Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 02:10 PM

7,799 posts, read 4,426,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bunch of bedwetters. Yes, I've been there many times.

Thanks for the good laugh. I have no idea what your point is except I know they have treatments for such problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 02:12 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Oh, so you're the last person still watching CNN. I was wondering...
CNN is not liberal enough. I watch MSNBC. But the Brit's Trump baby blimp is universal and the whole world can watch and laugh at him.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:19 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,669,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't know anyone who particuarly likes Trump, indeed he's not a very nice or likeable man.

In terms of Devon and Cornwall, the counties are home to a big fishing industry and have never liked the EU, as they impose fishing quotas and allowed European fishermen to fish their waters, similarly farmers and other rural types also tend to be critical of the EU.

In terms of tariffs, climate change and Trump on the world stage, he is not popular especially in the cities which heavily on industry and physical trade rather than service industries.

Trump is most umpopular in Germany, but is not well liked throughout the world, and the fact that the British authorities have designed an itinerary that largely avoids appearances in London and major cities speaks volumes.

Saying all that England footbal team are now through to the Semi-Finals of the World Cup and should we get through to the Final next weekend, then most people will have more important things on their minds than Trump's visit.
I am cheering on your team! Looks like they could be facing France. No Zidane headbutt to worry about.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:51 PM

20,989 posts, read 8,772,573 times
First fashion pics. Not a fan of this look.

Melania Trump wears Louboutin pumps on her way to Europe | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 PM

1,440 posts, read 785,628 times
The UK taxpayer is being forced to pay 5 million pounds (6.6 million dollars) just so he can golf at his resort in Scotland.

Ministers pledge to foot £5m security bill for Trump visit to Scotland | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-11-2018, 10:04 PM

20,989 posts, read 8,772,573 times
I can't wait to see what Melania will wear to the formal dinner at Blenheim Palace. I've traveled all over England yet not managed to go there yet. Need to add it to my bucket list.

I love her in this white dress at an earlier event.
Trump gabs with world leaders while Melania homes in on Merkel | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-11-2018, 10:19 PM

45,671 posts, read 24,179,865 times
I find 'foreigners' are very careful when chatting away. They read their audience well and will temper their comments to suit the 'American' they are talking to.

If you don't immediately criticize Trump -- they will say something nice about him to be diplomatic. Don't take that as being a supporter of Trump-- lol.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:21 PM

45,671 posts, read 24,179,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I can't wait to see what Melania will wear to the formal dinner at Blenheim Palace. I've traveled all over England yet not managed to go there yet. Need to add it to my bucket list.

I love her in this white dress at an earlier event.
Trump gabs with world leaders while Melania homes in on Merkel | Daily Mail Online
She was walking funny -- or it seemed. She usually has such a graceful walk but she looked a little like she was limping in some of the pictures.

Didn't care for the Blue dress with the big white applique on her shoulder.

The white dress is definitely the best outfit so far.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:45 PM

47,109 posts, read 26,237,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Fingers crossed Trump manages to only embarrass us and is able to avoid a complete disaster.
Whatever you are drinking, I will have a double.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 PM

47,109 posts, read 26,237,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bunch of bedwetters. Yes, I've been there many times.
Someone called you a "septic", eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies