Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 09:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,269,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
The wall is a colossal waste of money.
So is not sending the illegal aliens back to their countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 09:59 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,793,458 times
26% of eligible voters went for trump. Hardly a 'mandate'.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:06 AM

27,692 posts, read 28,806,410 times
I want to say that building the wall does not mean that we abandon Mexico and the rest of Latin America or no longer accept immigrants from those countries. Far from it. Legal immigration based on merit should always be welcome.

I sincerely hope the best for all Latin American countries. I wish they rid themselves of the drug cartels and corruption. I wish they become safer, wealthier and provide for all of their citizens. The United States should do whatever it can to help all the countries that want our help. In the future when Mexico and Latin America are more prosperous, we can talk about tearing down the wall.

But that is decades away. Right now, we need the wall to protect the United States.

9,694 posts, read 7,420,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiegood1 View Post
He promised Mexico woukd pay for it but he wants to use my tax dollars now that he was elected

All he is gonna do is pocket most of the money through government contracts. Nope. I don’t approve that. When did conservatives stop caring about spending?

He was not elected to use out tax dollars to fund his own construction projects. How much of those 25 billion dollars will end up in some in a shell company bank account in Switzerland?
Everything you said is wrong

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Building the Wall was the single biggest issue that distinguished Trump from the other candidates. This is what he got elected to do.

Most Americans do not want illegal aliens, drugs, violent gangs and possible terrorists coming into the United States from Mexico. Americans do not want the United States to become like the Latin American countries south of its border. If the Wall doesn't get built, then Trump's Presidency will be essentially meaningless.

So, let's get this thing built!
We don't need a wall. Let us know when Mexico is going to pay for it.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:09 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,343,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
E-verify be a lot cheaper
E-verify, fortifying the existing fencing, and hiring more border patrol guards should do more than a wall would ever do for far less money.

Alas, there are not so many highly-lucrative contracts to hand out from any of those projects, and there's no "vanity wall" to show for it later.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:10 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Hillary did though. How's that working out for her?
No Hillary, no wall.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:11 AM

16,156 posts, read 10,837,768 times
The wall (paid for by Mexico) was simply a gimmick to hook stupid voters and you fell for it. About half of the undocumented folks in the US have overstayed their visas and the wall would not stop that. It is simply another Trump diversion to make it look like he's doing something. He has ICE running around chasing brown people when the visa folks get a pass...all for show. Trump needs a wall like he needs a hole in his head. We've all seen what a fiasco his immigration policies have been from the start. Everything he touches turns to crap.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,343,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So is not sending the illegal aliens back to their countries.
I'm fine with sending back people who are not allowed to be here legally. I am not referring to people who qualify for asylum.

I'm also on board with fining or jailing anyone hiring illegal immigrants.

I think that is the single solution that will wipe out most of this problem. Get employers to follow proper procedures to document seasonal/H2B workers and the flow of people looking for jobs dries up because they cannot get a job without being authorized to work here.

Old 06-22-2018, 10:14 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,542,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

So, let's get this thing built!
As soon as Mexico agrees to pay for it. That's what Trump promised - Mexico is going to pay for it.

You no longer hear him saying "Who's going to pay for the wall?". Crowd chanting back.... "MEXICO".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies