Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 09:44 AM

39,955 posts, read 26,711,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Russia is having a major influence over the MSM. That's the ironic thing. They think election meddling was the big thing Russia did, but it really wasn't.
Russia doesn't need to "influence" our MSM. The MSM is already working to divide the American people, play identity politics, and working to undermine the country. All Russia has to do is to NOT help the media's chosen candidate to win and the media will tear this country apart with no further help from the Russians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 09:48 AM

482 posts, read 244,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I'm kind of tired of the distinctions of the first black person doing this or that. Why can't someone just be recognized for doing something amazing? Why does race have to play into it at all?

One extreme side likes to point out when blacks do something wrong or fail at something while the other side likes to point out when blacks do something right or succeed at something.

One side sees them as a nuisance, while the other sees them as pets, but both see them as inferior to themselves despite that only one side really ever admits it.

As someone that's in the middle somewhere on all this, both extreme sides drive me up the wall with their obsession of black people and black culture.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,765,898 times
Lets face the facts. The "R" word is the new "N" word...but for whites. White folks HATE being called or seen as racist. Hence, when the media starts focusing on white racism....its like calling America "racist" and white people don't like that. However, how long have we gone with the media showing blacks negatively? No....we don't like it either but maybe now that the shoe is slightly on the other foot....you can see how uncomfortable it is.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:23 AM

6,834 posts, read 2,423,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
What the h*ll is wrong with the media today and I mean ALL Media. Every single one of them when reporting on an incident in the headlines will mention the color of both sides. You can't tell me that this isn't adding fuel to the fire.

No links needed as you can go on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, whatever, it's clear as you can see, they are pushing this agenda.

Ok, now I'm off my soapbox.
If you are applying media in general, Anime News Network has been around for 20 years and I don't know of them ever using the race-card on a regular basis (then again, I first started using the site around May 2005). There are cases of people in the anime/manga industry doing or saying something that is racist (Nazi depictions are quite popular in Japan) but not as often as you would read on CNN.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,436,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I take it most people are upset because more attention is now being paid to WHITES doing wrong. The crime stories in our local news have comment opportunities after each story. Let the race not be reported of a shooting suspect and white folks on the forum go crazy claiming its PC run amok. Now that more stories are coming out where whites are the perpetrators....."Ohhhh my God. This is so irresponsible". Please!

I say leave out all imagery, if it does not really add value in solving the case and the police don't need the public's help. People have a problem now with media MENTIONING the races, well, that is not too much worse than SHOWING the races of the victims and or perps. See how happy white folks are when black people are not being SHOWN or their race NOTED for crime stories.
You 'take it most people are upset....' or you imagined it in your head? There is a difference between the two. Do you have a shred of evidence other than your imagination?

Old 07-15-2018, 05:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,436,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Lets face the facts. The "R" word is the new "N" word...but for whites. White folks HATE being called or seen as racist. Hence, when the media starts focusing on white racism....its like calling America "racist" and white people don't like that. However, how long have we gone with the media showing blacks negatively? No....we don't like it either but maybe now that the shoe is slightly on the other foot....you can see how uncomfortable it is.
White folks HATE being falsely accused of racism, as anyone should HATE being falsely accused of anything. You might make a 'note to self' of that.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:26 PM

38,922 posts, read 24,059,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
White folks HATE being falsely accused of racism, as anyone should HATE being falsely accused of anything. You might make a 'note to self' of that.
This is a rare time I'll agree with you. Mainly because how can I be racist when out of the majority of girls I've dated have been non-white whether black, native or mixed? I got this claim from a kid I use to work with when I would tell him not to do something...

Old 07-15-2018, 11:31 PM

45,671 posts, read 24,186,042 times
If they don't point out the race, critics claim they are trying to mask the reality.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You 'take it most people are upset....' or you imagined it in your head? There is a difference between the two. Do you have a shred of evidence other than your imagination?

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is a rare time I'll agree with you. Mainly because how can I be racist when out of the majority of girls I've dated have been non-white whether black, native or mixed? I got this claim from a kid I use to work with when I would tell him not to do something...

Respectfully, then you do not understand what racism really is. Think of it this way. Many men feel women are inferior to men. Does this mean that such men will therefore only date other men? Many adults feel children are inferior because they have not developed to the level of adults. Does that mean that adults hate children? Don't people have pets often and people feel that animals are generally inferior to humans, even though they might have superior senses of smell, or sight, or hearing...etc?

A racist is someone who essentially sees black people as inferior, notwithstanding them thinking that blacks are superior at somethings like running, jumping, etc. Such beliefs of black inferiority does not mean that you can't love a black person, get along with black people, can't have a black friend etc. What this means is that if you are not a hateful person, your racism is often benign and goes unnoticed unless or until you have to make a sudden decision where your subconscious takes over. I dare say that MOST whites are racist in their subconscious, but many are able to override or hide it at the conscious level. Black people can sense it....however. Whites can hide it from themselves....but can't hide it from black people. The reason that we can see it and whites can't is because whites do not generally know what racism really is....hence, they can only HIDE what they think is evidence of being a racist. That is where they mess up at because they have created a self serving definition of racism.....one that excludes them. However, for those who truly understands the ROOT of racism, we see their racism.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 07-16-2018 at 06:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies