Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 10:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,812,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Geez, why do I have to baby step you through everything.

This time I refuse. If you can't figure this out, I'll leave you to your fantasy.
You made the claim about US sending Europe money, and that US pays 21%.

I pointed out Europe pays 79%.

I am sorry you are having a hard time with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 10:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,712,188 times
It's amazing how many liberals want to continue propping up the military industrial complex in order to get in a jab on Trump.

Liberal, "I oppose spending billions to buy military hardware. Well, unless it allows me to criticize Trump, and the. I love a bloated military budget."

Old 05-28-2017, 10:40 AM

47,065 posts, read 26,166,304 times
Quote:
Let's do a comparison.

How many US troops do you think are stationed in Europe as opposed to how many European troops are stationed in the US?

How many US bases are in Europe and how many European bases are in the US?
Except it's not 1982 any more. The US bases left are there to support US military operations in the Middle East, not to defend Europe. One could mention that there's exactly one country that has had Article V invoked - not a European one. Or one could mention the European servicemen losing life and limb in Afghanistan, a war fought in support of the US. But we're not dealing with an administration that is equipped for perspective, are we?

Trump's idiocy has down doubt as to whether the US will stand by article V, and that has to have the champagne corks popping in the Kremlin.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:41 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,108,749 times
That's a funny statement coming from a leader who is on her knees, bowing before the enemy. And the rest of Europe is close behind. The UK is attempting to stand back up by exiting the EU.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:41 AM

9,692 posts, read 7,430,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Meeting Trump in person confirmed their worst fears. US can no longer be trusted (as long as Trump is in WH).
And that is a good thing

Old 05-28-2017, 10:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,812,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
And that is a good thing
What is so good about our allies not being able to trust us?

34,619 posts, read 21,712,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Guess I could also say to you, the 30's called and we got this fool who is now in the WH.
I heard them Ruskies have some new fangled contraption called a tank. It's like a cannon on wheels.

In the 30's, it took hundreds of thousands of troops to stop an army rolling through Europe. Now, one sub can take out that army and the capital city who sent them in less than an hour.

14,221 posts, read 6,998,163 times
Quote:
I'm glad the MIL complex can count on you to support spending billions of dollars on military hardware to safe guard Europe against the boogeyman.
And who is the boogeyman? Is it Russia? A country with 20% of the military budget of the EU?

Old 05-28-2017, 10:44 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,174,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Even if you're a massive Euro hater for whatever reason it's not a good idea to burn bridges in case that inevitable third world war happens.
Exactly.

It's somewhat concerning that he cozies up to dictators, but alienates everyone else.

It's one thing to ask them to pay their fair share, but he wasn't even engaging with the rest of the G7 the way everybody else was, and that isn't going to be beneficial to the USA. Luke it or not, we *do* need allies.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 05-28-2017 at 10:54 AM..

Old 05-28-2017, 10:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,363,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The system that was devised out of the rubble of WWII and that protected the peace and gave us prosperity for over 70years is now in jeopardy because of a corrupt, incompetent, unintelligent small man. Ignorance rules the day in the USA today. The ramifications of Trump's action will be felt long after he is out of office and relegated to the ranks of history's worst leaders.
OMG you people make everything about Trump.

C'mon Trump-haters, wake up and think for a minute.

German elections are coming up in September this year. Remember all the talk of how weak Merkel was? Merkel is just doing what any smart politician does when they don't want to run on their record. She makes a strawman out of Trump and runs against him instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies