Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:23 AM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times

Advertisements

To the OP - do you think you have it so bad in America that living and working in China would be preferable?

Yes, I mean you, Boer, individually - do you honestly feel that your quality of life would improve (assuming you spoke/read/wrote the language) if you left the US and became a Chinese citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 11:39 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,587,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
"RIGHT TO WORK" AMERICANS HAVE LESS LABOR LAWS THAN CHINESE.

China has the largest labor union in the world

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-...f_Trade_Unions

that's why they can't get drug tested or fired without just cause

matter of fact is a lot of American drug testing companies have lobbied for but could not achieve drug testing policies in China because they have better labor rights than we do in the USA....

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...ing-rules.aspx

China is moving factories here!!!

do you want to know why?

That's because American labor is NOW CHEAPER THAN CHINESE!!!

Manufacturing Wages: China Vs US - Business Insider
LOL use Sweden or Germany for labor rights example.

China's union does what Xi Jinpin tells them to.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:18 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
To the OP - do you think you have it so bad in America that living and working in China would be preferable?

Yes, I mean you, Boer, individually - do you honestly feel that your quality of life would improve (assuming you spoke/read/wrote the language) if you left the US and became a Chinese citizen?

No because I'm a property owner and a business owner. And thanks to the loss of the great labor laws we had for the majority of American history I will be able to comfortably retire because Americans will be desperate renters not comfortable landowners and I as a landlord will be sitting quite pretty!

I actually made a fair amount of money competing in mixed martial arts and working within one of Americas largest labor unions therefore I am one of those people who is what they call a job Creator in this country

HOWEVER I came from third world poverty...
kerosene heat poverty and I worked my way up from poverty and I know exactly what it's like on the other side

I made most of my money working in the northeastern labor markets and then I moved to the South and I was blown away shocked flabbergasted and amazed at the difference in labor laws from the West Coast and Northeast as compared to the American South

If I were a young man just starting my career in labor I would be MUCH better off in CHINA than in the " right to work" American labor law that WAS found only in the "southern" states but has RECENTLY infected the northeast and thanks to the RECENT SCOTUS decision all public employees Nationwide

Get your learn on
https://www.chinalawblog.com/2009/04..._cultural.html

https://internationalman.com/article...-middle-class/

Old 07-16-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
LOL use Sweden or Germany for labor rights example.

China's union does what Xi Jinpin tells them to.
everybody already knows they have better labor laws than America

the China example is a new and shocking revelation

Old 07-16-2018, 12:40 PM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Quote:
No because I'm a property owner and a business owner. And thanks to the loss of the great labor laws we had for the majority of American history I will be able to comfortably retire because Americans will be desperate renters not comfortable landowners and I as a landlord will be sitting quite pretty!

I actually made a fair amount of money competing in mixed martial arts and working within one of Americas largest labor unions therefore I am one of those people who is what they call a job Creator in this country

HOWEVER I came from third world poverty...
kerosene heat poverty and I worked my way up from poverty and I know exactly what it's like on the other side

I made most of my money working in the northeastern labor markets and then I moved to the South and I was blown away shocked flabbergasted and amazed at the difference in labor laws from the West Coast and Northeast as compared to the American South

If I were a young man just starting my career in labor I would be MUCH better off in CHINA than in the " right to work" American labor law that WAS found only in the "southern" states but has RECENTLY infected the northeast and thanks to the RECENT SCOTUS decision all public employees Nationwide

Get your learn on
https://www.chinalawblog.com/2009/04..._cultural.html

https://internationalman.com/article...-middle-class/
OK, so long winded version of "no, I would not be better off."

You make the assumption, however, that people other than you would be better off. You know better than they do how their lives can be improved, and because you know this with such certainty, you will prescribe what must done in order to have their best, most improved life happen here, in America, according to your assumptions.

Wearing the mantle of such superiority must be a heavy burden.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
OK, so long winded version of "no, I would not be better off."

You make the assumption, however, that people other than you would be better off. You know better than they do how their lives can be improved, and because you know this with such certainty, you will prescribe what must done in order to have their best, most improved life happen here, in America, according to your assumptions.

Wearing the mantle of such superiority must be a heavy burden.

AHEM...to repeat myself:
If I were a young man just starting my career in labor I would be MUCH better off in CHINA than in the " right to work" American labor law that WAS found only in the "southern" states but has RECENTLY infected the northeast and thanks to the RECENT SCOTUS decision all public employees Nationwide.

I don't mind helping people understand the situation...a lot of poor people never leave the little town they were born in, there's nothing wrong with that , but for those of us with more worldly experience it would be a crime not to help, it's a very light burden.

But then again im a retired pro fighter so its probability in my nature to "shake cages"

Old 07-16-2018, 02:57 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
AHEM...to repeat myself:
If I were a young man just starting my career in labor I would be MUCH better off in CHINA than in the " right to work" American labor law that WAS found only in the "southern" states but has RECENTLY infected the northeast and thanks to the RECENT SCOTUS decision all public employees Nationwide.

I don't mind helping people understand the situation...a lot of poor people never leave the little town they were born in, there's nothing wrong with that , but for those of us with more worldly experience it would be a crime not to help, it's a very light burden.

But then again im a retired pro fighter so its probability in my nature to "shake cages"
Ok, the big issue here is that you're assuming that paper rights transfer to reality.

This caution applies to the ANY country.

I'm sure you can think of examples in the US where "the rules" or "the law" wasn't exactly fairly followed?

Just something to consider.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, the big issue here is that you're assuming that paper rights transfer to reality.

This caution applies to the ANY country.

I'm sure you can think of examples in the US where "the rules" or "the law" wasn't exactly fairly followed?

Just something to consider.

O man, a quiet voice of reason...you got me there, not used to that around here.

Still profound that China is moving manufacturing here largely based on labour costs

Old 07-16-2018, 03:39 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
O man, a quiet voice of reason...you got me there, not used to that around here.

Still profound that China is moving manufacturing here largely based on labour costs
I think there are other factors involved as well but yes, this has been a trend for a long time. My relative was HR for a major company and talked about jobs coming back here from India and China as their wages were catching up and there were issues with quality etc. in other countries which can trigger brutal contract clauses for not meeting supplier standards etc.

Also important to keep in mind that those jobs in the US have experience waged stagnation from things like sending the jobs to China in the first place.

It's like getting in a bathtub. First the wave heads one direction....then back the other but make no mistake it's always seeking the lowest point.

P.S. In the tariff stuff there may be other reasons as well. Pretty complicated motivations for some companies including local tax incentives, US taxation law....yada yada yada.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:44 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
That's a whole lot of people to feed once the communist experiment fails...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies