Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 02:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,352,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Wrong. Again.

There are some things for which you can kick a patron out and some things for which you cannot.

I know you don't agree with it, but it's the law. Kick someone out for being Black, or Jewish, or Christian and you're looking at a lawsuit.

Giving a Nazi salute is not protected conduct.
it's frightening that some stumblebums still can't seem to grasp this concept

Old 10-10-2017, 02:22 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,863,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it's frightening that some stumblebums still can't seem to grasp this concept
It's how we got the president we have today. Lack of understanding of history and no willingness to learn.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,559,200 times
Quote:
Wrong. Again.

There are some things for which you can kick a patron out and some things for which you cannot.

I know you don't agree with it, but it's the law. Kick someone out for being Black, or Jewish, or Christian and you're looking at a lawsuit.

Giving a Nazi salute is not protected conduct.
I'm aware of the law.

It's fictional drivel.

The "protected class" thing is more nonsense.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:34 PM

10,565 posts, read 6,266,143 times
Pay Milo and Richard Spencer no attention. They are a couple of schoolboys looking for attention.
I wouldn't give either of them the time of day, let alone sell them a beer.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:36 PM

20,509 posts, read 12,508,599 times
Quote:
It's how we got the president we have today. Lack of understanding of history and no willingness to learn.
im sorry. I fully get that Trump is bumbling goof at times. I even get the antipathy.... but we got this president due to a "lacu of understanding history and no willingness to learn"
you gotta explain that because from where im sitting, we had worse as the other option. shoot, the dems top two were a moron and a criminal.

what exactly about historic illiteracy got TheDonald elected?

Old 10-10-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
im sorry. I fully get that Trump is bumbling goof at times. I even get the antipathy.... but we got this president due to a "lacu of understanding history and no willingness to learn"
you gotta explain that because from where im sitting, we had worse as the other option. shoot, the dems top two were a moron and a criminal.

what exactly about historic illiteracy got TheDonald elected?
Maybe it's more of a lack of understanding of basic political and economic realities. For example, Trump's promise to build a wall and get Mexico to pay for it. Clearly, he's playing on peoples' frustration with immigration policies. But even if he gets sections of wall built, Mexico will never pay for it. There's simply no mechanism for that to happen. Nor is there the political will to get it done. Immigration is an extremely complicated issue which is why there hasn't been any comprehensive immigration reform. But Trump supporters don't want to hear that and simply swallowed the promise he made.

Another example is Trump's promise to bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States. Maybe repealing or reworking NAFTA is a good idea, but it's unlikely to ever happen. The fact is that whether one is a "globalist" or not, we live in a global economy. Very few manufacturers (including Donald and Ivanka) are going to make goods here when it's cheaper to make them abroad and sell them here. It's not going to make economic sense to anyone starting a business and American consumers would be appalled at the prices they would end up paying for goods manufactured here. But again, without a basic understanding of economics, Trump supporters were happy to vote for him based on his promises.

Trump said he would repeal and replace Obamacare on his first day in office. Again, anyone who has any understanding of the legislative process knew that wasn't going to happen. But he said it and they believed it.

The person I responded to in this thread makes the argument that merchants can refuse to do business with whomever they want and people often argue that employers can fire whoever they want. That shows a complete lack of understanding of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Whether you think it should have been passed or not, it's been the law of the land for more than 50 years. To call it "fiction" is just stupid.

I understand why people didn't want to vote for Hillary. But IMO, anyone who thought Trump was a better choice simply lacks basic knowledge of history and the political process.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,559,200 times
Quote:
Maybe it's more of a lack of understanding of basic political and economic realities. For example, Trump's promise to build a wall and get Mexico to pay for it. Clearly, he's playing on peoples' frustration with immigration policies. But even if he gets sections of wall built, Mexico will never pay for it. There's simply no mechanism for that to happen. Nor is there the political will to get it done. Immigration is an extremely complicated issue which is why there hasn't been any comprehensive immigration reform. But Trump supporters don't want to hear that and simply swallowed the promise he made.

Another example is Trump's promise to bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States. Maybe repealing or reworking NAFTA is a good idea, but it's unlikely to ever happen. The fact is that whether one is a "globalist" or not, we live in a global economy. Very few manufacturers (including Donald and Ivanka) are going to make goods here when it's cheaper to make them abroad and sell them here. It's not going to make economic sense to anyone starting a business and American consumers would be appalled at the prices they would end up paying for goods manufactured here. But again, without a basic understanding of economics, Trump supporters were happy to vote for him based on his promises.

Trump said he would repeal and replace Obamacare on his first day in office. Again, anyone who has any understanding of the legislative process knew that wasn't going to happen. But he said it and they believed it.

The person I responded to in this thread makes the argument that merchants can refuse to do business with whomever they want and people often argue that employers can fire whoever they want. That shows a complete lack of understanding of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Whether you think it should have been passed or not, it's been the law of the land for more than 50 years. To call it "fiction" is just stupid.

I understand why people didn't want to vote for Hillary. But IMO, anyone who thought Trump was a better choice simply lacks basic knowledge of history and the political process.
It's fiction because the State is fiction.

All I want is logical and moral consistency.

If you believe a man doesn't have the right to refuse service of the fruits of his labor to someone and that a 3rd party can force him to do so...at gunpoint...you believe in violent slavery.

Go ahead and own it. Nothing bad will happen to you. The government will pat you on the head.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

If you believe a man doesn't have the right to refuse service of the fruits of his labor to someone and that a 3rd party can force him to do so...at gunpoint...you believe in violent slavery.

Go ahead and own it. Nothing bad will happen to you. The government will pat you on the head.
I will own it. Thank you.

Have you considered a move to somewhere with no government? Somalia? The mountains of Afghanistan? What's keeping you here?

Old 10-10-2017, 03:45 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,071,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Dallas bar owner after Nazi salute video surfaces: 'They'll never get back in' | WFAA.com

Did the bar owner have a right to kick them out and ban them?

Is this discrimination?
Without bothering to look at your linked video, yes, they have the right to kick out anyone for any reason. Their bar, their rules.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:46 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,584,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

The State is real, we're just fighting over who holds the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies