Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 04:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,242,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Dallas bar owner after Nazi salute video surfaces: 'They'll never get back in' | WFAA.com

Did the bar owner have a right to kick them out and ban them?

Is this discrimination?
No its not. Its up to the bar to enforce what type of patrons are allowed in their establishment. I would have told them to keep their hands down as a warning. Next Nazi Salute, I would have kicked out the Alt-right crew. In these classic American themed bars, ideas of Nazism and Communism are emotionally outlawed. Remember Americans fought against Fascism Nazism and Communism and hundreds of thousands of Americans gave their lives fighting against Fascism, Nazism and Communism. In this country there is no room for Fascism, Nazism or Communism especially in hardcore American themed bars.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:22 PM

28,336 posts, read 16,586,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's not difficult at all.

Man owns store.

Man has right to run his business as he sees fit.

Man can kick out someone for a Nazi salute, being gay, kneeling for an anthem, it's 65 degrees out, etc.

If forced to serve at gunpoint man is a slave.

There is no logical or moral way around it.

If you think barring public businesses (open to the public, to publicly owned) from discriminating against protected classes is the equivalent of "slavery", then you have absolutely no grasp of what slavery is.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,588,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If you think barring public businesses (open to the public, to publicly owned) from discriminating against protected classes is the equivalent of "slavery", then you have absolutely no grasp of what slavery is.
Well, I did attend public schools so you are wise to question my academic prowess.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,768,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Pay Milo and Richard Spencer no attention. They are a couple of schoolboys looking for attention.
I wouldn't give either of them the time of day, let alone sell them a beer.
Milo strikes me as an extremely conflicted young man who really only cares about being the center of attention.

His stories about his early sexual encounters are quite . . . enlightening.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:47 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,657,200 times
Quote:
I think they he has every right to kick them out.

I wonder if the right will try to claim that Milo was discriminated because he was gay.
Being gay had nothing to do with the incident in question.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:54 PM

865 posts, read 325,467 times
Quote:
Dallas bar owner after Nazi salute video surfaces: 'They'll never get back in' | WFAA.com

Is this discrimination?
Yes.

I own a bar and you can kick anyone out who is being disruptive or who may incite a fight. I probably would have warned then and told them any additional BS would get them tossed.

That said, why not kick out the fools who run around with Che t-shirts or shirts promoting illegal activities?

Old 10-10-2017, 06:02 PM

18,561 posts, read 15,482,112 times
Quote:
You're equating kneeling to the Nazi salute?

Seriously

At any rate, the NFL and the bar are private entities and it's up to them if they want to kick people out.
I don’t think you have a very good understanding of conservative values. The bolded statement you made is exactly what a true conservative would say. No true conservative would deny the bar owner his right to kick people out of his own bar.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,090,511 times
Quote:

Is this discrimination?
They have the legal right in Texas to refuse service to anyone they wish. There ya go.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,090,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which of those they mentioned is a protected class?

Old 10-10-2017, 06:39 PM

28,336 posts, read 16,586,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Which of those they mentioned is a protected class?

Which of those what that who mentioned?

If you follow the thread, you'll see that No_Recess plainly stated that being forced to not discriminate against protected classes is the same thing as being a slave.

Really, he/she did. I'll even quote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's fiction because the State is fiction.

All I want is logical and moral consistency.

If you believe a man doesn't have the right to refuse service of the fruits of his labor to someone and that a 3rd party can force him to do so...at gunpoint...you believe in violent slavery.

Go ahead and own it. Nothing bad will happen to you. The government will pat you on the head.
(emphasis mine)

That would seem to apply to any/all protected class(es), would it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies