Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 07:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
How is whether the OP is a Trump supporter or not relevant to the root of this thread?

The founder filed for 501 (c)(4) status in 2010.

Obama's ridicule of Trump at the WHCD didn't occur until 2011.
The whole "deep state" conspiracy crapola is a Trumpling thing.

You guys make up any and all types of excuses for the failure of your orange godling and this is just another one on that long list.

And it's just as bogus as all the rest.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 08:26 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again Nonsense. It is human nature. And cops of all disciplines and regions have whispered to each other since time immemorial. In a local area they may well know each other and even lunch together.

There are many communication networks some of which are informal. But they exist.
It IS human nature, but only among the weakest of humans.

BTW: It is either "human nature" and exists or it is nonsense and does not exist. It cannot be both. Pick one position.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:36 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
For the deep state deniers, how do you explain Catherine Engelbrecht?
Another good example is Allison Hrabar, who is a DOJ emplyee. Hrabar was within her rights when she heckled and shouted at Kirstjen Nielsen, DHS head. But when Hrabar is promoted to a policy making position she will continue her "fight" to make America into something she wants.

Deep State is a culture. Lefties pretend they don't understand, but they know full well it exists; they know that bureaucracies control every facet of our lives and they want it to continue. Un-elected career bureaucrats are Lefties best friend.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:39 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,280 times
You can prove this accusation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Don’t partner with a hostile foreign government to influence a presidential election and you won’t have a problem with “the deep state.”

Old 06-21-2018, 08:42 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,280 times
notnamed? Like this post from Winter_Sucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Don’t partner with a hostile foreign government to influence a presidential election and you won’t have a problem with “the deep state.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You’ve got the burden of proof backwards. If you want to assert such a thing exists you need incontrovertible proof. Not just anecdotes, hearsay, and jumped conclusions.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:54 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,255 times
I don’t consider myself liberal, but when an organization with obvious political objectives (as show in their own video releases) tries to apply to be a non-profit, that throws up red flags. You can’t be a non-profit charity and have political objectives. I’m not saying there aren’t groups out there that don’t do that, but at least they have the common sense to, you know have some actual charity work and keep their political leanings in the dark. This “True to Vote” group was partisan in its nature and with every statement I read.

Do I think it’s a coincidence that all they groups are investigating, no I don’t. But when someone is willing to be so open and flagrant about breaking tax laws, it’s going to get the attention of other government agencies. Not only that, but these people are asshats, I can just imagine how they are treating the IRS agents assigned to them. They are probably calling up their buddies as other agencies, saying hey, there is some shady stuff going on here, come check them out. Aka, let’s screw them.

That situation doesn’t require some massive government conspiracy. And to claim that only liberals don’t believe in the “deep state” is ridiculous. You’re making conservatives look like idiots.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:29 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is literally no lie that supporters of the Democrat left will not tell.
The same generalization can be said about many members of my party, the Republicans.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The whole "deep state" conspiracy crapola is a Trumpling thing.

You guys make up any and all types of excuses for the failure of your orange godling and this is just another one on that long list.

And it's just as bogus as all the rest.

Ran across this interesting quote for all the liberal deep-state deniers:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...eep_state.html

Quote:
As recently as four years ago, battling the influence of the Deep State was still a liberal cause. “There’s definitely a deep state,” Edward Snowden told the Nation magazine in 2014. “Trust me, I’ve been there.” The same year, former congressional aide Mike Lofgren expounded on Bill Moyers’ website about a hidden government that lies beneath the surface of what Americans can see.
“The subsurface part of the iceberg I shall call the Deep State, which operates according to its own compass heading regardless of who is formally in power,” Lofgren wrote. “It is a hybrid of national security and law enforcement agencies: the Department of Defense, the Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, the Central Intelligence Agency and the Justice Department.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies