Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Respectfully, then you do not understand what racism really is. Think of it this way. Many men feel women are inferior to men. Does this mean that such men will therefore only date other men? Many adults feel children are inferior because they have not developed to the level of adults. Does that mean that adults hate children? Don't people have pets often and people feel that animals are generally inferior to humans, even though they might have superior senses of smell, or sight, or hearing...etc?
I don't follow nor do I see these as the same thing as blank ism. Sure racism can be simple jokes that one may see as harmless, but it can easily get more than that.

Quote:
A racist is someone who essentially sees black people as inferior, notwithstanding them thinking that blacks are superior at somethings like running, jumping, etc. Such beliefs of black inferiority does not mean that you can't love a black person, get along with black people, can't have a black friend etc. What this means is that if you are not a hateful person, your racism is often benign and goes unnoticed unless or until you have to make a sudden decision where your subconscious takes over. I dare say that MOST whites are racist in their subconscious, but many are able to override or hide it at the conscious level. Black people can sense it....however. Whites can hide it from themselves....but can't hide it from black people. The reason that we can see it and whites can't is because whites do not generally know what racism really is....hence, they can only HIDE what they think is evidence of being a racist. That is where they mess up at because they have created a self serving definition of racism.....one that excludes them. However, for those who truly understands the ROOT of racism, we see their racism.
I dated an African-American woman for nearly 20 months, I'm pretty damn sure she would know if I was racist in that time. Hell, would we even possibly get married if I were racist? I work with African-American people and I treat then the same as I would a white or Hispanic.

As for what racism is, I know what it is. I have been subjected to black on white racism. So tell me again how a white person like me don't know about racism? You don't know me, you don't know that I was taken through every hoop that an African-American Scoutmaster could put me through while earning the rank of Eagle Scout, only to see one of screw up favorites who was also African-American, get every chance to earn it to the point of it damn near being handed to him. Yeah I don't know racism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 02:57 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't follow nor do I see these as the same thing as blank ism. Sure racism can be simple jokes that one may see as harmless, but it can easily get more than that.

I dated an African-American woman for nearly 20 months, I'm pretty damn sure she would know if I was racist in that time. Hell, would we even possibly get married if I were racist? I work with African-American people and I treat then the same as I would a white or Hispanic.

As for what racism is, I know what it is. I have been subjected to black on white racism. So tell me again how a white person like me don't know about racism? You don't know me, you don't know that I was taken through every hoop that an African-American Scoutmaster could put me through while earning the rank of Eagle Scout, only to see one of screw up favorites who was also African-American, get every chance to earn it to the point of it damn near being handed to him. Yeah I don't know racism...

If black people can be racist against black people.....most certainly another race can be racist against black people. Like I said before, the root of racism is belief that one race is superior to another race. Some people believe in gender superiority....ergo, sexism. That does not prevent them from marrying people of the inferior gender....does it?

I don't know if you are racist or not. All I am saying is the reasons or evidence you are presenting in your defense are not necessarily full proof.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:31 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Sure, you're right. But if an accusation is to be made, shouldn't there be some evidence. The more serious the accusation, the more serious the evidence. And racism is a serious accusation.

If there is no evidence other than imaginings, you should shut up and go on to fight another day. The pursuit of false accusations is a prime means by which we got into the mess from which we've being trying to extricate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies