Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 05:01 PM

37,955 posts, read 18,013,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The problem with welfare is that there’s a celing. Earn a dollar more than your suppose to, BAM IT’s taken away, so why try?
So instead of a ceiling, why not a floor? A baseline for you to start at. And your work adds to it, you progress higher up and you don’t need it anymore. But its still there in case it all dalls down.

But keep in mind if you stay at the base you won’t be happy. Just stagnant.
Agreed. Welfare doesn't encourage one to get ahead and work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 05:02 PM

19,980 posts, read 12,282,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you equate American citizens who pay into Medicare and Social Security over a 40-year working career with people who get freebies for simply birthing some babies on American soil, and never contributed a dime to the system?
Moronic, isn’t it?

Old 07-16-2018, 05:02 PM

37,955 posts, read 18,013,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Wonder what percentage of red state residents are on some sort of welfare?
It's about immigrants. Quit deflecting because you don't like to hear the truth.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:06 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,946,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Is the idea that we should only be letting folks in that have a good chance of not being on welfare such a crazy idea ?

We have enough native born people on welfare .
——-
About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.
—
Wait–How Many Immigrants Are On Welfare Again?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...again-n2498018
Native households? I thought they were poor on the reservations.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:08 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,978,498 times
I’m perfectly happy with doing away with welfare, but since I know that will not happen in my lifetime, it needs to be revamped. I’m tired of a huge chunk of people taking advantage of welfare and staying on it for long periods of time and not even trying to better their lives. The welfare system needs to be changed or done away with.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:56 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,540,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wouldn't a better comparison be citizens verse non citizens.

What percentage of Black Democrat voters are on welfare since you're playing politics?
Why do you have to bring race into it when the majority of people on welfare are white?

Old 07-16-2018, 07:16 PM

63,536 posts, read 29,630,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
Native households? I thought they were poor on the reservations.
Everyone born here is a native American.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Why do you have to bring race into it when the majority of people on welfare are white?
Not percentage wise to their population numbers they aren't.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
If their counting free school lunch as welfare again, I wouldn't be surprised. Feeding children "lunches" isn't exactly what I think of or most people think of when you hear the term "welfare".
It is welfare because only kids from low income families can qualify for it. Their parents get welfare and food stamps so why do the schools have to cover their meals at school to?

Old 07-16-2018, 07:25 PM

45,483 posts, read 26,756,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
If their counting free school lunch as welfare again, I wouldn't be surprised. Feeding children "lunches" isn't exactly what I think of or most people think of when you hear the term "welfare".
Haha its all welfare. Your neighbor with no children is robbed and his money is used to help pick up the tab for feeding and propagandizing your children in a govt education factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is welfare because only kids from low income families can qualify for it. Their parents get welfare and food stamps so why do the schools have to cover their meals at school to?
Wrong see above.
Proving the GOP really does love their welfare^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies