Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Participation with the NFL Games
I'm done with the NFL 42 37.50%
I'm a fan. Bring it on 40 35.71%
I'll watch some games 14 12.50%
I'll watch only my team 16 14.29%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 01:33 PM

68,423 posts, read 54,806,896 times

Advertisements

I'm a lot more offended by how long the Ol' Boys' club known as the NFL enjoyed tax-free status while I had to pay than I am by players taking a knee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 01:57 PM

11,403 posts, read 4,127,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Im a veteran. The right to protest is american. The kneeling does not bother me a bit.
Thank you for your service.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:23 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,413,345 times
Quote:
Are you a Lions fan? If so that is some tough love.
Yep!! Believe that!! Lol

Old 06-06-2018, 02:50 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,230,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Yes I am, and I'm not alone, and I think the league is starting to realize it.
So would you go back to watching if the NFL eliminated the anthem at their games?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:50 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,794,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Maybe you should tune in and turn up the volume because you completely missed the message.
The message is 100% irrelevant in my opinion. Just keep politics out of my sports and everyone will be fine. If you're letting one political protest, you have to allow all political protests and that just gets stupid.

Kneeling just seems so nonsensical to me. If you're protesting Trump and you're on your knees, aren't you worshipping him? If you're protesting the flag and you're on your knees, I guess you're worshipping the flag? But regardless, let's just keep all politics out of sports. The fans aren't tuning in or buying tickets to a political event.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:52 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,230,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The message is 100% irrelevant in my opinion. Just keep politics out of my sports and everyone will be fine. If you're letting one political protest, you have to allow all political protests and that just gets stupid.

Kneeling just seems so nonsensical to me. If you're protesting Trump and you're on your knees, aren't you worshipping him? If you're protesting the flag and you're on your knees, I guess you're worshipping the flag? But regardless, let's just keep all politics out of sports. The fans aren't tuning in or buying tickets to a political event.
If doing anything during the national anthem is considered political, wouldn't the anthem itself then be political?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:54 PM

18,949 posts, read 7,806,099 times
NFL Games. In / Out

I'm not nearly good enough to play in the NFL. So I'm out.

Where's that answer in the poll?

Old 06-06-2018, 03:57 PM

13,003 posts, read 9,795,014 times
Quote:
Im a veteran. The right to protest is american. The kneeling does not bother me a bit.
I'm a veteran also, spent a year in Iraq fighting for this country back in 2003. The kneeling doesn't bother me at all.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:11 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,769,423 times
When the 1% coming from the NFL hate the current President, that is when I cancel my season tickets.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Thank you for your service, Knox. Great post overall, but I love the bolded part that specifically addresses the kneeling.

With you being a veteran, I would respect your opinion much more than non veteran's opinion on this issue. So many Trump supporters on here, most of whom have never served in the military, are speaking for veterans.

I'd prefer to hear the opinion of actual veterans like yourself when it comes to whether or not our military members and vets feel disrespected by players kneeling.

And if YOU, a veteran, are not offended by the kneeling, I don't care what anyone else has to say.
Even another vet who dislikes the kneeling for the anthem? I don't blame the players who are majority black for wanting to do something about the issue they are trying to change, but they should have picked a different way to go about it.

If the players think that there are still a lot of people out there who harbor at least a small amount of bias against blacks, then they should consider that some of them may be the fans that help pay their huge salaries. Some of these people might be realizing that a majority of players are people they would never associate with. I want to believe it is only the protests that have been driving away a significant number of fans, but it might be more sinister than that. I don't feel that way. I am a lifetime NFL fan and will still watch the games. Just pointing out where some of the criticism might be coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies