, and great paying jobs digging coal and the idiots believed him.

(So he took away their healthcare, and poisoned their air and water)

The right is by far the easiest group of morons to con, the thousands of orange hat wearing goons who protest things that haven't happened are a prime example of that fact.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,325,088 times
Quote:
I wasn't born in Texas, I just got here as quickly as I could.

Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and watch while others make complete fools of themselves... now tap dance a little more for me or I'll tighten your leash again.
As if being born there makes any difference.

You’re there now. That’s all that matters. Conservative + Texan = “born slowed down.â€

Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Trump convinced the right that he would give them cheap, great healthcare, and great paying jobs digging coal and the idiots believed him.

(So he took away their healthcare, and poisoned their air and water)

The right is by far the easiest group of morons to con, the thousands of orange hat wearing goons who protest things that haven't happened are a prime example of that fact.
I still have the exact same overpriced healthcare I had from what Obama screwed up our health insurance industry, most people are like me. I don't recall seeing anything in the news about poisoned air or water, when did that happen? I did however see a bunch of stories about better jobs but they were all over the country and certainly not just in coal mines.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As if being born there makes any difference.

You’re there now. That’s all that matters. Conservative + Texan = “born slowed down.â€
I couldn't possibly be more proud of my "slowed down" lifestyle, I go out of my way to maintain it. Thanks for being aware.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:42 PM

12,097 posts, read 6,636,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So let’s get the record clear for future reference...

You’re saying that Trump is a true conservative, right?
Trump is a political anomaly, and I have no idea where his real politics lie. But he is moving the country in a conservative direction, and his policies are conservative based.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,325,088 times
Quote:
I couldn't possibly be more proud of my "slowed down" lifestyle, I go out of my way to maintain it. Thanks for being aware.
Good. I’m glad that you’re proud of your congenital condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Trump is a political anomaly, and I have no idea where his real politics lie. But he is moving the country in a conservative direction, and his policies are conservative based.
Either he’s a conservative or he isn’t. Why won’t you guys put him on record?

Is Trump a Conservative Republican?

Old 07-22-2018, 07:08 PM

27,223 posts, read 46,903,202 times
Why is the name not mentioned in the OP Post!

Most likely an anti Trumper. Just the name of McJudas says enough.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,626,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I don't think his policies are conservative based. I thought conservatives were SO CONCERNED about the debt and the deficit?

Conservative were all about free trade and trade deals. They were tough on Russia and the party of 'family values'.

I see none of that in Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies