Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 07:32 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,616,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Of course we do.

If you actually have a "USA First" attitude, you aren't so critical of your own country's use of their intelligence assets or attempts to influence global affairs in a way that is beneficial to your own country that you support another country tampering in US elections.

Why are we slapping our own hands and saying it's fine for Russia to tamper with our elections?

Do you want Russia to tamper with US elections?

You can be against the US tampering in other countries' elections without being flippant about other countries tampering in ours, of course.

But, it sounds like you are saying "I do not care if a foreign power tampered in electoral process and influenced the outcome because I do not care who the people of the US actually wanted to run the country."
I think you forgot a critical part... “I do not care if a foreign power tampered in electoral process and influenced the outcome because my preferred candidate won.”

Old 07-19-2018, 07:35 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,440,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lol......what was he supposed to do?

Sorry, we are not going to start a war because Hillary was an absolutely lousy candidate.

We know the DNC cheated for Hillary also. Perhaps a war is in order?
No, we do not, and even if we did... the DNC are US citizens, not Russian operatives.

Hillary may not have been your preference, and that's totally fine, but she was not a lousy candidate. She was a highly-qualified candidate.

So were most of the other candidates in both parties, for what it's worth.

Trump was worse than any of them and he is the one who got elected, so that does look odd.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama had gathered all this information over the last 2 years prior to the elections. He knew of the same information and what did he do as the acting President?

Did he ever call Putin and he demand they stop or do even more serious steps? Why did the current President at the time just let this all go when they were fully aware?

Oh I see, because Hillary was supposed to have won.
Huh?

If this was going on in the 2 years prior, I'm sure the intel community was waiting to see what actually happened because there was nothing to act on.

And no election until there was an election.

Obama is to blame?

LOL.

That's funny.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,882,048 times
Quote:
Trump has known since 14 days before his Inauguration that Vladimir Putin personally ordered the attacks on our elections. He has obfuscated and denied and covered for Putin for 558 days.
Of course Trump hates it. He know it makes his election win look like it is not legit, and of course Russians wanted Trump to feel like he is the president because of them.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He can't demand the Russians not do what we so readily do. I suppose we should be happy that the Russians didn't start dropping bombs like we do.
Of course he can.

We've always demanded stuff like that.

Or, did you miss the Cold War entirely?

Old 07-19-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
What’s in those Clinton emails and on that DNC server that you are so desperate to hide by shouting
“Russia Russia Russia”? This is chicken little deflection. Come on pajama boyz and riot gurlz, those ***** hats gotta be too tight on your drug addled little heads.
Nothing. Unless there are some more recipes.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
AND the last admin did absolutely nothing about it and let it go on. So who are the real traitors here?
Trump, pretty much. I don't buy the "they did it, so it's okay now" defense.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I think you forgot a critical part... “I do not care if a foreign power tampered in electoral process and influenced the outcome because my preferred candidate won.”
Yes... that's the real reason, isn't it?

I bet you everyone else who was running cares, regardless of party.

So does everyone who wanted one of the other candidates... regardless of party.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:45 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,352,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Actually, too many people think this way and the ignorance of that kind of mindset is not only shocking but down right dangerous to our country.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,652,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump ignored it because he has no love or loyalty for this nation.

His cultists worship him for much the same reason.
I have to agree. He certainly has no love for democracy. He has a love for the strongman and countries ruled by authoritarian leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
How many cyber attacks have US Presidents ordered?
You see Im finding it hard to accept that we have any moral high ground on this issue. Yes I can see why we as a nation should be concerned that we are vulnerable. What we don't have a right to be is butt hurt by it, considering how many countries we have screwed with.
So when September 11 happened - you just shrugged and said 'well, we kill people too"? I doubt that you did.

IF Russian collusion had tipped the scales in Hillary's favor - you and yours would be screaming at the top of your lungs day in and day out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You all are wasting your breathe and bandwidth. Trump said he could shoot someone on fifth in broad daylight and not lose any supporters. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
So true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies